Golden Tate-Statline

jake206

Reaction score
8 catches for 89 yards. Must be nice playing next to Megatron.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Did u check his stats, while Megatron was out? Check them out ...
Tate can catch ... no doubt. Our WRs are under-utilized. There is no doubt about it.
I'm jealous of Philly offense.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I miss Tate returning punts as much as I do receiving passes. He's a playmaker, he was here and he is there.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
If he in fact did jook dub's wiz, then I hope he made her make the 'draft day call' face for the entite night.
And also, I hope his toes curled like the wicked with of the west when the house fell on her.
Cuz, again, if true, I hope those 2 losers had the absolute BEST rumble in history so it can, in my mind, help justify us losing him.
Ashton"I miss heem, like, sooooo much, I mean, gawd! :cry:/Ashton

ivotuk

Reaction score
Good for him. He's on a team where he can get those kind of stats. It's weird that they don't use him to return punts.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Thats just the thing he is on a team that has a pass happy offense with a great WR ..A QB that has a great arm but baby hands and sometimes plays stupid..They do not balance their attack or cannot so it's easy for Tate to get his yards..He wasn't worth the $$ here and Percy too...Look how we are doing- we win doing what works best..Running and defense ..No complex bs involved..We are doing it without quite a few people we had ..So let the former players go..I miss none of them anymore..

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Just because he would not get 1500 yards here, which he is on track for in Detroit, doesn't mean he wouldn't be worth what Detroit is paying him. People talk like he'd be invisible here. The dude had 900 receiving yards last season, multiple game breaking returns, and almost single handedly won us both Rams games.

He would easily be worth the modest deal that Detroit gave him. I have no doubt Seattle would've given it to him if not for the Percy debacle.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1yzcmeqf said:
Just because he would not get 1500 yards here, which he is on track for in Detroit, doesn't mean he wouldn't be worth what Detroit is paying him. People talk like he'd be invisible here. The dude had 900 receiving yards last season, multiple game breaking returns, and almost single handedly won us both Rams games.

He would easily be worth the modest deal that Detroit gave him. I have no doubt Seattle would've given it to him if not for the Percy debacle.
I have no doubt that our offense would look far better with Golden Tate here. He's undoubtedly a game breaking receiver. You can get him in space with little smoke screens and swing passes, or you can have him take the top off defenses with his speed and ball skills. Despite being only 5'11 he played like a much larger receiver. He was great at boxing out defenders and high pointing the ball. The Seahawks currently do not have anyone who can do that at the receiver position.

Kearly called it when he said Golden Tate would look like a star if he left the Seahawks. He's everything that we hoped Percy Harvin would be, it doesn't even matter if Calvin Johnson is playing, he's been dominating either way. Just because he wouldn't have 1500 yards doesn't mean that he would be "invisible". He would significantly upgrade our punt and kick returning game, and he would add the jump ball element to the Seahawks. Tate would also bring the added benefit of allowing Baldwin to go back to his natural position at Z receiver (Baldwin is one of the best slot receivers in the NFL, think Stockley and Ingram -- right now he is matched up against the opposing teams best cornerback for most of the game, he belongs on the inside where he can take advantage of his natural burst, and route running capabilities).

IndyHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1r8ggoch said:

You are probaly right..The Percy$$ did hurt in that aspect of resigning him..All of us had nothing to do with that ,I know it sucks but we have what we got..The rookies are going to get better or we can draft a great wr..

Brahn

Reaction score
Lions with Tate 8-4
Seahawks without Tate 8-4

All he has proven is he can be on a team with the same record as the Hawks, stats mean little. Wins mean everything.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Brahn":2p9gm2po said:
Lions with Tate 8-4
Seahawks without Tate 8-4

All he has proven is he can be on a team with the same record as the Hawks, stats mean little. Wins mean everything.
This is a very shallow analysis. The fact is Tate has proven that he is a hell of a player, and a game breaker. Wins have little to do with how a singular player is performing, especially a wide out.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hgwellz12":cx69dyr6 said:
If he in fact did jook dub's wiz, then I hope he made her make the 'draft day call' face for the entite night.
And also, I hope his toes curled like the wicked with of the west when the house fell on her.
Cuz, again, if true, I hope those 2 losers had the absolute BEST rumble in history so it can, in my mind, help justify us losing him.
Ashton"I miss heem, like, sooooo much, I mean, gawd! :cry:/Ashton

This is exactly how Shakespeare would have written it.

*tips cap to HG*