If Marshawn retires or leaves, would a reinstated AP be...

djTOY2000

Reaction score
I keep having this little thought in the back of my head regarding the rumor of Marshawn departing from the 'Hawks after this season. For some reason I have this thought that perhaps Adrian Peterson would land here after reinstatement. I mean, our offense is a run first style, we find ourselves always in some sort of off season deals with the Vikings for some odd reason, and such a signing would almost be "normal" for us.

This is all speculation and a thread to discuss possibilities, What would your thoughts be ?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think the Hawks might be interested if not for the price tag. I think they will be looking to cut salary from the RB position after Marshawn leaves. If they run with Turbin, Michael, and a rookie they will save millions from that position group and can use it elsewhere.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Waaaaay too pricey, not worth losing guys like Wagner and wright over IMO. Would rather stick with the team we got, and get/use a running back within our means.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seattle is not a good fit for AP, he needs to go somewhere in the south where they approve of whipping the crap out of your kids until they bleeds.

We'd have mobs of protesters at the airport waiting for him to get off the plane.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1mpy4cd2 said:
Seattle is not a good fit for AP, he needs to go somewhere in the south where they approve of whipping the crap out of your kids until they bleeds.

We'd have mobs of protesters at the airport waiting for him to get off the plane.

Yeah, he should have just killed somebody. Then it would be no biggie...

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
The only way I would approve is if I got to beat him with a stick. Then again, no EFF him!

The jacka@@ should be CAINED for what he did. If he is on our team, I will jump on the 9er band wagon.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
akscoundrel":3qanrzus said:
Sgt. Largent":3qanrzus said:

Yeah, he should have just killed somebody. Then it would be no biggie...

I wasn't aware we had players that killed people? I mean other than Kam almost killing Welker in the SB.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Hopefully the Hawks have learned their lesson about paying guys from other teams with crappy character.

chris98251

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":rwctu2ko said:
Jesus Christ.

I think that the Vatican would want to much for him, he is the last real celebrated star they have had since Moses and has been around way to long, you can only resurrect a career so many times.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
If he's leaving the Vikings (which I don't think he will be), he'll be going to the Cowboys to make up for the loss of Murray (who won't be resigned, they just can't afford it).

Over 80% of Hawks'roster is hitting free agency in the next two years. With extensions and re-signs hey'll be mixing and matching at the bottom and occasionally in the middle of the market, as they should be.

sutz

Reaction score
Too pricey and W-a-a-a--a-a-y too much baggage.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":usyvik82 said:

Outside of the he's too old and not good fit, there is no room for someone to learn from their mistakes and get a second chance?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DTexHawk":32x4y5ku said:
Sgt. Largent":32x4y5ku said:

Outside of the he's too old and not good fit, there is no room for someone to learn from their mistakes and get a second chance?

Sure, but you're counting on a LOT of very liberal Seattleites thinking the same as you. I can just see the media and local news stations going crazy with AP coming to Seattle.........rehashing all his dirty laundry.

It'd be a PR nightmare, thus a bad idea.

byau

Reaction score
DTexHawk":2vkwnh16 said:
there is no room for someone to learn from their mistakes and get a second chance?

As far as players getting second chances, seems the Hawks are 1 and 1 on that in recent memory on the troublemakers:

Marshawn worked out big time

Percy did not

That's not bad at all.

Hope the Seahawks aren't relying on Turbin or Michael to replace Marshawn. They seem good backup backs, but not on the level of Marshawn.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Haushka kind of looks like a kid. I wouldn't trust AP not to paddle his ass just on instinct.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1viukfrv said:
Haushka kind of looks like a kid. I wouldn't trust AP not to paddle his ass just on instinct.

Well if he ever misses, wouldn't he deserve it?

pmedic920

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":yexgld32 said:
too pricey and too old. He'd cost an arm and a leg and is on the down-side of his career. no thanks.

Not if he came on a 1 year prove it deal.
I'm thinking that's what he's gunna get no matter where he goes.
We could use him up, on our way to a 3Pete, then send him on his way.
:{)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Doesn't make sense to let Lynch leave and then sign a replacement who's older. The best scenario is to find a way to convince Lynch to stick around. Adrian Peterson may be a better runner (yards) but Lynch is the perfect back for this offense. No one in the league right now who's comparable.