TNF: Cardinals at Rams

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Big time NFC West game this Thursday. 6-7 Rams are a 4 point favorite over the 10-3 Cardinals. Lets hope Vegas is right.

If the Rams win and we beat SF this week, we could still lose to Arizona and have a decent chance at winning the division. If all of the above happened, we would have to beat STL at home in week 17, and Cardinals would have to lose on the road in week 17 to SF. I believe if Rams beat Cards, and we beat AZ we clinch the division.

Go Rams!

Laloosh

Reaction score
All of these divisional games late in the season really keeps it interesting. Go Rams!

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm my two scenarios for a Hawks division clinch? I'll sum them up here:

All scenarios for us to clinch the division include Rams beating Cards and Seattle beating SF:

1.) We lose to Arizona in week 16, Arizona loses to SF in week 17, we beat STL in week 17

2.) We beat Arizona

ringless

Reaction score
You guys beating us pretty much clinches it for you guys . That game is really the one that will decide the divisional winner. I think you guys will be in the division lead after this week. Then next week is pretty much for the division.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I would prefer that the Cardinals win one more game to make it harder for Dallas to get into the playoffs. Whether it be the Rams or the 49ers I don't care.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2xtggohx said:
why do we want AZ to win tomorrow?

Because I don't want the Cowgirls sniffing the playoffs. They have the tiebreakers over them. Three way ties benefit us. We can take care of our own destiny next week and if we don't, congrats to the Cards!!

Maulbert

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3hfo1bc1 said:
Uncle Si":3hfo1bc1 said:

Because I don't want the Cowgirls sniffing the playoffs. They have the tiebreakers over them. Three way ties benefit us. We can take care of our own destiny next week and if we don't, congrats to the Cards!!

Or the Eagles could just beat the Cowboys again. Besides, it's unlikely Seattle winds up in a 2-way tie with Dallas, and any 3-way tie breakers flow in Seattle's direction (that's the benefit of playing a tougher AFC schedule. Half our losses don't count against conference tie-breakers.)

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Maulbert":mpg7fl0m said:
seahawk12thman":mpg7fl0m said:
Uncle Si":mpg7fl0m said:

Or the Eagles could just beat the Cowboys again. Besides, it's unlikely Seattle winds up in a 2-way tie with Dallas, and any 3-way tie breakers flow in Seattle's direction (that's the benefit of playing a tougher AFC schedule. Half our losses don't count against conference tie-breakers.)

In the last 7 games teams that have played the Seahawks prior are 0-7. The Cowgirls got 10 days rest and Romo will be much healthier this time. If the Eagles win on Sunday then the Cowpukes are DOA. We need Arizona to be relevant just in case. If Arizona loses, then it is highly unlikely they can stay even with Dallas (in the event they win in Philly which I believe they have an excellent chance to do). I want to see Jerry enjoy his offseason giving blow jobs to underage girls.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3hqum0k4 said:
Uncle Si":3hqum0k4 said:

3-way ties don't benefit us if it's us, Arizona, and Dallas. The divisional tie would be resolved first, leaving us and Dallas.

What I want is Arizona to lose AND Dallas to lose while Seattle wins this week.

In fact, I'd be happy with those things happening each week from here on out.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
volsunghawk":31dxsl54 said:
seahawk12thman":31dxsl54 said:
Uncle Si":31dxsl54 said:

3-way ties don't benefit us if it's us, Arizona, and Dallas. The divisional tie would be resolved first, leaving us and Dallas.

What I want is Arizona to lose AND Dallas to lose while Seattle wins this week.

In fact, I'd be happy with those things happening each week from here on out.

Yes if Dallas wins out but if the Eagles Dallas and Cardinals all tie, Dallas goes home.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I see the Rams covering the number (-4) and winning by a TD. IF I dabbled in such (nefarious) activity, the under at 40 would look quite attractive (to me). I'm not big on parlays, but with this one, I'd probably parlay the Rams with the under (40). I've not spent much time with this game, but it looks a lot like 20-13 (to me).

CANHawk

Reaction score
Winning solves everything, and the way we're playing, it's highly unlikely we don't win out.

That said, I'd rather see the Rams drive another steak into the corpse of Arizona's season.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Another late season push for the rams giving them hope for next year when they'll open the season 2-7 again. Fisher sucks and the rams never win games when we want them to.

The Seahawks will take care of the cards on their own.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Who cares about Dallas?

dont we want the team in front of us to lose games?