In These league Desperation breeds success (AZ Cardinals)

blazen2392

Reaction score
I see 2 situations that are going to come from Arizona's recent woes.

1) They continue to implode
2) This is going to be their last and final loss for the remainder of their schedule.

In my opinion I don't see the 1st scenario as likely. BA is one hell of a coach and even while i still think Drew Stanton is a god aweful quarterback, I'm still leaning on them winning this division, as well as the Hawks not being able to beat them there. 49ers in my opinion are done in this fight. I don't think they have any chance of recovering from every injury they have suffered. The hawks left a bigger injury on them in that last match up than anything they have experience this season. It was an emotional and mental injury that they will not be able to recover from this season. Arizona on the other hand is not down for the count. If i've learned anything from Betting in the NFL I think we are going to see a much different team coming in these next two games.

But Goddamn I hope I'm wrong.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
blazen2392":3m3saeo2 said:

2) This is going to be their last and final loss for the remainder of their schedule.

In my opinion I don't see the 1st scenario as likely. BA is one hell of a coach and even while i still think Drew Stanton is a god aweful quarterback, I'm still leaning on them winning this division, as well as the Hawks not being able to beat them there. 49ers in my opinion are done in this fight. I don't think they have any chance of recovering from every injury they have suffered. The hawks left a bigger injury on them in that last match up than anything they have experience this season. It was an emotional and mental injury that they will not be able to recover from this season. Arizona on the other hand is not down for the count. If i've learned anything from Betting in the NFL I think we are going to see a much different team coming in these next two games.

Riddle me this? What made them 50 points better suddenly? Drew Stanton? Larry Fitzgerald? The defense that is mostly on suspension? Bruce Arians? What or Which?

drdiags

Reaction score
Who knows how things shake out. The Rams can be big-time spoilers for the Seahawks and Cards. They already messed up the order of things for the 9ers. I think most feel the Cards will go option 1.

Cards play KC, @Rams, Seahawks and @9ers.
9ers play @Raiders, @Seahawks, Chargers, Cardinals
Rams play @Washington, Cards, NY Giants, @Seattle
Seahawks @Eagles, 9ers, @Cards, Rams

9ers and Rams should be favored next week.

Seahawks are underdogs and Cards are a toss-up, since Charles shouldn't put up 160+ yds on them in Arizona. The Cards should win but KC is good defensively and right now seem to be a better offense than the Cards.

Next two weeks will clear up some of the picture or make it murkier.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
drdiags":jme6jq0c said:
Who knows how things shake out. The Rams can be big-time spoilers for the Seahawks and Cards. They already messed up the order of things for the 9ers. I think most feel the Cards will go option 1.

Cards play KC, @Rams, Seahawks and @9ers.
9ers play @Raiders, @Seahawks, Chargers, Cardinals
Rams play @Washington, Cards, NY Giants, @Seattle
Seahawks @Eagles, 9ers, @Cards, Rams

9ers and Rams should be favored next week.

Seahawks are underdogs and Cards are a toss-up, since Charles shouldn't put up 160+ yds on them in Arizona. The Cards should win but KC is good defensively and right now seem to be a better offense than the Cards.

Next two weeks will clear up some of the picture or make it murkier.
Or we could win and Arizona lose like it should be given the actual matchups but I'm just a woman and stupid I guess. The Rams? Of course they should win next week, their issue is winning after that. I assume they will win 2 other games once they're done playing the dregs of the NFCE but what do I know?

drdiags

Reaction score
Not sure I understand the response Mizzou. When did you being a woman stop you from having your usual hard-headed opinions? (smile)

mikeak

Reaction score
I don't see Stanton having any success against St Louis. They were talking on the radio about how Atlanta looked like a great defense against Arizona. I thought the same when Hawks crushed them. Kept wondering how much was Seahawks and how much was Arizona. Open receivers missed turning completions into INTs

The worst thing for a career backup is having to start. You get much richer if you keep riding the bench....

AZ will lose out IMHO. Maybe they win one because of their D. It would probably be against 49ers then

49ers should go 2-2
We are one ahead of 49ers so as long as we beat Arz and 49ers then we win the division....

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
drdiags":33uav0tr said:
Not sure I understand the response Mizzou. When did you being a woman stop you from having your usual hard-headed opinions? (smile)
Never but I've been listening to Gwen Stefani and No Doubt lately.:)

drdiags

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":175tz9sv said:
drdiags":175tz9sv said:
Never but I've been listening to Gwen Stefani and No Doubt lately.:)

Melancholy from the Holiday season I see. BTW, my original response was to the OP so when you quoted it, I figure you where thinking I was disparaging your prior comment. Not the case, thus the confusion. :thirishdrinkers:

rideaducati

Reaction score
I see neither of the proposed situations for AZ. They are surely not going to lose all of their remaining games, but they have a better chance of that than they do of winning their remaining games. I think they go 2-2 losing to the lambs and Seahawks.

RedAlice

Reaction score
mikeak":3gdpup0i said:
I don't see Stanton having any success against St Louis. They were talking on the radio about how Atlanta looked like a great defense against Arizona. I thought the same when Hawks crushed them. Kept wondering how much was Seahawks and how much was Arizona. Open receivers missed turning completions into INTs

The worst thing for a career backup is having to start. You get much richer if you keep riding the bench....

AZ will lose out IMHO. Maybe they win one because of their D. It would probably be against 49ers then

49ers should go 2-2
We are one ahead of 49ers so as long as we beat Arz and 49ers then we win the division....

The Cards game in AZ is one of the Rams games where the score does not represent the game accurately. And we played the first part v Palmer. It was a close game until the end when Rams collapsed ( repeat story of the year).

Can never say never w this 2014 Rams team, but Cards will have to work hard and have some luck to win in St. Louis.

RedAlice

Reaction score
As I wrote that post, just realized - Hawks are the only NFC W team whose starting QB has not been taken out by the Rams.

OP
OP
B

blazen2392

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3hi5lbkk said:
blazen2392":3hi5lbkk said:

Riddle me this? What made them 50 points better suddenly? Drew Stanton? Larry Fitzgerald? The defense that is mostly on suspension? Bruce Arians? What or Which?

In addition to recovering from injuries (Fitz and Ellington), pure desperation. They aren't done and they can still salvage their playoff run. To me Stanton is their only problem, and I think if BA doesn't ask him to do to much, ie not force plays and turn the ball over. They can ride their defense out of this division.

RedAlice

Reaction score
If AZ gets back a healthy Fitz and a healthy Ellington - they can finish it out. Even with this, they are down a QB and many D players. This is an accomplishment, but Arians and the team can do it and make the play-offs.

Without Fitz and Ellington, well, no team can play w no starters at all. We saw that today v Atlanta.

No team has done more with less than AZ this year. They do need some "more" back to finish out the hard part of their schedule.

Largent80

Reaction score
RedAlice":2jl9enij said:
As I wrote that post, just realized - Hawks are the only NFC W team whose starting QB has not been taken out by the Rams.

ARRRrrrrrrrrr. Do NOT say that.

We owe you one for that trickery game.