Well, now we know its true

Cartire

Reaction score
http://deadspin.com/golden-tates-girlfr ... 1666700789

If something is just a rumor with no merit, you dont give it the time of day.

If you claim you're going to sue someone for bringing it up, you smear guilt all over yourself.

I laughed at this comment:

"Oh yeah, baby, that's all lies. I'm suing that blogger for slander. Got my lawyers on it right now."

-Golden Tate when his girlfriend asked him about the rumors

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":33piph3j said:
So the corollary is that anyone suing someone for slander or libel is guilty?

Good ole Roland.

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ho9jjb32 said:
So the corollary is that anyone suing someone for slander or libel is guilty?

You once told me anyone that brings up race is racist, right? You said I was racist for stating race played a part in perception's of TJack.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't follow this logic. All parties vehemently deny rumor, Tate puts his money where his mouth is and sues the source of the rumor (some crap blog) for slander, so now it must be true? What?

If he said and did nothing, then people proclaim it's true because he hasn't said anything. If he denies it, then he's trying too hard. The dude can't win.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
Man, you guys dont get out enough, thats for sure.

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, it's easy enough to say you're going to sue...totally different to actually sue. If he actually begins a lawsuit, I'll eat my words. Until then, I'll trust my two sources on this (both affiliated with the team).

pmedic920

Reaction score
DavidSeven":n0ol5ksg said:
I don't follow this logic. All parties vehemently deny rumor, Tate puts his money where his mouth is and sues the source of the rumor (some crap blog) for slander, so now it must be true? What?

If he said and did nothing, then people proclaim it's true because he hasn't said anything. If he denies it, then he's trying too hard. The dude can't win.

Why do you have to say something logical just when Ro and Pe are about to go toe to toe.
:{)

pehawk

Reaction score
I like how now the rumor was made up by a blogger. Um, no. No it wasn't.

Even if I didn't have direct knowledge, looking at the circumstantial actions of all this would cause me to at least consider it. But, i don't buy what Fox News, CNN, MSNBC feed me either.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't follow the logic but then again I don't think its true. I could be completely wrong. Like Davidseven said he can't win either way. Pehawk can you share details of what you've heard? You probably already did and I missed it so if you don't want to rehash it I get it.

Isn't Tate still with his girlfriend at the time?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Russell doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would get a divorce over nothing...something bad happened. Personally, I think it had to do with Russell not spending enough time with his wife. Bad things tend to happen when a woman isn't tended to.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
You know that truth is an absolute defense to libel, right? By filing a lawsuit, he would potentially be subjecting this incident to the discovery process, including declarations and depositions with knowingly false statements subject to penalty of perjury. Reasonably intelligent people don't tend to do this if they have something to hide.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pehawk":1bl2nxsn said:
You once told me anyone that brings up race is racist, right? You said I was racist for stating race played a part in perception's of TJack.
Uh, no. I have never said that someone who brings up race is racist. Ever.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3uqkc9zr said:
You know that truth is an absolute defense to libel, right? By filing a lawsuit, he would potentially be subjecting this incident to the discovery process, including declarations and depositions with knowingly false statements subject to penalty of perjury. Reasonably intelligent people don't tend to do this if they have something to hide.

Ohhhhhh. I see where everyone's confusion is coming from . You think he's actually going to sue.

Yeah. No. This is an empty threat.

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13ljh7qt said:
pehawk":13ljh7qt said:
Uh, no. I have never said that someone who brings up race is racist. Ever.

Yes you did, in a post where I asked if people's judgement of TJACK! was related to race. You said it was racist for me to bring it up. And more times than not someone who brings up race, is the racist. To which I replied "Yes, I am racist, now answer the question".

Your memory is bad, sweetie. But, I know mine's freaky so maybe it's an unfair comparison.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
The problem with Tate's claim is that only a true moron would believe a rumor this stupid and outlandish.