Good Guy Percy Harvin

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Ha, why on earth are they speculating Percy to the Patriots?

I'd be surprised if there was another team out there willing to pay more for him than the Jets. And I'd also bet he follows the money, contender or not.

endzorn

Reaction score
I wouldn't either. If he's going to take a paycut then he can say no to the Jets, force his release and play for less money on a team of his choice. It would be stupid for him to just accept a paycut for that sorry team when he can play for a team he wants to play for.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Why would he give up money? It's not like they would and/or he's been a part of the team for awhile

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
endzorn":tklctrrf said:
I wouldn't either. If he's going to take a paycut then he can say no to the Jets, force his release and play for less money on a team of his choice. It would be stupid for him to just accept a paycut for that sorry team when he can play for a team he wants to play for.
Play for less money on a team of his choice? Yeah playing on the Seahawks and Vikings when they were decent sure tamed him. Percy only cares about the money, what team he "plays" for is irrelevant. I doubt he even plays much in the future, his fake injuries will again reappear when the money is in his bank account.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Didnt I just read that he won't be taking a pay cut. I don't know if pats would take the risk but it wouldn't surprise me if they did either.

endzorn

Reaction score
RunTheBall":rtjwy6nu said:
endzorn":rtjwy6nu said:
Play for less money on a team of his choice? Yeah playing on the Seahawks and Vikings when they were decent sure tamed him. Percy only cares about the money, what team he "plays" for is irrelevant. I doubt he even plays much in the future, his fake injuries will again reappear when the money is in his bank account.
What does playing for Seattle or Minnesota have to do with a business decision? Then you follow that with reinforcing my point. He's not going to get the same money on his current contract because the Jets won't pay it. All he has to do is refuse a pay cut, get released by the Jets and then pick which team he wants to play for out of the teams who bid for him. He's going to get paid less no matter where he goes so why not do it for a team he gets to choose?

I get the sour grapes, but that doesn't change the fact that refusing a paycut is a smart decision for any player in his shoes.

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
endzorn":2adt5a8o said:
RunTheBall":2adt5a8o said:
endzorn":2adt5a8o said:
What does playing for Seattle or Minnesota have to do with a business decision? Then you follow that with reinforcing my point. He's not going to get the same money on his current contract because the Jets won't pay it. All he has to do is refuse a pay cut, get released by the Jets and then pick which team he wants to play for out of the teams who bid for him. He's going to get paid less no matter where he goes so why not do it for a team he gets to choose?

I get the sour grapes, but that doesn't change the fact that refusing a paycut is a smart decision for any player in his shoes.
Bid for him? Yeah he's a REAL HOT commodity. LOL.

endzorn

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2zppev8p said:
endzorn":2zppev8p said:
RunTheBall":2zppev8p said:
endzorn":2zppev8p said:

Bid for him? Yeah he's a REAL HOT commodity. LOL.
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but that is precisely what happens in free agency.

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
endzorn":kzl7i2y0 said:
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but that is precisely what happens in free agency.
Not for this headcase.