Packers/Falcons Tonight

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that Seahawks fans are rooting for the Falcons tonight. It's a long shot for them to win, but it would make things a whole lot more interesting if they did.

An interesting little stat about how tight the top of the NFC is right now. I heard this on NFL Network, and haven't tried to confirm it, but according to these guys, if the Packers lose to the Falcons tonight, and the season ended, tiebreakers would have them dropping from the #1 seed all the way out of the playoffs.

pehawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2biqh91z said:
I think it's safe to say that Seahawks fans are rooting for the Falcons tonight. It's a long shot for them to win, but it would make things a whole lot more interesting if they did.

An interesting little stat about how tight the top of the NFC is right now. I heard this on NFL Network, and haven't tried to confirm it, but according to these guys, if the Packers lose to the Falcons tonight, and the season ended, tiebreakers would have them dropping from the #1 seed all the way out of the playoffs.

Wasn't it this time last year when the Falcon's lost to the 49ers on MNF, on a Ryan pick 6? I'm holding out hope for a miracle.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3ex2xn2w said:
kidhawk":3ex2xn2w said:

Wasn't it this time last year when the Falcon's lost to the 49ers on MNF, on a Ryan pick 6? I'm holding out hope for a miracle.

Falcons lost to the Niners during week 16 last year. Falcons actually played Green Bay last year during this same week (14) and lost 22-21. Of course as we all remember, that was when Rodgers was injured and the future hall of famer Matt Flynn was running the show

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Little appreciated fact, but with the win yesterday the Cards assumed the #1 seed in the NFC at 10-3 over the Packers at 9-3.

Even with a win tonight, Green Bay would remain the #2 seed due to a conference record of 6-3 (7-3 with win tonight) compared to the Cardinals conference record of 7-2.

A Green Bay loss drops them to the 6 seed with Detroit taking over the 2 seed.

So the only changes to the current seeding would be between Detroit and Green Bay for 2 vs 5.

- bsd

Hollywood_N_Vine

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1nhqzhe7 said:
Little appreciated fact, but with the win yesterday the Cards assumed the #1 seed in the NFC at 10-3 over the Packers at 9-3.

Even with a win tonight, Green Bay would remain the #2 seed due to a conference record of 6-3 (7-3 with win tonight) compared to the Cardinals conference record of 7-2.

So the only changes to the current seeding would be between Detroit and Green Bay for 2 vs 5.

- bsd

This is true...but a Green Bay lost would assure Seattle of having its destiny in its own hands for HFA throughout the playoffs...I think.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Current Standings

Should Green Bay and Arizona win out Arizona will remain the #1 seed and could conceivably host both the NFCCG and the Super Bowl.

If that happened and we beat SF and St. Louis and the Cowboys, Lions, and Eagles win all of their games except for the Lions losing to the Packers, then the playoff picture would look like this

#1 - AZ
#2 - GB
#3 - Winner of Cowboys/ Eagles next week
#4 - Atlanta (presumably)
#5 - Detroit
#6 - Seattle

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":322ptl7e said:

- bsd

This is why I put the disclaimer in. After so many years of watching the "experts" be wrong in analyzing playoff scenarios, I've realized that just because they say it doesn't make it so.

No matter what happens today though, there is a strong possibility that the Packers/Lions game in week 17 could be HUGE

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Hollywood_N_Vine":2w8oh53v said:
This is true...but a Green Bay lost would assure Seattle of having its destiny in its own hands for HFA throughout the playoffs...I think.

Yes, a Green Bay Loss pretty much puts the NFCW in the driver's seat for the 1 seed. It would require 2 losses by the Cards and a loss by us to launch GB back into the 1 spot

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Any chance Atlanta win a shoot out? I need Rogers to get 20 points for a win in fantasy.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Maulbert":3ni92m9u said:
Falcons did us one favor. I won't ask for more, but I'd love you if you can help us again.

Pretty much agreed. Let's go Falcons! The NFC South is your chance to win it.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Let's go Falcons!

Pretty sure GB will romp but it doesn't matter. GB will end up like the rest of the high-powered offenses against the Hawks. They will get about 10 first downs and 14 points. Meanwhile they cant stop the run…....

Maulbert

Reaction score
For a while back in the late '90s, the Falcons were my second favorite team after Everett native Chris Chandler led them to a Super Bowl. I also was rooting for Eugene Robinson (before he **** the bed a couple nights before the game.) Vick kind of turned me off to the Falcons, but I can still root for them once in awhile.

Cartire

Reaction score
Well, if this first drive by green bay is any indication, we can go ahead an look to Buffalo next week for the help.