Week 16.... Will the NFC find it's #1 seed?

ringless

Reaction score
As things stand:
AZ 11-3
SEA 10-4
SF 7-7
STL 6-8

What a great division we have, I have to say I appreciate a good defense more than a good offense. This week the Arizona Cardinals will be hosting the Seattle Seahawks in a game that could result in the Division winner, and the #1 seed being locked up in the NFC.

I've predicted that the Cardinals lose a lot of games this year and they keep proving me wrong, this is another game that I think we lose but hopefully I'm wrong again. I like our Defense against your offense. When we played in Seattle the Hawks average starting position was the Seattle 46 yd line, all of those possessions starting that close and it still only amounted to 19 points. Our kicker averaged 37 yds a punt which was a horrible performance... This time we play at home, where we have not lost in over a year, and have a strong HFA. However, we are in a worse situation injury wise. Much worse. We are now down to our 4th string QB who in his 3 year career has amassed an inviting treat for the Seahawks Defense compiling a total of 0 Td's and 7 Interceptions in his career. A 51.4 completion rating, and a 46.8 QBR from 2012-2014. The Cardinals are featuring a 4th and 5th string RB tandem that seems to finally have ignited some life into the running game. A lot of that could also be the result of our first round pick from 2013 Cooper finally getting some playing time at LG. We are a much better home team, and I feel the game in Seattle was much closer than the score. However, I hate to use the injury excuse but I think Lindley does not have the ability to lead this team, know the playbook, and have the chemistry needed after only being on the team a month to lead us to a victory. Obviously our Defense can hold you guys to under 20 points which of course they will be trying to do for the 13th time in 15 games this season. Do I think we can put up 20 on Seattle? No I don't. Maybe 16-17 at the high end unless we have a special teams TD or defensive TD.

The 49ers will host the Chargers. The Chargers will be fighting for a playoff spot, while SF plays one of its last two games in the Harbaugh era with nothing on the line, and a weak HFA.

Rams will host the Giants, in a game I would expect the Rams to win, and I hope they do!

But we all know there is only 1 game that matters this week, and it's between the Cardinals and Seahawks.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Well said....may there be a great game and few if any injuries. Go Hawks. I am at this game too.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Stick around @ringless. I wish your squad NOTHING but misery as we take our final knee, and I hope your pudgy coach swallows his beret in the middle of his inevitable show of disrespect to the 'KANGS' during his post game presser at the loser's podium. Matter of fact, I hope he trips on live television on his way to the podium (seeing old folks and kids over 4 yrs old falling is my biggest guilty pleasures). As well, I impatiently await Sherm's spirit crushing darts in reply to whatever PP can muster up to 'Say about the BEST'. Finally, after the boys in blue knock the tweety birds off their perch, I want the WORLD to sing "SEAAAHAWKS,SEAAAHAWKS!" in unison.
But like I said,stick around, you're one of my favorite 'enemy' posters on dotnetters!
:lol:
Good luck Sunday night, you're gonna need buckets of it.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Good post. I agree with a lot of it, but the 20 points thing has me a bit skeptical. We've scored more than that many against you guys several times. Should easily have done that last game. And if we trade those frustrating field goals for touchdowns, we would have. Honestly I don't know what to expect from this game. I think I expect a low-scoring affair where we pull away finally in the end, but it wouldn't surprise me to explode suddenly on offense either.

In any case, here's to a good game, and injury free on both sides.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
You do realize we kneeled down at the end when we could have punched it in? That game in Seattle was not as close as the score showed.

drdiags

Reaction score
I expect the Rams to beat the NYG but their momentum was halted last week against the Cards. So now I am not sure what to expect.

9ers vs Chargers. Give this to the 9ers. Phillip Rivers sounds to have some issues with his ACL, but they are still in the playoff hunt. So the Chargers are willing but I am not sure if Rivers can pull off another one of those games like he did against NE in the playoffs with a bum leg.

Seattle vs Cards. The majority of the talking heads and Vegas are siding with the Seahawks. The odds seem to be in their favor. I will feel a sense of relief though come Monday morning if it goes as planned. Seems all the division's defenses give the Seahawks problems scoring and this year it has been more than divisional foes. This game could be like the Charlie Whitehurst game against Sam Bradford for the division. I just don't see a lot of offense. Hope the STs don't gift any scores or Wilson turns over the ball after getting pummeled due to reluctance to let it rip or unblocked blitzers.

Who knows, maybe it turns into a shoot-out since many think it will be a low-scoring slobber-knocker.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If there's one coach who can coax a couple of performances out of Ryan Lindley -- it's Bruce Arians.

This is going to be a tougher game than a lot of people realize.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":ti1svvid said:
If there's one coach who can coax a couple of performances out of Ryan Lindley -- it's Bruce Arians.

This is going to be a tougher game than a lot of people realize.

It's such an odd game to figure, if Arians stays true to his sling it mentality they are screwed. Watching what they did at the end, with Lindley, vs the Rams, they did very well with size up front going off tackle. I can see why Bruce would make that the base of his plan this week for sure. That and passes to tight ends.

I get a sense that if we get up by 10, the Cards have to abandon ship and hang the game on Lindley. It will be too much. With the yardage production we got last time we played them, I feel like we can climb out an early two score hole if we have to. But just barely. I certainly won't be surprised if this game comes down to a late kick.

Russ better keep his head on a swivel. Arians has them lathered up to get after the "option college" quarterback.

Largent80

Reaction score
Same old same ole...If the Hawks stop the run game it forces Lindley to throw, advantage Hawks, I don't care what Arians does, he isn't throwing the ball.

I also know that Russell Wilson can tire a defense out with his legs, even being sacked 7 times.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Those saying Arizona won't throw -- I disagree. I think Arians will feel like the only shot he's got is to pull off a handful of big plays. They're not going to consistently drive the ball against Seattle. So I bet he comes out taking shots downfield. Go deep or die trying.

Think about the alternative -- play conservative and not run the ball. Then be forced to put the game on Lindley. He'll use his two big wide outs and Brown to try and make 3-4 chunk plays for position and then play great defense.

Lindley, as bad as he is, can make a few plays to great receivers. That's their shot. That and finding a way to stop Seattle's O.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2sws5qdh said:
Those saying Arizona won't throw -- I disagree. I think Arians will feel like the only shot he's got is to pull off a handful of big plays. They're not going to consistently drive the ball against Seattle. So I bet he comes out taking shots downfield. Go deep or die trying.

Think about the alternative -- play conservative and not run the ball. Then be forced to put the game on Lindley. He'll use his two big wide outs and Brown to try and make 3-4 chunk plays for position and then play great defense.

Lindley, as bad as he is, can make a few plays to great receivers. That's their shot. That and finding a way to stop Seattle's O.
I do agree he will try big plays. But if Lindley has 30 attempts, they are screwed, IMO.

And if the game goes like the Rams game, he is going to stay conservative.

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle put up 400+ yards of offense on them a month ago. If they repeat that, it's almost 100% certain Seattle wins. They could put up half that much offense and still win if Lindley throws a few picks.

If I heard this right, Lindley has never thrown a TD pass in the NFL. Career TD/INT ratio of 0/7.

I think this will be like the Eagles road win. Seattle will win by 10, but the flow of the game will make it feel like they won by 20.

I just can't see the Seahawks losing a game like this when the team is certain to be laser focused. This is essentially a playoff game.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
kearly":2spx24sm said:
Seattle put up 400+ yards of offense on them a month ago. If they repeat that, it's almost 100% certain Seattle wins. They could put up half that much offense and still win if Lindley throws a few picks.

If I heard this right, Lindley has never thrown a TD pass in the NFL. Career TD/INT ratio of 0/7.

I think this will be like the Eagles road win. Seattle will win by 10, but the flow of the game will make it feel like they won by 20.

I just can't see the Seahawks losing a game like this when the team is certain to be laser focused. This is essentially a playoff game.
huh? no we didn't

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3lpio7fs said:
kearly":3lpio7fs said:

huh? no we didn't
He's just quoting me and a stat I got really, really, wrong.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2bexxfnw said:
RunTheBall":2bexxfnw said:
kearly":2bexxfnw said:

huh? no we didn't
He's just quoting me and a stat I got really, really, wrong.

Hi Lief!

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
On a side note. Kaeps face at the start of halftime already looked like defeat. This season has to be one of the biggest implosions on history in so many ways. Arrests. Suspensions. New stadium. HFA. Expectations. Performances. Thanksgiving turkey. Soon to be firings.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RunTheBall":dfmv0qly said:
kearly":dfmv0qly said:

huh? no we didn't
What freakin' difference does total yards make troll boy? We won by 10 points and it wasn't that close which is the real point that was made here and that's what matters. Get a freaking life dude. I don't usually go off on people like this that aren't Whiner fans, but you have grown very tiresome the last several days.

ringless":dfmv0qly said:
On a side note. Kaeps face at the start of halftime already looked like defeat. This season has to be one of the biggest implosions on history in so many ways. Arrests. Suspensions. New stadium. HFA. Expectations. Performances. Thanksgiving turkey. Soon to be firings.
The prospect of a losing season is staring them right in the face. Can you smell the fear of that possibility emanating from Santa Clara fans?

RunTheBall

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1utyl6yp said:
RunTheBall":1utyl6yp said:
kearly":1utyl6yp said:

huh? no we didn't
What freakin' difference does total yards make troll boy? We won by 10 points and it wasn't that close which is the real point that was made here and that's what matters. Get a freaking life dude. I don't usually go off on people like this that aren't Whiner fans, but you have grown very tiresome the last several days.
U mad 1

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Well I think we found our #1 seed this year, you guys are obviously playing lights out and are most likely set to make another run. I think if we had a QB, we would have won an extra game this year and would still control our own destiny but thats how the NFL is. You guys are healthy and hot at the right time