Jonny Football....

pehawk

Reaction score
NICE! Bout goddamn time.

Of course Jonny will get his mistakes unfairly scrutinized. He'll take more heat than any other rookie QB's have. But, I think he'll succeed. Perfect OC and circumstance.

Damn straight I'm excited. THe NFL's a very stuffy and antiquated league at times. Anything new, be it Chip Kelly or Jonny, genuinely gets my football nerd all a titter.

pehawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":34lholwy said:
Can't find a link yet but they just reported it on SportsCenter.

I'll link it ASAP.

Dude, we trust you. I hate the questioning of everybody if they don't have a certified letter and a watermark here. You're a horrible human being Pmedic, but a trustworthy one.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000441213/article/johnny-manziel-will-start-for-browns-vs-bengals[/urltargetblank]

DTexHawk

Reaction score
You do great PR work for someone you seem to hate so much. ;)

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
DTexHawk":3h21rsyh said:
You do great PR work for someone you seem to hate so much. ;)

I've been chomping on the bit to see him thrown to the wolves.
He very well may prove me wrong but I predict
a flop, an EPIC FLOP.
I may have to eat my words and some crow but don't count on it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":wos28y3t said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12002151/marvin-lewis-cincinnati-bengals-coach-calls-john-manziel-midget

:lol: :lol:
Hmm...methinks he may pay for that arrogance. Better for him not to say a thing then something as stupid as that.

ringless

Reaction score
I honestly can't stand the guy, and I hope he fails. The only QB with a worse attitude than Kaep is Manziel. We are talking about a guy who walked out on practices during his college years when he got yelled at. A guy who always seems to find trouble, and seems entitled. I hope he has a Ryan Leaf type career. If he had been drafted to the Cardinals I would not be able to tolerate watching the games. He's pure trash as a human being

pehawk

Reaction score
How exactly is he trash as a human being? Any domestic violence? Arrests? DUI's? I'm assuming you had it all figured out at the age of 20, you already had wisdom, but must of us aren't as enlightened and special.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":2rwe9ulh said:
How exactly is he trash as a human being? Any domestic violence? Arrests? DUI's? I'm assuming you had it all figured out at the age of 20, you already had wisdom, but must of us aren't as enlightened and special.
I definitely do not like him and I figure he will bomb but I have no evidence of actual legal issues with him.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I like Manziel a lot, he's a gamer. I don't understand how you can not like Manziel... his immense success very young? The ladies he pulls?

Sure he's cocky and brash, he's playing a freakin' game.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I don't know enough about him to say I like or dislike him....

But what I do know, he's a 22(?) year old guy, with money, fame, and likes to party.

The horror!!! ;)

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2i991ora said:

He's 22. And neither had Ryan Leaf... :stirthepot:

Personally I love players showing some real personality, It's why I follow Richard Sherman and not Russell Wilson. It seems that if you're not promoting an image that's humble and sporting 100% of the time then you're a chump. I mean at this stage all he's done is relatively harmless fun, no? Has he hurt anybody?

With this said, he could lose those money signs, it was great when it bit him in the butt against Buffalo. That was a quick lesson in humility. It's no worse than Cam Newton's stupid freakin 'Superman' celebration though, that's just dumb, at least Johnny's is half in jest, at least I think it is.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I figure he starts hot and maybe strings together a couple of wins. He's getting to start against the perfect team, too. He's going to scramble all over this Bengals team.

Whether he continues that into next season depends on how dedicated he is to the job.

pehawk

Reaction score
IMO, he's enjoying his life and isn't going to not be young and brash, like we all got to, just because the establishment says so. There's a whole lot of hypocrisy in grown me telling 20's how they should behave.

Like Jesus said; "let he who would not get hammered and bang 20's cast the first autographed A & M helmet".

canfan

Reaction score
If Prisco hates Russell so much, I wonder what he will make of Johnny Football? Twitter may explode :snack: