Mike Singletary rumored as head coach candidate

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Cannot play with him! Cannot win with him!

sturg78

Reaction score
I actually liked the niners when singletary was coach. Obviously they were harmless then but he had their players playing with heart and he took one game to fix Davis's attitude problem. Also, if your balls are big enough to be used as an example of how men should act in a football game, that is fable material.

HawkWow

Reaction score
His first move should be trading Kap for Smith. I'm serious. What the 9ers need is a "game manager". They have the weapons, they need someone that can find them. Andy would be most likely to maximize Kap's talents. Possibly turning him into a slightly dumber (but not by much) Donavan McNabb. McNabb clearly the more rounded QB, but you can't deny there are traits shared by both he and Kap. I think it would be a good trade even though good trades are far and few between.

rideaducati

Reaction score
HawkWow":22vzvvan said:
His first move should be trading Kap for Smith. I'm serious. What the 9ers need is a "game manager". They have the weapons, they need someone that can find them. Andy would be most likely to maximize Kap's talents. Possibly turning him into a slightly dumber (but not by much) Donavan McNabb. McNabb clearly the more rounded QB, but you can't deny there are traits shared by both he and Kap. I think it would be a good trade even though good trades are far and few between.

All those "weapons" in Santa Clara were good a decade ago...now, not so much. Most of them will be out of the league within two years.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Mike was the person who built that team. He developed, trained, and shaped that team and right when they were ready to battle, the douchebag Harbaugh came and took credit for all the success the 49ers had in last 3-4 years. Its like having another coach coming in and taking over Petes 2011 team, where all the pieces where set and ready to explode.

Maulbert

Reaction score
3vKJqc7.gif

rideaducati

Reaction score
northseahawk":2fxutfx8 said:
Mike was the person who built that team. He developed, trained, and shaped that team and right when they were ready to battle, the douchebag Harbaugh came and took credit for all the success the 49ers had in last 3-4 years. Its like having another coach coming in and taking over Petes 2011 team, where all the pieces where set and ready to explode.

The reason Sing didn't win was because the niners went through offensive coordinators like they thought more was better. Six offensive coordinators in six years and they wonder why their offense sucked.

CANHawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":249w3mrp said:
. Tony Dungy circa 2002 totally agrees with you.

HawkWow

Reaction score
rideaducati":1ep8g32s said:
HawkWow":1ep8g32s said:

All those "weapons" in Santa Clara were good a decade ago...now, not so much. Most of them will be out of the league within two years.

I believe my point still stands. They are a team that would do better with Smith than Kaepernick at QB. And Reid may be able to get more out of Kaepernick than Harbaugh has. Actually, getting more out of Kaep is easy stuff. But you have to expose him in the process. That's where it gets dicey in the minds of the SF FO. I don't see it that way. They think they are being wise in keeping Kaep behind the LOS?

IF losing is their objective, their plan to make Kaep something he's not, while 'protecting' him, is working well. Why worry so much about protecting a QB that hasn't even thrown a 4th qtr TD this year (in all those losses)? Kaep is a VERY smart runner (and no...I won't move to SF for saying so) Kaep seldom takes hits while running and when he runs, he can win football games. Harbaugh keeps saying he's not worried about his own future. I'm sure he's not. He probably wants to be away from that FO as badly as they want him gone. It's a mess that seems to be getting messier.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I actually doubt Singletary would get the hire but if he did, what would he do with Vern? He might like him better without the dreads, but don't think he'd be too proud of the one hit wander. As in...he got hit once by Kam and now wanders around mumbling "yeah, it was helmet to helmet. Hell man, I was there".

I have nothing against Vernon Davis. He's not our problem. But he sure as hell doesn't remind one of the 85 Bears and you have to think that is what Mike will always look to replicate. Vern is so soft he makes finesse look macho.