For our 9er fans on this forum

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ As 9ers fans we're kinda between a rock and a hard place, because you're posting it for us, but completely objectively it was just kinda corny, not that funny, and pretty boilerplate in the slams (nothing more creative than the same stuff that gets posted here 40 times a day).

We're between a rock and a hard place though because if we say that it'll just get interpreted as sour grapes or hating, but really, if I took offense at Hawks fans saying that Kaepernick sucks or the 9ers won their Super Bowls in the 1980s and 1990s I wouldn't be posting here to begin with.

Basically if it was the same thing in reverse you'd be laughing about 9ers fans trying too hard, being obsessed with you guys, and just trotting out the same stupid things they always say. It was a lot of effort for minimal LOLs, IMO.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
It is funny, sorry. And unfortunately in my experience partly true.

Have fun Sunday night after the game regardless.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Well L80, Nobody has ever accused the whiner trolls here of having a sense of humor, they are too busy playing the role of victim as seen in the above posts. It's quite sad actually.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
As long as they are here with their excuse making whiny presence, We will be here to let them know who owns the NFCW and this site. They are HERE, but not so much in their own territory, says a lot about the fan base, and the awesomness of the Seahawks and this forum.

RationalNiner

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why fans of opposing teams view each other as alien species.

I appreciate an outsider opinion on my team and an outsider opinion is very valuable because sometimes you're so stuck in all the little details of your own team that you miss the bigger picture that only an outsider can see.

I haven't really bothered posting what I think about Seattle's future because it seems like people here would take it the wrong way.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Jeezus, can anyone even have fun anymore without someone being offended?

What a pussy assed society we live in these days.

Bunch of lazy, thin skinned, Iphone watchin ,fat assed chodes.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RationalNiner":21yx3hhb said:
I haven't really bothered posting what I think about Seattle's future because it seems like people here would take it the wrong way.

Any negative comments FROM Seattle fans are met with hysteria, I can't imagine how these forum goers would take your opinion.

Obviously things can change, but as long as Paul Allen, Pete and John keep their relationship open and healthy, then I think we'll be fine. The problem with the Niners is not the players, you guys have a ton of talent, it's the dysfunction between owner, GM and coach that crumbled that empire.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RationalNiner":261fo3jt said:
What I don't understand is why fans of opposing teams view each other as alien species.

I appreciate an outsider opinion on my team and an outsider opinion is very valuable because sometimes you're so stuck in all the little details of your own team that you miss the bigger picture that only an outsider can see.

No worries.

Its just easier for fans to assume all fans fit the caricature that is easy to argue with.

IE...5 rings. Don't think myself, Popeye, you, or many other Niner fans who FREQUENT this site have ever made the 5 ring argument...but it's an easy one to argue with and make fun of so its brought up more often by Seattle fans than Niner fans (here anyway). Do some Niner fans do it? Yup. It's hardly the norm tho.

That's not funny to them tho. What's funny is a vid by a moron who puts on a red jersey and acts like an idiot, complete with a dumb little voice. Reminds me of Jerry Lewis pretending to be Chinese in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Just a caricature of a stereotype.

That guy needs a life tho. I mean seriously...he actually spent time on that thing. Sad really.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RationalNiner":3juf33xx said:

Alien, or just inferior? It seems like fans are pretty confident (and really overconfident) that they know the ins and outs opposing fans incredibly well, it's just that they think they're all _________ [insert garden variety insults and condescension]

Agreed. It's why I only rarely read and post on 9ers forums, because the zany obsessions over mostly meaningless details are already familiar to me.

That said, on the zone I do enjoy Marv's recaps (which are really level headed and he does a good job in his analysis) and in particular johnnydel and thl's thread (which is weekly one of the best nuts and bolts football threads on the internet, and one every forum should really be jealous of).

Heh. Go for it, dude. I've carefully wandered down that road before and gotten good and pretty generous responses from the level-headed posters here.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Largent80":2cnbmdii said:
As long as they are here with their excuse making whiny presence, We will be here to let them know who owns the NFCW and this site. They are HERE, but not so much in their own territory, says a lot about the fan base, and the awesomness of the Seahawks and this forum.

We're no different IMO than the collection of Hawks fans who maintain a presence on the zone and just generally ignore the drive-by trolling that comes with the territory of choosing to post on a rival's messageboard.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":3024y702 said:
RationalNiner":3024y702 said:

No worries.

Its just easier for fans to assume all fans fit the caricature that is easy to argue with.

IE...5 rings. Don't think myself, Popeye, you, or many other Niner fans who FREQUENT this site have ever made the 5 ring argument...but it's an easy one to argue with and make fun of so its brought up more often by Seattle fans than Niner fans (here anyway). Do some Niner fans do it? Yup. It's hardly the norm tho.

That's not funny to them tho. What's funny is a vid by a moron who puts on a red jersey and acts like an idiot, complete with a dumb little voice. Reminds me of Jerry Lewis pretending to be Chinese in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Just a caricature of a stereotype.

That guy needs a life tho. I mean seriously...he actually spent time on that thing. Sad really.

thats worse than the time you spent on this post?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":1wl78m65 said:
Jeezus, can anyone even have fun anymore without someone being offended?

What a pussy assed society we live in these days.

Bunch of lazy, thin skinned, Iphone watchin ,fat assed chodes.

Who's offended?

You don't have the power to offend me. To be offended, I'd have to care what you think. You burned that a LONG time ago.

Instead, I enjoy laughing at you and your attempts to "get" me.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3s7ma10i said:
Marvin49":3s7ma10i said:
RationalNiner":3s7ma10i said:

No worries.

Yes...the likely hours it took to setup, film, edit, and post is worse than the 45 seconds it took to write that post.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ujxatz9 said:
Uncle Si":2ujxatz9 said:
Marvin49":2ujxatz9 said:
RationalNiner":2ujxatz9 said:

No worries.

Yes...the likely hours it took to setup, film, edit, and post is worse than the 45 seconds it took to write that post.

i imagine it rivals the hours you've spent on here, basically doing the same thing...

RationalNiner

Reaction score
Ok, so Seahawk fans:

I want your opinion on this. I think beast mode covers up a lot of weaknesses of that offense. You guys don't have a dominant OL and RW still hasn't developed into a highly effective pocket passer. Let's say RW really never progresses into that guy, the OL doesn't improve, and beast mode is not on the team next year? RW will also end up with a bigger contract than Kaepernick next season (with probably more guaranteed money).

Let's say beast mode is not on the team next year, the OL doesn't really improve, and RW is the same guy that can't make plays from the pocket on a consistent basis. What then?

If RW doesn't develop into a good pocket passer within the next 2 seasons, you guys will NEED to find a new QB in order to continue being a dominant team because beast mode won't be there, you still have no legitimate WR threat, and who knows if the defense will continue being as dominant as they are.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RationalNiner":vmirf771 said:
Ok, so Seahawk fans:

I want your opinion on this. I think beast mode covers up a lot of weaknesses of that offense. You guys don't have a dominant OL and RW still hasn't developed into a highly effective pocket passer. Let's say RW really never progresses into that guy, the OL doesn't improve, and beast mode is not on the team next year? RW will also end up with a bigger contract than Kaepernick next season (with probably more guaranteed money).

Let's say beast mode is not on the team next year, the OL doesn't really improve, and RW is the same guy that can't make plays from the pocket on a consistent basis.

If RW doesn't develop into a good pocket passer within the next 2 seasons, you guys will NEED to find a new QB in order to continue being a dominant team because beast mode won't be there, you still have no legitimate WR threat, and who knows if the defense will continue being as dominant as they are.

basically:

"Seahawk fans, what if you guys become the 2014 49ers?"

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3kr6q6vb said:
Marvin49":3kr6q6vb said:
Uncle Si":3kr6q6vb said:
Marvin49":3kr6q6vb said:
No worries.

i imagine it rivals the hours you've spent on here, basically doing the same thing...

Right. THATS what I'm doing. LOL.