A worthy reason to despise the Cardinals.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Has any team ever had less of a self created identity than the Cardinals?

It has been that team's agenda to become the Pittsburgh Steelers for a decade now. The Steelers can't throw kleenex away without the Cardinals picking it out of the trash to see if it still has a use. Whisenhunt, Arians, style of ball, same defensive attack, this fact alone makes them worthy of my dislike. The Cardinals are some sort of recycling facility built next to Steeler HQ. The Steelers beating them in a SB was like watching someone punch their own face. Jeezuz, I think Arians QB scouting consists of bringing a full size Roethlisberger cutout to the combine, and having prospective QBs stand in front of it. The primary draw to being a Pittsburgh Steeler has become the retirement package in the desert.

I picture the Bidwells at NFL meetings just following the Rooneys around, getting tables at the same restaurants, asking the Waiter "What did those guys order? Yeah, I'll have that...Wait, how much is it? Shit. Me and the boy will split a plate." Then leave a 10 cent tip.

NINEster

Reaction score
Don't think this is too outrageous a concept in the NFL. Coaches/execs tend to do what they know best. You guys said it yourselves what Holmgren would do if he returned to the league.

You could argue that the 49ers were built in 2005 onwards as Ravens West:

Mike Nolan was the DC there, and Mike Singletary was LB coach around the same time
HOF MLB as cornerstone of defense

Then you have these subtle coincidences that make the connections seem more obvious years later:

Jim Harbaugh played a season or two in Baltimore
Trent Baalke and Ozzie Newsome were Parcells disciples looking to build their versions of the '80s NY Giants
Brothers Harbaugh

And of course the 49ers losing to the Ravens in the Super Bowl.

We can further tie this together and say that the Ravens were copying the Steelers.

If there's one thing the Cardinals don't do that the Steelers have done is drafting talented knucklehead WRs who very quickly end up on other teams (Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, maybe Emmanuel Sanders too).

If you look at the Seahawks and the McLoughan connection, and how similar the team is to the 49ers......

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Maybe the cutout cardboard copy has more brains and the Cardies are trying to mindmeld with it as in a Vulcan thing? Maybe that is their strength. LOL :twisted:

lucky49

Reaction score
i hate the cards' "we're picked on" mentality. It's somewhat normal for fans to think that but even their players are always like "no one pays attention to us! boo hoo!" and I hate it. You're a small market team, we get it. No one disrespects you.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
lucky49":b1sri6bs said:
i hate the cards' "we're picked on" mentality. It's somewhat normal for fans to think that but even their players are always like "no one pays attention to us! boo hoo!" and I hate it. You're a small market team, we get it. No one disrespects you.
I do.