Bills-Jets

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBCdianna/status/535551854919569408[/tweet]

kidhawk

Reaction score
Glad to see they finally decided to do this. It's just crazy what's going on there right now. Especially since I am looking outside at a snow-free landscape.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/535230459408822273[/tweet]

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
He could probably use my cooler. It had grapefruit soda and Tiki punch soda in it...in the form of ice now.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Is the game being moved for the safety of people coming to the game out there? I mean, playing on the field shouldn't be a problem. That is the only reason I can see them moving the game to another venue.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3921jr7f said:
Is the game being moved for the safety of people coming to the game out there? I mean, playing on the field shouldn't be a problem. That is the only reason I can see them moving the game to another venue.

Official statement -

"Due to public safety concerns in light of the ongoing weather emergency in western New York, Sunday's Jets-Bills game has been rescheduled to Monday night at 7 p.m. ET and relocated to Ford Field in Detroit.

"As mentioned earlier today, public safety resources in western New York must be fully available to deal with the recovery from the storm. We continue our discussions with the team and the Red Cross on ways the NFL can support the community through this weather disaster.

"We greatly appreciate the hospitality of the Detroit Lions in hosting the Bills and this game, which will be televised by CBS in the New York and Buffalo area markets. While Ford Field could have hosted the game on Sunday, in order to give the Bills as much practice time as possible under the circumstances, the decision to play on Monday night was made. The Lions' practice facility will be available to the Bills on Friday and moving the game to Monday night will enable the Bills to practice on Friday and Saturday and have their walk-through on Sunday. The Bills have been unable to practice this week in Buffalo."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... alo_b.html

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I haven't been paying too much attention to the national weather patterns as it has been really bad out here in Michigan as well. I guess I should tune in to the weather channel more often(I just follow our local broadcast). It must be really bad out there if they are bringing it to my home state. Wow! It's a good thing that the Lions are on the road.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":2g8twydk said:
I'm same - don't really pay attention to other places weather. It's still in the 70's here - I didn't even realize there was a storm til this came up yesterday. You kinda forget about winter living here.
Alice be all like: "Snow? That's the cold stuff that comes from above in some areas, right?"

:)

OrFan

Reaction score
RedAlice":3sdzfdzj said:
I'm same - don't really pay attention to other places weather. It's still in the 70's here - I didn't even realize there was a storm til this came up yesterday. You kinda forget about winter living here.

Here is an interesting vid of Buffalo getting a big snow cloud over it -
http://io9.com/watch-this-gigantic-wall ... 1660348339

Here in central Oregon we got down to -18F last Sat night. 18 inches of snow followed by 1/4 inch freezing rain, followed by a couple more inches of snow. We have almost a foot of snow still left. Winter is here and then some. Buffalo has had a storm total of 7 feet!

NINEster

Reaction score
Second time in recent years that Ford Field will host a game under these circumstances -- 2010 Giants @ Vikings.