Here it is again

rlkats

Reaction score
With the season dwindling down faster that a spiraling toilet. The Niners visit the same team that crushed them in the NFC championship. Here is my prediction.

Hawks win (can not be a shock to anyone)
Roman is fired
Harbaugh will resign
And the Hawks again will be the last blow to the franchise

Oh god i can see it all now lol. Those of you that live near SC keep your head down its gonna get crazy. Lol.

Anyways here is to the last 3 games. And major changes on its way.

Also here is to another NFCW superbowl win.

sutz

Reaction score
I see you're being a bit philosophical about it all. Good for you.

:th2thumbs:

(Yeah, yeah, I know our time will come some day....again)

:229031_shrug:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
sutz":3k53q5x2 said:

He's showing a lot more class about it then I would be able to in all likelyhood if our positions were reversed. :th2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3elut5ym said:
sutz":3elut5ym said:

He's showing a lot more class about it then I would be able to in all likelyhood if our positions were reversed. :th2thumbs:
I know. It's all good. Might as well enjoy poking the opposing fans while we get the chance. Lord knows the Niners fans have done much worse, present company excepted (though I know he'd do it too if he could).
;)

NINEster

Reaction score
Here's what I don't get at this point....

Why NOW would there be such a big deal made about how the 49ers finish their season? Seattle can win this game 59-0 and it wouldn't change anything IMO.

If the 49ers were to pull off the win, should Harbaugh be coach of the year for doing something he could never do with Kaepernick in Seattle? Lose is just status quo.....score means nothing, IMO.

Their 19-3 loss against the Hawks was IMO the worst loss the Harbaugh 49ers might have endured from a team sentiment point of view (worse than 42-13, 26-3 to the Giants, 16-6 Ravens Thanksgiving, SB 47). Niner fans were concerned going into that game with the lackluster offense and the Seahawks defense apparently back to form -- but last year, despite a dogfight they beat the Hawks at home (as they have every year since 2009).

So to see the Niners get completely stymied in a Nolan/Singletary way, it was terrible. But after you got over it, you realized the bigger picture for the 2014 season -- lost year, time to fix things.

And losing to the 1 win Raiders further cemented it.

Now, the only thing that could be interesting about this weekend is that the players might fight not for their coach but their own pride. Nobody likes to be embarrassed in this league, and even the worst teams bounce back and make games against top teams far more interesting than the spread might have indicated.

So anywhere between a 49er win or big loss would not be entirely shocking to me.

This is going to be one of those 49er games in quite a long time where you just want to see good football but won't be pissed about a bad outcome. It sucks to be in this boat but it's not permanent.

chris98251

Reaction score
This really is a trap game for the Seahawks, knowing the 49ers lost to the Raider, who have a lousy record but are just on the wrong side of the knifes edge so to speak, they have been in a lot of games till the end. A lot like Arizona last year, just had less bounces go their way. I really want to see us take the gloves off and go for the throat more or less, the jawwing between players should keep the intensity up and it is still a division game.

shawnsim

Reaction score
chris98251":je2dn8mb said:
This really is a trap game for the Seahawks, knowing the 49ers lost to the Raider, who have a lousy record but are just on the wrong side of the knifes edge so to speak, they have been in a lot of games till the end. A lot like Arizona last year, just had less bounces go their way. I really want to see us take the gloves off and go for the throat more or less, the jawwing between players should keep the intensity up and it is still a division game.

True. This has trap written all over it. We are expected to win. The 9ers are finished, beaten, downtrodden and will just bend over and hand us the lubricant to grease the wheels for our super bowl repeat.

I know that after the meltdown from the Raider loss and all the questions about peoples jobs that they will play like there is nothing to lose. Because there really isn't.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rlkats":2oy0g0mv said:
With the season dwindling down faster that a spiraling toilet. The Niners visit the same team that crushed them in the NFC championship. Here is my prediction.

Hawks win (can not be a shock to anyone)
Roman is fired
Harbaugh will resign
And the Hawks again will be the last blow to the franchise

Oh god i can see it all now lol. Those of you that live near SC keep your head down its gonna get crazy. Lol.

Anyways here is to the last 3 games. And major changes on its way.

Also here is to another NFCW superbowl win.
I think the Niners are going to scrap hard in this game. I don't think they are going to win, but I think that Harbafreak goes back to 2011 and challenges the team to line em up and play that Niners/Hawks game that has fans stressing.

I think that overall most of the Niners failure can be attributed to KaeperSpaz and his inability to pass with accuracy and see his open guys. The Niners are desperate and embarrassed with one opportunity to get some form of healing if they can get the unlikely win in the Clink. They need to do something totally different because they have tried everything and have fallen short in a big way. If the Digits come out with the same ol' garbage it is over for the team before they get on the plane home.

I expect a tough game from SC this Sunday.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Trap shmap. Sackorpick turns the ball over a couple of times and we see Gabbert by the end of proceedings in another ugly onesided matchup.

Respect to the classy 9er posts but Clink is the last place that team wants to go right now. Here's hoping you're worthy opponents though!

45Hawker

Reaction score
NINEster":2iur8khs said:
Now, the only thing that could be interesting about this weekend is that the players might fight not for their coach but their own pride. Nobody likes to be embarrassed in this league, and even the worst teams bounce back and make games against top teams far more interesting than the spread might have indicated.

So anywhere between a 49er win or big loss would not be entirely shocking to me.
I agree. Look how Oakland bounced back after getting shelled by the Rams, with nothing to play for but pride against a cross-town rival. The new DVOA ratings came out, and SF has the 5th best D in the league. I can see this game being a classic dogfight based on that, the rivalry, and player pride.

It's possible that SF coaches finally try and do something different on offense, like give Hyde 20+ carries, let Kap run the ball - hoping to turn the game into a low-scoring slugfest. The last thing that coaching staff needs is 3 INT's from Kap and a blow-out loss. Losing a close, hard-fought game is a "win" for them at this point. Therefore, I expect to see a different, low-risk, offensive approach from the 49ers.

If the Hawks are leading big at half-time, maybe the SF players lay down. But I'm not as confident as many others in that the 9ers are "done".

Popeyejones

Reaction score
NINEster":19gbapr8 said:
Here's what I don't get at this point....

Why NOW would there be such a big deal made about how the 49ers finish their season? Seattle can win this game 59-0 and it wouldn't change anything IMO.

If the 49ers were to pull off the win, should Harbaugh be coach of the year for doing something he could never do with Kaepernick in Seattle? Lose is just status quo.....score means nothing, IMO.

Their 19-3 loss against the Hawks was IMO the worst loss the Harbaugh 49ers might have endured from a team sentiment point of view (worse than 42-13, 26-3 to the Giants, 16-6 Ravens Thanksgiving, SB 47). Niner fans were concerned going into that game with the lackluster offense and the Seahawks defense apparently back to form -- but last year, despite a dogfight they beat the Hawks at home (as they have every year since 2009).

So to see the Niners get completely stymied in a Nolan/Singletary way, it was terrible. But after you got over it, you realized the bigger picture for the 2014 season -- lost year, time to fix things.

And losing to the 1 win Raiders further cemented it.

Agreed with all of this.

Cut off the post at the point where you said the 9ers might win or lose big though, and disagree that it could be a trap game for the Seahawks.

The 9ers are too injured and things are too broken at this point for them to come back and do something. It's just not going to happen. Maybe they'll eek out a win in Weeks 16 or 17, but it's just not going to happen this week. Too many injuries, too much turmoil, too many people who wont' be back next year, and the Hawks are playing at home and have way too much to play for, with the 9ers having nothing to play for.