Good game guys!

SF49r

Reaction score
Not even going to blame the refs on this one, we lost plain and simple! After seeing all the injuries pile up I honestly don't care about this loss, even if we did win there would have been too many to overcome for a playoff push and the final 2 games. I am proud the way my team played though, I think this was the toughest they have played all year long and I am glad that it wasn't a blowout. I was also impressed by Kaepernick, he finally didn't throw an interception against the Seahawks this time lol! I thought he played a decent game even though he did miss a couple of throws. Anyway guys, good game and enjoy the win! Hope you guys have bad luck in the playoffs and go Arizona! :th2thumbs:

RationalNiner

Reaction score
Could the injuries be any more lopsided when we play up in Seattle, though? They've gotten beat up there every time the last 2 years. Even our third string RB looked injured for a second. We just did not have the horses to compete after the injuries piled up. It was a hard fought game and that win did not come easy for Seattle even with them winning by 10 points, so that's something we can be proud of.

Joey13091

Reaction score
No but in all seriousness, good game.

They still fought hard to the end. They'll still be a good team next year. I hope it continues to be a rivalry in the coming years. If not, I'm gonna miss it.

chris98251

Reaction score
RationalNiner":10h7axrz said:
Could the injuries be any more lopsided when we play up in Seattle, though? They've gotten beat up there every time the last 2 years. Even our third string RB looked injured for a second. We just did not have the horses to compete after the injuries piled up. It was a hard fought game and that win did not come easy for Seattle even with them winning by 10 points, so that's something we can be proud of.

We understand injuries, but if that is your excuse have it . Your 49ers played inspired the first half and won that half, second half the Seahawks woke up and took them to task.

The 49ers played with heart and never quit, have to respect that.

OP
OP
S

SF49r

Reaction score
Joey13091":127ax5xz said:
SF49r":127ax5xz said:
Phone auto correct.
Im not normally a grammar nazi but the Your and You're thing is a pet peeve of mine so I just had to correct lol

RationalNiner

Reaction score
chris98251":hvvscf3y said:
We understand injuries, but if that is your excuse have it.

It's not an excuse. It's just a matter of fact. It seems like we can always expect to lose a key player or two when we play up in Seattle. Trust me, If you were a 49er fan, you would get annoyed by all the injuries we suffer up there, too.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Started to kind of feel bad, then I remembered I'm a jerk and yelled "put em in a coffin" when we got to run out the clock. I think it's a mistake to let Harbaugh go. But hey do you, booboo

chris98251

Reaction score
RationalNiner":2riptqut said:
chris98251":2riptqut said:
We understand injuries, but if that is your excuse have it.

It's not an excuse. It's just a matter of fact. It seems like we can always expect to lose a key player or two when we play up in Seattle. Trust me, If you were a 49er fan, you would get annoyed by all the injuries we suffer up there, too.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words.

We had most our line out, or MLB, our SS and 2 DB's this season, I know the 49ers were hit with a variety of personal issues as well, but waiting till now to cry injuries isn't classy or rational.

It is actually on your GM and staff for not bringing the depth you need and to let them play up and gain experience.

OP
OP
S

SF49r

Reaction score
Injuries are apart of the game, it probably would have been different if we didn't lose our 2 RB's and Chris Borland but oh well who cares game over Seahawks won.

RationalNiner

Reaction score
chris98251":y1h8bl8q said:
We had most our line out, or MLB, our SS and 2 DB's this season, I know the 49ers were hit with a variety of personal issues as well, but waiting till now to cry injuries isn't classy or rational.

Ok, you are taking what I said completely out of context and missing the actual point of what I'm saying and this might because you are so used to other 49er fans.

I knew going into it that it was a probable loss. Me talking about the injuries suffered during the game wasn't me trying to come up with excuses for why we lost. When you only score 7 points, you don't deserve to win. The point of what I was saying was that whenever we play in Seattle lately, we seem to suffer a few injuries. And it's irritating as a fan because you're not sure whether or not Seattle just is able to physically beat the hell out of our guys up there because of our guys being softer or if it's just the luck of the draw.

Let me illustrate it for you even clearer: Let's say you lost a key player or two every time you played us at our house? What would you think as fan? You might say ,"I wish they'd stop getting so damn beat up whenever they go down there to play. Screw this, toughen up!"

chris98251

Reaction score
RationalNiner":28wjwhss said:
chris98251":28wjwhss said:

Ok, you are taking what I said completely out of context and missing the actual point of what I'm saying and this might because you are so used to other 49er fans.

I knew going into it that it was a probable loss. Me talking about the injuries suffered during the game wasn't me trying to come up with excuses for why we lost. When you only score 7 points, you don't deserve to win. The point of what I was saying was that whenever we play in Seattle lately, we seem to suffer a few injuries. And it's irritating as a fan because you're not sure whether or not Seattle just is able to physically beat the hell out of our guys up there because of our guys being softer or if it's just the luck of the draw.

Let me illustrate it for you even clearer: Let's say you lost a key player or two every time you played us at our house? What would you think as fan? You might say ,"I wish they'd stop getting so damn beat up whenever they go down there to play"

We have, and it's always about next man up here, Pete makes it a point of giving our back ups playing time whenever he can just for this event.

I can see how you feel, it's a philosophy, Lou Piniella did the same thing when at the Mariners, depth was bad due to not getting quality reps during games, heck Holmgren was a lot the same way, if a starter went down we were tasked to have depth of even functional quality at some positions.

hawk45

Reaction score
Rational niner was just pointing out their dudes hit the dirt at an alarming rate when they play is and he's right. VD, bowman, all their backs today.
I got no excuse vibe whatsoever, just an accurate lament.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
SF49r":pgaho6fg said:
Not even going to blame the refs on this one, we lost plain and simple! After seeing all the injuries pile up I honestly don't care about this loss

The Faithful seemed pretty care free today. It seems like they saw what they expected and were just pleased that the Niners put up a fight without the meltdown.

It was like they showed up, in obviously lower numbers but were fairly calm. Great day for a game though. The officiating appeared to be equally crappy or not. Both teams got away with stuff and got called for lame stuff too.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2yp7396y said:
Thanks for the respectful post.

Just about every one of us agree that the flag for hitting #3 was total BS.
I'm glad it wasn't a 1 TD game.
I don't agree, and my reason for my disagreement, is (if you will recall), Kam Chancellor was penalized for his hit on VD last Year, and that was a cleaner hit, albeit a hell of a lot harder, AND was fined to boot....paybacks is a bitch.
on some 9rs players getting hurt up here?, Gore hit our Defender, and caused his own bell to get rung.
The 9rs Defense made a few of dirty plays, and only a couple of them were called, it's okay to play rough, but if you dish it out, you'd better be able to take it too.
We've had our share of injuries this Year, but thankfully Pete Carroll has been honing up the skills of our backups for just that reason.