Onside Kick from Opponents 35 in Giants Game

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why to start the 2nd half, NY's Josh Brown kicked onside from Washington's 35 (the short field direction) instead of the Giant's 35? Was there a penalty I missed, or a rule I didn't know about for onside kicks?

Thanks for filling me in.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":21y41vwv said:
Can someone tell me why to start the 2nd half, NY's Josh Brown kicked onside from Washington's 35 (the short field direction) instead of the Giant's 35? Was there a penalty I missed, or a rule I didn't know about for onside kicks?

I would guess that it had to do with Santana Moss yelling at the referees at the end of the first half and accumulating two personal could penalties and an ejection. There is your thirty yard distance right there.

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1qoxxotn said:
Ad Hawk":1qoxxotn said:

I would guess that it had to do with Santana Moss yelling at the referees at the end of the first half and accumulating two personal could penalties and an ejection. There is your thirty yard distance right there.

Thanks, Curry. I wasn't watching the game, so I didn't see those. But I also didn't know that penalties at the end of the 1st half overlapped half-time; that's good to know.

In that situation, it makes perfect sense to try the onside kick, as they have nothing to lose; and in this case, they were successful. Crazy...

Latest posts