Niner threads to watch

Laloosh

Reaction score
Some potential here from the Niner faithful...

"Niners 1st offensive play against the Chargers" thread:
Give the ball to the chargers and say, it's all yours.
f**k harbaugh
Playaction 7 step drop.......Sack.
Kaperception
Spider 2 Y Banana
SackOrPick
1st play only?

Every play will be offensive to me.
Delay of game

"Favorite Harbaughism" thread:
"We are the 49ers, we can do whatever we want."

Unfortunately, that was never the case. LOL.
"...come with some knuckles..."
H: I think it's just a lot of gobble, gobble, turkey, you know?

Q: What is gobble, gobble turkey?

H: Just gobble, gobble, gobble turkey from jive turkey gobblers. I think that paints a pretty good picture.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I remember when they used to believe.

Now they're just a sorry mix of manic depressants and apologists.

NINEster

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1qfd8z7h said:

The ones that get too down on the team can also be the biggest homers when times are good.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":xifkfeon said:
NINEster":xifkfeon said:

The ones that get too down on the team can also be the biggest homers when times are good.

Yea that's the case on most fan boards. There are folks here ranting about how we are going to "crush the Cardinals, destroy them, they don't have a chance!"

Completely disregarding the fact that the Cards will be fired up, they have a great offense, and they seem to have Wilson's number... 1 or 2 turnovers or boneheaded Seahawk ST mistakes (which we have been prone to this year) and suddenly we have to beat the Rams to even get into the playoffs.

It's entirely plausible we lose this game this weekend... and then those same folks who are absolutely convinced the Seahawks will blow the Cardinals out will react like drama queens ... OMG WE SUCK, FIRE BEVEL< FIRE CABLE< FIRE THE FRONT OFFICE! DON'T SIGN WILSON! Blah blah blah blah blah.

Overreaction to every situation is the norm in our modern age. Shit happens... great great football teams sometimes don't win Superbowls because of a bad matchup. I don't know if you watch "Football Life" but a good watch of the recent "Thunder and Lightning" -- that 99 Jags team, is the perfect example of how a great football team, the best in the league, did not win a Superbowl because of ONE bad matchup.

The 99 jags were 14-2 ... both regular season losses to Fisher's Titans. He pulled out all the stops each time he faced the Jags, and for some reason Jacksonville could not handle Kearse, that Titans D line knew how to handle Brunelle, that secondary had a scheme to contend with Jimmy Smith... that Jags team destroyed everyone.. they won their divisional playoff game by some insane score, like 62 to 7 or some absurd thing.

But then they had to play the Titans again, who only got to the championship by a serious of bizarro luck circumstances, poor officiating, lucky breaks, and lo and behold, again, they had the Jags number. Titans go to the Superbowl... and the next year Brunell's knee gets blown and then Jimmy Smith turns to drugs, Coughlin gets fired a few seasons later and what should have been a Superbowl Championship team is dismantled.

Just one play, one bad matchup -- all it takes. There is magic to football that the majority of fans do not seem to notice or accept. They take things like last year for granted. They take this team for granted. Just to be in the hunt, just to be equal to or slightly better than any NFL team that takes the field is "special" you don't see it often, and when you do it doesn't always work out.

I try to tell Seahawk fans not to discount the magic that Cardinals have harnessed this year, but it's like talking to a wall. You think they can't win with a backup QB who doesn't play well? Remember, last year we intercepted the Cardinals FOUR TIMES and they still beat us on our home field.

I dislike listening to fan overconfidence going into a game like this just as much as I hate the "sky is falling" mantra that will develop if we lose. It is precisely that combo that has always annoyed me in 49er fans.

"We deserve to beat you because our crap don't stink. If we lost, it wasn't because you were good or had something special, it's because we screwed up."

Ugh...

Since when do the cards have a great offense?

The Seahawks SHOULD win this game because they are the BETTER TEAM. Thank you for being captain obvious and telling us AGAIN that the better team doesn't always win. It won't stop ME from being CONFIDENT that the Seahawks team will beat the cards. ME being confident has absolutely zero to do with what will happen tomorrow. I just enjoy talking ish with opposing fans.

Havagoodaybye.