Carroll tells niner fans Harbaugh is a great coach...

irocdave

Reaction score
Lol niner fans. Pete Carroll sticks up for YOUR head coach in this weeks opponents SF / SC interview. We all know they don't like each other. Talk about class, if the tables were turned you could bet your ass that JH wouldn't have returned the favor. The piss poor niner fan base isn't going to acknowledge this but it happened. Pete had an opportunity to trash the niners new stadium also but took the high road.
http://www.49ers.com/video/audio/Pete-C ... 9b6dce61f0

Go to the 8:00 minute mark to hear the CLASS PC has. The stadium trashing could have started at the 7:00 minute mark.

Next time niner fans bitch about the hawks SB winning coach or team, go back and listen to these broadcasts and think to yourself if the tables were flipped would your niners coaching staff react the same way..

We all know what the answer would be.......

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
Not a video, just audio. Try the link now, just FF to the 7 minute mark. 8 minute mark is where PC shows his class. Niner fans wish their HC had the same class. Niner fans are incapable of showing this type of class, hence the hate for PC. And they wonder why hawk fans dislike them so much.....

I would bet ALOT of money this wont be posted on the cesspool of NFL fans. Marvin, I'm looking directly at you......

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
Mike Holmgren was on KJR this afternoon and was asked if PC should have extra motivation to beat the niners knowing what would happen in the aftermath. He gave a very classy answer also.

Seems like the niners "CLASS" left when Singletary got canned. They cant lose with class let alone win with it. Karma niner fans, karma.

rlkats

Reaction score
Very classy response. Its good to see someone still has professionalism and respect.

rlkats

Reaction score
Seems like the niners "CLASS" left when Singletary got canned. They cant lose with class let alone win with it. Karma niner fans, karma.[/quote]

Also maybe you should follow your teams head coaching ways.

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
I should but I'm not the HC. I lived through to many decades of what niners fans experienced in the last decade and are about to go through again. Also read way to many Hawk trashing threads / posts by arrogant, NFL ignorant niner fans the last 3 years. The majority of the niner fan base has zero empathy for teams their bandwagon jumping asses have zero knowledge of. The lack of knowledge somehow has to do with the team exposure, not the ignorance of the fan base.

True niner fans will figure this out, the majority of their fans, bandwagon fans, wont.

Karma.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Hearing this makes me think of a couple things:

(1) Respect everyone is one of Carroll's three core "beliefs" for his team. This is especially true when you're talking about an opponent. It was the reason Carroll decided to talk to Richard Sherman about his comments after the NFC Championship game, and the reason why Sherman apologized for how he expressed himself in that moment. Great competition allows you to rise to the occasion, as we have seen from this team during the most difficult stretch of this schedule.

(2) I hear something more in Carroll's tone. Given his history, I think Carroll takes it personally when he sees a potentially great, young head coach clashing with ownership. As many of you know, Carroll's first HC job was with the Jets. He served as a great DC for the Jets over four seasons, and then was hired by Leon Hess to be the HC. Carroll and Hess barely spoke after he took over the team, which had not had a winning season in six years. They started 6-5 in Carroll's first season, but then things quickly fell apart and they went on a 5-game losing streak. Carroll was called into the owner's office. Right as he sat down, Hess said to him, "In the business world, a man in your situation would resign. But I know you're not going to do that, so I'm going to have to let you go." Carroll was in his first year of a four-year contract. Without Carroll, the Jets went 3-15 the next year and 1-15 the year after that.

mollyhawk

Reaction score
At the least, Carroll's expressed sentiments toward Harbaugh were smart; as were his discussions with both Sherman and Tate. Concerning the former, regardless of his personal feelings, he is aware of his position and the results of his reactions/behavior, etc. and responsible by expressing professionalism with dignity and practicing what he has preached to the latter.

Because of the history/baggage between Carroll and Harbaugh, whether mostly true or not, for Carroll to be negative or even say nothing would have been interpreted as negative. The road he took cost him nothing and is a credit to him and the Seahawks. Personally, I am proud of him and a bit more to be a Seahawk fan.

We can do our talking on the field.

Go Hawks!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
irocdave":3mqz2nk0 said:
if the tables were turned you could bet your ass that JH wouldn't have returned the favor.

Next time niner fans bitch about the hawks SB winning coach or team, go back and listen to these broadcasts and think to yourself if the tables were flipped would your niners coaching staff react the same way..

We all know what the answer would be because it has already happened?

Harbaugh and the 9ers players were hugely complimentary of the Hawks before the Thanksgiving game. This week again Gore was talking about how awesome Bobby Wagner is.

When the media was giving the Hawks crap last year for refusing to sell tickets to people with California addresses it was Harbaugh who came to their defense and commended them for it:

"Well, it's within the rules," Harbaugh said Monday. "It's within the spirit of the rules of the National Football League. I actually respect it, what you're trying to do for your team, put them in the best possible position to win that you can. And I respect that their organization does that for their team. They do that in a lot of ways, with their team, with their fans, with their organization. So, what do I think of it? I respect it."

So, I dunno, maybe take off the Hawks glasses and it's Pete returning the favor? ;)

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Popeyejones":c78h7cuy said:
irocdave":c78h7cuy said:
if the tables were turned you could bet your ass that JH wouldn't have returned the favor.

Harbaugh and the 9ers players were hugely complimentary of the Hawks before the Thanksgiving game. This week again Gore was talking about how awesome Bobby Wagner is.

When the media was giving the Hawks crap last year for refusing to sell tickets to people with California addresses it was Harbaugh who came to their defense and commended them for it:

"Well, it's within the rules," Harbaugh said Monday. "It's within the spirit of the rules of the National Football League. I actually respect it, what you're trying to do for your team, put them in the best possible position to win that you can. And I respect that their organization does that for their team. They do that in a lot of ways, with their team, with their fans, with their organization. So, what do I think of it? I respect it."

So, I dunno, maybe take off the Hawks glasses and it's Pete returning the favor? ;)

At least we know he is beyond reproach.

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
Harbaugh was genuinely surprised by Pete's comments. Guy seems like he has been beaten down at some point in his life and that motivated him to succeed. Receiving positive comments from a peer seemed to surprise him. Kinda like the Grinch that stole Christmas...

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3nh96wyr said:
irocdave":3nh96wyr said:

I guess I missed the niners press conferences before the 14 Thanksgiving day matchup. As far as Harbuaghs comments about not selling NFCCS tickets to out of town addresses...like any tickets would be left after the season ticket holders got a chance at them. There is zero problem selling Hawk tickets in this town for regular season let alone playoffs. Why don't niner fans bitch about the Donkies, they have done this for years.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Harbaugh is a great coach, although nowhere near the level of Carroll. Both are relentless competitors. Carroll is just a little better at keeping his composure, a little better at evaluating talent, and his coaching philosophy is much more fine tuned over an extra three decades of coaching.

Harbaugh is younger than Carroll and he spent over a decade of his career as a player. He lacks Carroll's experience working with legendary coaches like Woody Hayes, Bud Grant, and Bill Walsh. Carroll has 20 more years of experience as an assistant coach than Harbaugh, in addition to eight more years of experience as a head coach. He has learned from the ups (National Championships and Super Bowls) as well as the downs (getting fired twice).

I suspect Harbaugh will continue to be limited as a coach until he gets a fresh start away from the 49ers due to his own stubbornness and the egoism of their ownership.

kearly

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3frhhcfl said:
Hearing this makes me think of a couple things:

(1) Respect everyone is one of Carroll's three core "beliefs" for his team. This is especially true when you're talking about an opponent. It was the reason Carroll decided to talk to Richard Sherman about his comments after the NFC Championship game, and the reason why Sherman apologized for how he expressed himself in that moment. Great competition allows you to rise to the occasion, as we have seen from this team during the most difficult stretch of this schedule.

(2) I hear something more in Carroll's tone. Given his history, I think Carroll takes it personally when he sees a potentially great, young head coach clashing with ownership. As many of you know, Carroll's first HC job was with the Jets. He served as a great DC for the Jets over four seasons, and then was hired by Leon Hess to be the HC. Carroll and Hess barely spoke after he took over the team, which had not had a winning season in six years. They started 6-5 in Carroll's first season, but then things quickly fell apart and they went on a 5-game losing streak. Carroll was called into the owner's office. Right as he sat down, Hess said to him, "In the business world, a man in your situation would resign. But I know you're not going to do that, so I'm going to have to let you go." Carroll was in his first year of a four-year contract. Without Carroll, the Jets went 3-15 the next year and 1-15 the year after that.

Good stuff.

BASF

Reaction score
hawknation2014":381ot1tm said:
They started 6-5 in Carroll's first season, but then things quickly fell apart and they went on a 5-game losing streak. Carroll was called into the owner's office. Right as he sat down, Hess said to him, "In the business world, a man in your situation would resign. But I know you're not going to do that, so I'm going to have to let you go." Carroll was in his first year of a four-year contract. Without Carroll, the Jets went 3-15 the next year and 1-15 the year after that.

I honestly think that had they won the last game against the one win at the time Houston Oilers he would have been given at least another year, but his defense did not look good at all against a crappy QB. The other four losses in that streak were to playoff teams and could have been excused, but making Bucky Richardson look like a real NFL QB was the last straw for management. It was assumed that his team had quit on him, and who knows if it was true, since I don't think anyone in that locker room has ever said anything different.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
irocdave":2xydbuqz said:
Popeyejones":2xydbuqz said:
irocdave":2xydbuqz said:

I guess I missed the niners press conferences before the 14 Thanksgiving day matchup. As far as Harbuaghs comments about not selling NFCCS tickets to out of town addresses...like any tickets would be left after the season ticket holders got a chance at them. There is zero problem selling Hawk tickets in this town for regular season let alone playoffs. Why don't niner fans bitch about the Donkies, they have done this for years.

This is completely unrelated to what I posted. You started the thread by arguing that Harbaugh was classless, and wouldn't have passed on an opportunity to trash the Seahawks like P.C. did.

I pointed you to Harbaugh last year complimenting the Seahawks when the national media was trashing them.

Likewise, from just a few days ago:

Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll had a lot of complimentary things to say about you, including that there’s no one he would rather play against in regards to the way you coach and the way you prepare your team. Do you feel the same way about playing the Seahawks?

“He’s a great competitor. He’s a great football coach. Been in a lot of big games. Very much look forward to playing against their team because they’re such a good football team. Always well prepared. At the highest level every time you play against them.”

What do you see in their defense? Their defense has really picked it up the last three or four games. What do you see that’s allowed them to take it to the next level defensively?

“Well, I don’t know if they went to a next level. It’s always been at the highest level defensively. Number one defense. That’s not a new level for them. Just really good. Really good. People talk about the noise, the crowd noise. That’s at the highest level as well, but it’s the team, it’s the football team that’s the highest level and the biggest challenge.”

Pete also said you had some good coaching magic and he said you’re a stud.

“[Laughter] Did he?”

That’s a lot of praise. Does your antenna go up and you want to kick him in the shin when you hear stuff like this?

“I feel the same way about him.”

He’s a stud?

“Yeah.”

hawknation2014

Reaction score
BASF":2b3a64gc said:
hawknation2014":2b3a64gc said:
They started 6-5 in Carroll's first season, but then things quickly fell apart and they went on a 5-game losing streak. Carroll was called into the owner's office. Right as he sat down, Hess said to him, "In the business world, a man in your situation would resign. But I know you're not going to do that, so I'm going to have to let you go." Carroll was in his first year of a four-year contract. Without Carroll, the Jets went 3-15 the next year and 1-15 the year after that.

I honestly think that had they won the last game against the one win at the time Houston Oilers he would have been given at least another year, but his defense did not look good at all against a crappy QB. The other four losses in that streak were to playoff teams and could have been excused, but making Bucky Richardson look like a real NFL QB was the last straw for management. It was assumed that his team had quit on him, and who knows if it was true, since I don't think anyone in that locker room has ever said anything different.

The defensive players on that team loved Carroll. Lott, Glenn, Lageman, etc. all would have run through a brick wall for him. Offensively, they were disjointed and couldn't get things going after that brutal loss to Miami in the "Fake Spike" game.

The Jets were playing at home for first place in the division, and they were up 24-21 with 20 seconds on the clock. Dan Marino runs to the line of scrimmage yelling "clock it, clock it" and signaling for the spike to stop the clock. But instead, Marino fakes the spike, drops back, and throws the game-winning TD to Mark Ingram, Sr. (the father of the Saints' talented RB). Ingram killed them that day, catching four TD passes from Marino with that last putting a dagger into the heart of that Jets' team, which went on to lose the rest of their games in gut wrenching fashion.

The rumors about Rich Kotite returning to the Jets were also not helpful. Hess reportedly made the decision to fire Carroll after the Eagles fired Kotite, who had been the Jets' OC before taking the Eagles' job. The Eagles had lost seven-straight games under Kotite. Apparently, Hess thought the team's fortunes would improve with better offensive play than he witnessed in those final dejecting games. Unfortunately for him, Kotite's 1-15 Jets proved to be even worse than the 2-14 Oilers they lost to in that final game of the '94 season.

Carroll would later borrow Dan Marino/Don Shula's fake spike trick in the legendary "Bush Push" game in 2005 while he was coaching at USC. With seven seconds left and Notre Dame ahead 31-28, Carroll can be seen signaling a spike from the sideline. Then Matt Leinart went to the line signaling the same, before faking it, and subsequently falling into the end zone with some assistance from Reggie Bush. Moral of the story is the best coaches become better from their mistakes.

[youtube]KP1idxv_kKU[/youtube]
[youtube]weu3ShNvyvE[/youtube]