Jim Harbaugh and Frank Burns

tom sawyer

Reaction score
With all this talk of Harbaugh leaving, being a huge M*A*S*H fan I can't help but be remined of a famous episode when Frank finally leaves the 4077.
At the beginning of season 6, he was more fun for Hawkeye and BJ to pick on. as much as they couldn't stand him, he was so deserving of criticism.

capncrunch

Reaction score
So did you wish that Frank stayed longer because you would miss seeing them pick on him and now think the same thing about Harbaugh's coming departure? Or, are you glad to see them exit stage left?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":x1tqu9m5 said:
Cool story, bro.

Ignore Peaches, he's from Ireland so grew up on reruns of Father Ted and doesn't know of any other television program. I hear a snowman also stole his scarf, which would explain the pissy tone.

But yeh, wtf dude?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3mfnz4uq said:
SomersetHawk":3mfnz4uq said:
peachesenregalia":3mfnz4uq said:
Cool story, bro.

Ignore Peaches, he's from Ireland so grew up on reruns of Father Ted and doesn't know of any other television program. I hear a snowman also stole his scarf, which would explain the pissy tone.

But yeh, wtf dude?

NORTHERN Ireland. Get it right.

And I loved Father Ted, fantastic show. Bottom was, and always will be, my favorite though.

Half my family are from Belfast. Most are dead or batcrap crazy now though.

And Father Ted wins for me. The Fast Show weren't three bad either.

Threedee

Reaction score
I loved Charles Emerson Winchester III, so watching Frank Burns depart was not a problem for me. He was as much cringe-inducing as humorous, and Charles had the intellect to be a more equally matched foil, despite his pomposity and tendency to underestimate everyone around him.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
It always baffled me how in the US MASH had a canned laughter track.

irocdave

Reaction score
Umm, that would make Kap Harbaughs "hot lips Houlihan"?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Yeah MASH sucked after Frank Burns left. I do want Harbaugh to stay. No matter who they get in there, he can't possibly be as entertaining, whether the team is good or not.

Maulbert

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3fhvuiwj said:
It always baffled me how in the US MASH had a canned laughter track.

Strictly speaking, it was called a chuckle track. The producers didn't want a laugh track, but the network wouldn't budge. As a compromise they created the 'chuckle track' which wasn't as pervasive as a full laugh track. M*A*S*H also later became the first sitcom in US history to film an episode without any form of laugh track. The DVD release of the series also contained a soundtrack that dispensed with the chuckle track, as well.