NFC West Week 13

ringless

Reaction score
We are getting down to it now with only 5 games remaining. It's make or break time for all teams involved.
Last week played out like I thought it would, there really were no surprises. In saying that though, I do think San Fran is currently playing the worst football in the division and at this point in time may be the worst team in the division.

Since we have a Thursday night game I thought I'd get it started early this week.

As things stand
AZ 9-2
Sea 7-4
SF 7-4
STL 4-7

Seattle will Travel to Santa Clara to play the SF 49ers, in a game that very will could decide which team still has a shot at the division, and possibly a wild card. San Fran has been very underwhelming this season. Third in the division in both PF and PA..... The most consistent thing they do is play down to their opposition. Whether it is needing 5 interceptions from Eli, and barely getting a 16-10 win, or barely scrapping by a horrible Redskins team. I think it's clear that they aren't a team that strikes fear into the opposition, especially with a weak home field. They have a better road record than home if that says anything. I think Seattle is clearly the better team, they by far have the better QB, the better defense, and the better coaches. While I think Seattle wins this game. I really am hoping Seattle finds a way to lose, so they can win in Seattle later in the year. I think it's something like 27-17 hawks.

Arizona travels to Atlanta, who after tonight may be the first place team in the NFC South at 4-7. They feature the 32nd ranked defense in the league which might just be what captain stare down Stanton needs to win outside of UoP. They have an average offense. Winning cures everything and a win this week would go a long way towards securing a playoff spot. The Defense has only allowed 1 touchdown in 10 quarters. I think our Defense will overwhelm their offense, as they have to most opponents this year, and our average offense should be able to take advantage of the only team giving up over 400yds a game to the opposition.

St. Louis will host the Raiders, and the way St. Louis has been playing I doubt they lose this game. St. Louis really has a good team, and some unfortunate luck. They got absolutely robbed of a win this week. They could very easily be contending for the division as well if it wasn't for some just straight up bad luck.

Kap4president

Reaction score
Pretty good analysis sir, however i would disagree with you saying Wilson is the better QB "BY FAR". His stats are pedestrian, most of his big plays are just running around like crazy acting like a halfback, how long before he gets laid out doing that? Kap has a lot of big play ability even though his inconsistency is maddening. I attribute a lot of that to him trying to reign in his natural running instincts, trying to stay in the pocket longer (thus the high amount of sacks) and over thinking, kinda like Steve Young used to do in the beginning. Our D is very good too,especially considering we are doing it without the two BEST inside backers in football,our number one corner and starting nose tackle. Last check we are now the #2 defense. We will be motivated, not predicting a win nor a loss, it's a toss up. But don't count out Kap just yet. Nor our Defense...

redbird

Reaction score
Captain stare down....sad, funny, and accurate. Well done Ringless, well done.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ringless,Good OP ...Mizzou was right about you and I give credit where it's due..

drdiags

Reaction score
Back on topic.

Seahawks at 9ers:

I am not sure what ails the 9ers but I expected more from them offensively. Maybe they got caught in the same mindset as the Seahawks, getting away from their identity for awhile. These games are always close in the recent years and Pete has never beaten the 9ers at home since he has been the HC in Seattle. This game is a toss-up. The physical matches both teams just had leaves a lot in the air. Does Lynch and Wilson shake off the dings to put up the effort needed to score on the 9ers? Too close to call and I regrettably give a slight edge to the home team.

Arizona vs Atlanta:

Atlanta cannot win games outside the division. The Cards defense is legit and should be able to stop the run and control the Falcons Jones and White. The Cards offense should be able to rebound with some deep shots hitting pay dirt. Cards in a close game but should be in control most of the game.

Rams vs Raiders:

Rams have buzzard's luck but I cannot see the Raiders winning this game. Just don't throw an interception on the goal line with a chance to win or tie. What a terrible decision. Was more than 4 minutes left. No need to force things but if the QB hits it, he is the hero so I guess he figures he had nothing to lose?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
lucky49":2wdg62yd said:
seahawks more like poophawks
This may be the worst smack I have ever seen anywhere in my life.
Seriously, this person must be like 11 years old.

Hawks outlast the Whiners 19-16
Cards cruise over the Falcons 27-13 (man the NFC South is bad)
Lambs win but not easily 24-21

Brahn

Reaction score
Kaep's girlfriends legs could be spread wide open and he would still fail the completion.

Kaep is the best QB the Niners have had since Alex Smith.

Kaep had to be talked into being a leader on the team.

Has this guy still been kissing himself?

Championship!

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Arians said if there was practice today Fitz would still not be practicing. Considering he's account for 25% of the offense hopefully we can get him back in the battle of the "Division leaders" lol

Barakas

Reaction score
ringless":3dcp34gb said:
... The Defense has only allowed 1 touchdown in 10 quarters....

We should get credit for running the ball down to your 2 yard line with 2 minutes left and kneeling down for the win. :D

let's call it 1.5 TDs in 10 quarters.

:49ersmall:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Kap4president":2t3zq323 said:
Pretty good analysis sir, however i would disagree with you saying Wilson is the better QB "BY FAR". His stats are pedestrian, most of his big plays are just running around like crazy acting like a halfback, how long before he gets laid out doing that? Kap has a lot of big play ability even though his inconsistency is maddening. I attribute a lot of that to him trying to reign in his natural running instincts, trying to stay in the pocket longer (thus the high amount of sacks) and over thinking, kinda like Steve Young used to do in the beginning. Our D is very good too,especially considering we are doing it without the two BEST inside backers in football,our number one corner and starting nose tackle. Last check we are now the #2 defense. We will be motivated, not predicting a win nor a loss, it's a toss up. But don't count out Kap just yet. Nor our Defense...

Russell Wilson is a better QB BY FAR than Kaepernick. Name a QB that could do as little as kaep has with his WRs...you can't. The whiner front office thought they'd help their offense by bringing in a great WR corps, but Kaep only looks at one of them per play. Kaep has a strong arm, but when touch is needed the pass isn't getting there accurately if it gets there at all. Like a bull in a china shop. Kaep isn't elusive, he's just fast. I'm sure he'll get yards running, but passing and handing it off will not be enough.

I'm predicting a Seahawk win and I AM counting "One Read and Run" Kaep out.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
This thing about the Hawks never winning in SF..Well it will never happen..But they can win in Santa Clara :D

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawks @ SF. Tough one to call, and honesly part of me really doesn't care as long as it is a good game and neither of you wins by a landslide. But, I think the Hawks win. Or maybe I would like to see you trade home losses with each other.

Az @ Atl. After losing to the Hawks last week, this is the perfect game for AZ to get their step back and have a dominant win. Prove they can do it w Stanton still. If they don't, might be the start of that spiral everyone keeps talking about. Hope not - Go AZ.

Raiders @ Rams. Raiders looked good v KC last week - and keep playing with heart. If Rams play to their ability, it will not be close at all and might be the first opp for a Rams win by two TDs ish. Of course, could also turn into a mud fight between two teams who have nothing at all to lose.

Kap4president

Reaction score
rideaducati":25xwgxfn said:
Kap4president":25xwgxfn said:

Russell Wilson is a better QB BY FAR than Kaepernick. Name a QB that could do as little as kaep has with his WRs...you can't. The whiner front office thought they'd help their offense by bringing in a great WR corps, but Kaep only looks at one of them per play. Kaep has a strong arm, but when touch is needed the pass isn't getting there accurately if it gets there at all. Like a bull in a china shop. Kaep isn't elusive, he's just fast. I'm sure he'll get yards running, but passing and handing it off will not be enough.

I'm predicting a Seahawk win and I AM counting "One Read and Run" Kaep out.

Attachments

• securedownload.png
    securedownload.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 1,006
OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
I had noticed that SF has been playing the worst football in the division this week. 49er fans thought that AZ was horrible. But I think tonight showed how much more of a complete team AZ is. We played a competitive game and in Seattle at that. SF didn't even compete at home. They clearly are the current bottom feeder in the division. Seattle however is clearly playing the best ball right now and honestly I'm in fear that they could win the division. If we had Palmer I'd think it's be us. That is the one loss we couldn't afford.

drdiags

Reaction score
I remember last year, after the Seahawks beat the Saints thinking they would waltz into the playoffs with no way anyone in the division catches them. Next thing you know the 9ers had a serious opportunity to take the division title late. I can relate to how you are feeling Ringless. The Seahawks offense came to a halt late and had folks wondering about Wilson late.

I get the feeling that the Cardinals hold on for the division title. Whomever won tonight was going to look strong to challenge the Cards but all you have to do is win against the Falcons to keep a 2-game lead.

Things are still fluid as a loss to the Eagles and the 9ers win against the Raiders and they are tied at 8-5 with the chance for the Cards to be 11-2 with 3 to go. I would just worry about the Cards and not worry about the others until someone is 1 game back with a couple to go.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Kap4president":2rwcy3em said:

Man, that Colon Crapondick has a nice, pinpoint delivery from the pocket when throwing to Sherman. Him and his 36.7 rating. That D was really something too, holding Wilson to a pedestrian 118.8 rating. Why, that's just barely more than 36.7. Just like 236 yards passing is barely any more than 121. Yup, don't count out Kap or the ninners D. At least Kap was able to throw more INTs than Russel did TDs. :mrgreen: :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs: