Grateful tonight for a petulant child

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Jed York - Thank you for being the petulant child that you are.

Thank you for taking over your storied franchise at the tender age of 27. Thank you so, so much for thinking you know a damn thing about the game of football, despite having never played a down past grade school and having never coached at any level, because you happened to inherit $100 million.

Thank you for being more concerned about lining your own pockets than paying Jim Harbaugh like a Top 5 coach. Thank you for building your stadium in sleepy Santa Clara; one you did not pay a cent for.

Thank you for publicly commenting on the fact that Harbaugh lacks "leverage" in his negotiations with you because he failed to win a Super Bowl in his first three years. Thank you for announcing publicly that you would not sign Harbaugh to an extension during the season, thereby guaranteeing the uncertainty and drama that would unfold.

Thank you for further stoking the flames by tweeting out your "apology" for the team's performance, leading to an epic collapse against the Raiders. As Pete Carroll has said, this is something an owner like Paul Allen would never do. Thank you for allowing the Harbaugh trade rumors to run rampant.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to our beloved, petulant owner of the Santa Clara Forty-Whiners.
RkJimHarbaughIntroduced49ersHeadt4WfrGYlS94l

pehawk

Reaction score
Word!

Marvin will rush in to explain it's the other York that's the problem. But, it isn't.

As long as York, Bidwell and Groenke in the owners box, the Hawks will always have an edge.

pehawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":3vjiw8yz said:
pehawk":3vjiw8yz said:
Word!

Marvin will rush in to explain it's the other York that's the problem. But, it isn't.

As long as York, Bidwell and Groenke in the owners box, the Hawks will always have an edge.

Do you mean Kroenke?

Yup, my bad.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":gvtra572 said:
pehawk":gvtra572 said:
Word!

Do you mean Kroenke?
Same difference. 8)

RationalNiner

Reaction score
I place most of the blame on the disappointing season on injuries, off field distractions, questionable game planning, and Kaepernick regressing.

Say what you want about York, but the coaches and players are professionals and take pride in their work. It just wasn't our year for a combination of things and I'm not one to usually give owners a lot of credit for a team's on field performance. York doesn't game plan. York doesn't draft or scout. York doesn't decide who is signed. He just signs the checks. If York were like Jerry Jones, different story. Again you can conjure up whatever you want about the front office (how do you know York didn't offer a top 5 contract?) and blame it on that but at the end of the day the coaches and players all have pride in their work and want to win. York is not directly involved with any game plan/roster decisions.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2h0w05xe said:
Jed York - Thank you for being the petulant child that you are.

Thank you for taking over your storied franchise at the tender age of 27. Thank you so, so much for thinking you know a damn thing about the game of football, despite having never played a down past grade school and having never coached at any level, because you happened to inherit $100 million.

Thank you for being more concerned about lining your own pockets than paying Jim Harbaugh like a Top 5 coach. Thank you for building your stadium in sleepy Santa Clara; one you did not pay a cent for.

Thank you for publicly commenting on the fact that Harbaugh lacks "leverage" in his negotiations with you because he failed to win a Super Bowl in his first three years. Thank you for announcing publicly that you would not sign Harbaugh to an extension during the season, thereby guaranteeing the uncertainty and drama that would unfold.

Thank you for further stoking the flames by tweeting out your "apology" for the team's performance, leading to an epic collapse against the Raiders. As Pete Carroll has said, this is something an owner like Paul Allen would never do. Thank you for allowing the Harbaugh trade rumors to run rampant.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to our beloved, petulant owner of the Santa Clara Forty-Whiners.
RkJimHarbaughIntroduced49ersHeadt4WfrGYlS94l
What an awesome post. Mediocrity is staring this whole franchise directly in the face.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RationalNiner":1on27t7n said:
I place most of the blame on the disappointing season on injuries, off field distractions, questionable game planning, and Kaepernick regressing.

Say what you want about York, but the coaches and players are professionals and take pride in their work. It just wasn't our year for a combination of things and I'm not one to usually give owners a lot of credit for a team's on field performance. York doesn't game plan. York doesn't draft or scout. York doesn't decide who is signed. He just signs the checks. If York were like Jerry Jones, different story. Again you can conjure up whatever you want about the front office (how do you know York didn't offer a top 5 contract?) and blame it on that but at the end of the day the coaches and players all have pride in their work and want to win. York is not directly involved with any game plan/roster decisions.

This.

Cracks me up.

I didn't hear any comments about York when they were making it to 3 NFCCGs. I didn't see peeps making cracks about York when he got a 1.3 Billion Stadium built (when they had been trying to do that under Eddie D and John York for 20+ years).

Ya know what else?

Jed didn't beak Bowmans knee. Jed didn't rip up Patrick Wills' toe. Jed didn't send Aldon to that gun shop in Arizona. Jed didn't injure both starting corners. Jed didn't coach the team to abandon it's biggest strength on offense. Jed didn't fast forward the clock on Frank Gores age. Jed didn't make Vernon a shadow of himself all year (dude couldn't even run yesterday).

Jed doesn't call the plays.

There are ALOT of reasons the Niners sucked this year, but blaming Jed just seems kinda ludicrous to me. Feel free to do so if it makes you feel better somehow, but you look kinda silly. The Niners returned to prominence under Jed.

One bad year doesn't a bad owner make.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2kx9kujt said:
RationalNiner":2kx9kujt said:

This.

Cracks me up.

I didn't hear any comments about York when they were making it to 3 NFCCGs. I didn't see peeps making cracks about York when he got a 1.3 Billion Stadium built (when they had been trying to do that under Eddie D and John York for 20+ years).

Ya know what else?

Jed didn't beak Bowmans knee. Jed didn't rip up Patrick Wills' toe. Jed didn't send Aldon to that gun shop in Arizona. Jed didn't injure both starting corners. Jed didn't coach the team to abandon it's biggest strength on offense. Jed didn't fast forward the clock on Frank Gores age. Jed didn't make Vernon a shadow of himself all year (dude couldn't even run yesterday).

There are ALOT of reasons the Niners sucked this year, but blaming Jed just seems kinda ludicrous to me. Feel free to do so if it makes you feel better somehow, but you look kinda silly. The Niners returned to prominence under Jed.

Actually I've been saying York is a bad owner since even before Harbaugh. I've been saying for a decade the Seahawks will always be relevant in that division due to the other NFCW owners. Yes, teams will have runs, but the consistency will be in Seattle because of who's in the owners box. So, why don't you try knowing what you're talking about and who says what before you pipe in with your passive aggressive nonsense? You're just flat out wrong and trying to pigeon hole us as reactionary in lieu of you're ignorance.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Setting up a all or nothing with a coach who's gone to three straight NFCCG and a SB, is by default, bad ownership.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
By next year Niner fans will clamor for Baalke's head. I'm still trying to figure out how the GM that hires the coach gets a pass.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":unicgjxb said:
By next year Niner fans will clamor for Baalke's head. I'm still trying to figure out how the GM that hires the coach gets a pass.

That's just called "good ownership".

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":126zo91h said:
Marvin49":126zo91h said:
RationalNiner":126zo91h said:

This.

Cracks me up.

Ya know what else?

Actually I've been saying York is a bad owner since even before Harbaugh. I've been saying for a decade the Seahawks will always be relevant in that division due to the other NFCW owners. Yes, teams will have runs, but the consistency will be in Seattle because of who's in the owners box. So, why don't you try knowing what you're talking about and who says what before you pipe in with your passive aggressive nonsense? You're just flat out wrong and trying to pigeon hole us as reactionary in lieu of you're ignorance.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Setting up a all or nothing with a coach who's gone to three straight NFCCG and a SB, is by default, bad ownership.

Oh relax.

Jed has been in charge since late 2008. He hasn't even been in charge for "a decade".

Under Jeds watch they've built the new stadium and been a force in the NFL for the past 3 years (prior to this season). The book on Jed hasn't been written yet. Stop acting like he's been there for 15 years and they've sucked nonstop.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Baalke is a bigger problem than Harbaugh. The reason why the 49ers are declining is because of Baalke's decisions. I'm not a fan of Harbaugh but he's a damn good football coach. Baalke makes Ruskell look like a genius. Until the 49ers get rid of Baalke, they will continue to have problems. York chose Baalke over Harbaugh. That's why York is moron and doesn't have a clue about football.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yes, I know when this new York started. I'm very aware. But, I think he stinks. I think, like I have for a decade, that the NFCW has 3 horrible owners and one good one. Quit acting like our opinions are reactionary, Goth Girl, they aren't.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1murlpya said:
Baalke is a bigger problem than Harbaugh. The reason why the 49ers are declining is because of Baalke's decisions. I'm not a fan of Harbaugh but he's a damn good football coach. Baalke makes Ruskell look like a genius. Until the 49ers get rid of Baalke, they will continue to have problems. York chose Baalke over Harbaugh. That's why York is moron and doesn't have a clue about football.

Carlos Hyde, Chris Borland, and Aaron Lynch disagree with you...and that's just this year.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1vledsg7 said:
hawkfan68":1vledsg7 said:

Carlos Hyde, Chris Borland, and Aaron Lynch disagree with you...and that's just this year.

I liked Borland the first time, when he was named "Lofa". Borland will be out of the league in a few years. Lynch adjusted to him in two quarters, wait until that tape gets out.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":yl6vntsn said:
Yes, I know when this new York started. I'm very aware. But, I think he stinks. I think, like I have for a decade, that the NFCW has 3 horrible owners and one good one. Quit acting like our opinions are reactionary, Goth Girl, they aren't.

Oh..well if you think that then all right then. Write it up as fact.

When I wrote that post I was referring to the overwhelming majority BTW. Not every single person.

Chill. Your team won. Stop being grumpy and enjoy it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":2wxans3m said:
Marvin49":2wxans3m said:
hawkfan68":2wxans3m said:

I liked Borland the first time, when he was named "Lofa". Borland will be out of the league in a few years. Lynch adjusted to him in two quarters, wait until that tape gets out.

Well...he probably won't be a starter next year with Willis and Bowman back.

As for adjusting...not everyone can. Lynch is special. I hate that he's a Seahawk, but I've always liked the guy. Hate the way the media responds to his personality in the media.

Point being here tho, not many are CAPABLE of doing to Borland what Lynch does. Lynch really exposes all of Borlands faults...speed, size, arm length.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":mi7qj1ee said:
pehawk":mi7qj1ee said:

Oh..well if you think that then all right then. Write it up as fact.

When I wrote that post I was referring to the overwhelming majority BTW. Not every single person.

Chill. Your team won. Stop being grumpy and enjoy it.

I'm chill but you're annoying. York got his stadium...times are a changing...buckle up.

Did you know the model for Borland's arms, the T-Rex, was actually a scavenger?