Bears to start Clausen

kidhawk

Reaction score
According to Schefter they are....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/545360808981831680[/tweet]

I said before the season that I thought they were overpaying Cutler, but this is ridiculous

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Giving up on the season was inevitable at this point.

They're probably just disinterestedly glancing at what they have in Clausen before they reach for a QB in the draft.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
What a complete shambolic mess.

Perhaps the GM is throwing the coach under the bus to save his job, so the coach is making a point? The GM makes Cutler the highest paid offensive player in the NFL and I'll bench him for poor play.

"If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me"

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Knowing how fresh that contract is I went to see what is still guaranteed and apparently the bears are still on the hook for $15.5 million next season and have $4 million in dead money from his bonus if they part ways without a trade partner willing to take on the contract.

pehawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":hcqj17hk said:
What a complete shambolic mess.

Perhaps the GM is throwing the coach under the bus to save his job, so the coach is making a point? The GM makes Cutler the highest paid offensive player in the NFL and I'll bench him for poor play.

"If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me"

Nice and most likely accurate call.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't understand how you can do this.

You're paying him $16M guaranteed next year. He's your starter, unless you trade him. This move only de-values him on the trade market and/or crushes his confidence and/or his teammates' confidence for next year. I think English is right, this feels like a move made out of spite or out of protecting one's own self-interest. In terms of the team's long-term goals, this move doesn't add up.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2oaehy11 said:
Tate, Harvin, Moffitt, Lendale White....the list goes on.
I agree with your sentiment, but I'm not sure how you lump Tate in with the others, unless you have some evidence about the sleeping with Ashton rumor that the rest of us don't.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Bears front office & coaching staff photo:

Dumpster-Fire.jpg

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
This *EDIT* sucks. I HATE the Bears. Just giving the game to Detroit. I hope they die 1,000 deaths.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2eqa33p1 said:
This *EDIT* sucks. I HATE the Bears. Just giving the game to Detroit. I hope they die 1,000 deaths.

As if the outcome would be any different with Cutler out there

jkitsune

Reaction score
FWIW, Gal, if both DET and GB win, then DAL can no longer use their tiebreaker over us. So not an awful thing.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I want Indy to win badly. I know many here hate Luck but this weekend he is my best friend.
I guess I don't understand this seeding stuff. If Det or GB loses, I won't be upset but we all know they won't lose this weekend.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I'll have to see Clausen taking the first snap of the game to actually believe this is true. I might even continue doubting it for a series or two.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":65nkaby7 said:
Seahwkgal":65nkaby7 said:
I want Indy to win badly. I know many here hate Luck but this weekend he is my best friend.
I guess I don't understand this seeding stuff. If Det or GB loses, I won't be upset but we all know they won't lose this weekend.

Enhance your calm. We want both DET and GB to win this weekend. It fares better for us in getting the #1 seed in the NFC, which is a good thing. The Indianapolis Lucks winning would be good, too.
Indianapolis winning would be best result possible outside us winning out. Either way I'm a Detroit, Green Bay, Philadelphia fan this week even though just Philadelphia losing and Dallas, Green Bay and Detroit winning with us this week does cinch a playoff berth for us.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If Testman keeps his job expect the Bears to be a player for Russell Wilson if we don't get a deal done early. If Trestman gets let go though we should grab him for OC or QB coach.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2m48pocu said:
brimsalabim":2m48pocu said:
If Testman keeps his job expect the Bears to be a player for Russell Wilson if we don't get a deal done early. If Trestman gets let go though we should grab him for OC or QB coach.

There's no chance we let Wilson go.
Simply don't understand how people think such a thing is even a remote possibility.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":nwvv1pm8 said:

Wilson has a year left on his deal. Even if we massively screw the pooch on this, he's still under contract for next season. He could hold out at that point, but he can't negotiate with any teams until Free Agency 2016