Takeways from this Cardinals / Rams game

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
These are the teams the Hawks finish up the season with. Outside of the obvious that everyone talks about, Rams front 4, Cards secondary, what does everyone see? What can we exploit? What are some concerns?

One thing about the Cards, will they attack our secondary down the field the way they are going after the Rams? If they do, is there any fear of success or will our secondary eat them up?

How do you beat that Ram blitz? Spread em out and hope RW reads the open area or keep extra protection in the backfield?

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":38pigk62 said:
These are the teams the Hawks finish up the season with. Outside of the obvious that everyone talks about, Rams front 4, Cards secondary, what does everyone see? What can we exploit? What are some concerns?

One thing about the Cards, will they attack our secondary down the field the way they are going after the Rams? If they do, is there any fear of success or will our secondary eat them up?

How do you beat that Ram blitz? Spread em out and hope RW reads the open area or keep extra protection in the backfield?

Please lose Cardinals

9-3 cardinals 3rd quarter.

Boring.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Where is the St Louis team that always gives us fits?

Where are the trick plays and fake punts?

Where is the Rams team that won by a combined 76-0 the last two weeks?

FRUSTRATING.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Hawkpower":er3bgsde said:

FRUSTRATING.

Yes I agree how did the hawks lose to these guys.

taco40

Reaction score
Arizona can't score a touchdown vs. the NFL's 11th ranked defense and looks to be playing with a third or fourth stringer by the time they get to Seattle next week.

St. Louis can't score more than a beginning-of-the-game field goal through three quarters vs. the 17th ranked defense in the league.

I'm feeling pretty good about neither even scoring vs. the Hawks whose defense has looked championship level the last three weeks, including going to San Fran and kicking their offensive tails with basically one day of preparation.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":61nnynud said:
Hawkpower":61nnynud said:

FRUSTRATING.

Yes I agree how did the hawks lose to these guys.
No kidding. Both teams look bad. Biggest takeaway for me is where has the Rams freakishly terrifying D line gone? Doesnt look that good to me tonight. Maybe Arizona's O line is better than I thought?

Just do not see us losing to either or the Niners esp if Stanton is out now too. Tough luck for the Cards.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Ridiculous effort tonight from St. Louis' defense. Cards playing with their 3rd string QB for half the game and Arizona ran all over them. Just a terrible effort if I'm Fisher's team.

Cartire

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":1p7kuicg said:
Ridiculous effort tonight from St. Louis' defense. Cards playing with their 3rd string QB for half the game and Arizona ran all over them. Just a terrible effort if I'm Fisher's team.

..... :shock:

Dude, they didnt allow a TD and held them to 4 field goals (one of which was already in FG range due to a turnover). The D was stout, but tired at the end. ITs not their fault that their offense couldnt keep the ball. They went 5 straight 3 and outs at one point.

The defense was not the issue.

Now that offense, we shall feast in week 17.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Cartire":6c4du9kc said:
CHawkTailGator":6c4du9kc said:

..... :shock:

Dude, they didnt allow a TD and held them to 4 field goals (one of which was already in FG range due to a turnover). The D was stout, but tired at the end. ITs not their fault that their offense couldnt keep the ball. They went 5 straight 3 and outs at one point.

The defense was not the issue.

Now that offense, we shall feast in week 17.

Unfortunately, we will likely see a completely different Rams team week 17.

Fisher seems to have a soft spot for punking Pete. Maybe thats what tonight was all about..... 8)

BigBill1945

Reaction score
These guys are blitzing fools. Neither team is very good. Both have great offenses. Play action will work against these guys as will the draw. They over pursue. Beast mode will be the key here too. They will go all out to stop the run. I feel misdirection will also work and the tight end will be a key with both teams. I liked what AZ did with lining up in with their unbalanced line with 3 tight ends. We might try this too but add some wrinkles to it. Cannot wait till Sunday when we play the Whiners.

brettb3

Reaction score
What did I see? Two teams that don't look capable of beating the Hawks right now.

Boiler

Reaction score
Trick plays and fake punts were the reason I fell in love with the Jack Patera Hawks in the 1970s, but those teams were also always 4-12 (or 4-10, or how many ever games they played back then).

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seriously ? Lindley and Hill don't stand a chance against our Defense right now. I'll give AZ 9 points since they're playing at home, but we should own them.

The Rams ? What a joke. Fisher is seriously pissing me off. He brings out hte most creative trick plays drawn up in history against us, and craps the bed against the Cards. Seriously, it's almost like he lost this game on purpose to troll us. Pete needs to get a serious hate-on for this guy.

I honestly think if we take care of the Niners is decisive fashion this week, we're thunder stomping both of these weak ass teams. The Cards really aren't going to run against us, and LIndley or Stanton won't scare us enough to not crush the run.

evergreen

Reaction score
Face it we are what we thought we were. At this level we are still the best team. As long as we don't beat ourselves no one else will. We are that much better than SF now. Az will limp into a wildcard game, probably at 12-4 like us and Green Bay. The Lams game will be for everything just like last year. Plus we lose Harbough and maybe Fischer...

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I saw two poor teams that rely on defense but really can't score. We will kick their butts. We can keep them from scoring. I hope we can get some offense going. I hate pillow fights like tonight. I am particularly looking forward to beating the Rams on the 28th. I think we will be ready for them.

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
I know injuries are a bitch, but those offenses are pathetic. We could have 3 straight shutouts coming up. I don't see us giving up a touchdown in the next 3 games.