Justin Blackmon, WR, Jags

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Justin Blackmon is currently suspended by the NFL indefinitely for drug policy violation. It seems he is doing fine since and getting out of rehab. The Jags still own his rights. If all systems are checked and good....would you trade for him?

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blo...b-justin-blackmon-pleads-no-contest-marijuana

He's not a tall WR at 6'1/210 pds but his game is bigger than his size. Plus he's a proven #1 WR. Jags have Shorts and Robinson so for the right type of deal they may be willing to part with Blackmon.

A

Anonymous

Largent80":2nbtd5ch said:
Not black enough.

Will this "joke" ever run it's course?

Or will it live on and on like Calihawk's "Fart" posts?

Fair question.

Largent80

Reaction score
I just don't get adding a WR at this point of the season. Especially one with a drug suspension, we have been down that road and blew it up.

What is the point?...To piss off the rest of our WR players?

C'mon, our hand is dealt. Play it.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Trade? Nope. He's under contract another year and it's not a small one. I'd expect the Jags to either try and rework his contract or cut him.

If they cut him then I might be tempted to have a look.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2fatvdbl said:
I just don't get adding a WR at this point of the season.

Any trade would be after the season since the deadline for NFL trades has passed, so it's not a playing with the hand we're dealt situation.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Largent80":1roonkx9 said:
I just don't get adding a WR at this point of the season. Especially one with a drug suspension, we have been down that road and blew it up.

He's suspended and this is not intended for this season. It's for the future. He probably won't be reinstated until 2015 anyway. Sorry if that wasn't clear. This season it's pretty much going with what they have and unfortunately, it's not enough.

Basis4day

Reaction score
20 games in three years and 6 touchdowns makes you a proven #1?

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Basis4day":36dp161z said:
20 games in three years and 6 touchdowns makes you a proven #1?

For the Seahawks, yes it does. What makes him a #1 WR is the impact he's had in those games. Not necessarily the amount of games he's played. In 20 games, he's had 94 receptions for 1,280 yards. He's also had subpar QBs - Gabbert, Henne, etc. throwing to him.

http://www.nfl.com/player/justinblackmon/2533038/careerstats

mistaowen

Reaction score
Dude's very talented but made some stupid decisions. Him and Dez Bryant both had trouble off the field to start their NFL careers but Dez matured while Justin didn't. Not saying he's as talented as Dez but him being drafted 5th overall wasn't a fluke. If the Jags just want to get rid of him and we take a flyer, I'm 100% down. We need playmakers on offense badly and maybe his time away from football got his head right.

Ozzy

Reaction score
After the season for the right price I would say yes. He is more talented than any receiver we have on the roster and it might not be close. If you can get him cheap why not?