Odell Beckham...best catch ever?

253hawk

Reaction score
Meh. Do it bare-handed and I'm impressed.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Idk bout best ever but it was very impressive and should be one of the top plays of the year.
Kid has mad ball skills.
I hope he stays humble and keeps his nose clean.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm usually a critic of the vagiants, but damn, that was an incredible catch, even better that it was against the overrated cowpukes.

HawkWow

Reaction score
My phone has been blowing up since the catch. A lot of people are wrong if it's not the best ever.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
No catch where the receiver has nobody touching him is eligible for even one of the top ten best catches ever.

No way in hell. IMO.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1y6da60b said:
No catch where the receiver has nobody touching him is eligible for even one of the top ten best catches ever.

No way in hell. IMO.

Dude he caught it with not just one hand, it was actually only three fingers. Give the guy credit.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":19liu4ps said:

No way in hell. IMO.
Nobody touching him? He was mauled. Didn't you see the yellow flag?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3tqnyuo8 said:
Dude he caught it with not just one hand, it was actually only three fingers. Give the guy credit.
I know. It was a great catch.

It was also uncontested when the ball came in, nobody on him or immediately in front of him. Not even close to "all-time great" status, and I bet he'll agree if asked about that aspect of it after the game.

I think a lot of people don't have a clue how hard it is to actually just catch regular passes with DBs draped on you.

ZorntoLargent":3tqnyuo8 said:
Nobody touching him? He was mauled. Didn't you see the yellow flag?
Did you? Yes, he got mauled. Well beforehand. Watch it again, when the ball's actually coming in close to him, he's free with a good bit of space around him and in front of him.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1zq60h5w said:

No way in hell. IMO.

If that's in response for this catch, if you watched the vid, Collinsworth says repeatedly that he was fouled prior to the catch (also probably is reasoning why the DB falling, cause they were battling). Not 100% sure, didn't watch the play live.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
...See what I replied with just before your reply, dontbelikethat.

The foul happened way early and when the ball came in, he might as well have not had anybody within 50 yards of him in terms of defenders adding difficulty to the catch as it was happening.

Lot of people seem to be having trouble grasping this...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Well, Greatest is subjective. I think it was the best catch I have ever seen.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3oac4fbf said:
Well, Greatest is subjective. I think it was the best catch I have ever seen.
Same catch with Sherman draped all over him, arms up, as the ball's coming in, and now you're talking. WORLD of difference.

pehawk

Reaction score
Roland just feels left out and is desperately trying to socialize here. Arguing's the easiest route. He took a fun thread, with a bunch of guys saying "wow what a catch" and wants to argue over semantics and logic. Roland is to fun what spritzed lemon juice is to a nude burn victims.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Roland is to fun threads what chapped assholes are to 5 mile walks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1uynj1hl said:
The immaculate reception was also a clean catch. Considered by most pundits a top 5 catch
For completely and utterly different reasons including WILD coincidence. You don't consider this an analogy, do you?