For those who love to complain about Seattle's O-line...

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Philly's line is ranked 7th for pass protection according to Football Outsiders.

Three sacks conceded in the first half. Sanchez hit nearly every play. Already led to a fumble.

This is the NFL. Seattle is not the only team in the league who suffers with this. Defensive players today are just better athletes than OL players.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'm not really seeing what you're seeing. Sanchez is stepping up into pockets and being pretty indecisive. Heck at least there's a pocket. He had plenty of time to throw on that fumble too.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Seattle's O-line would be ranked much higher if Russell got rid of the ball on time a bit more. He's holding the ball too long. Thankfully, he is able to get away with it a lot more than most would be able to.

Chapow

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":i2ph34qv said:
Since Philadelphia is having issues on the online we should be satisfied with our online play.

Gotcha.

I'm pretty satisfied with my online play, but then again, I've got a pretty nice computer.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Chapow":3jtwsyiu said:
Tech Worlds":3jtwsyiu said:
Since Philadelphia is having issues on the online we should be satisfied with our online play.

Gotcha.

I'm pretty satisfied with my online play, but then again, I've got a pretty nice computer.

I thought I was reading that wrong...but then I am drunk, or I would have come up with a quip for that too.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":q1hyxm5j said:

Gotcha.

Yes, that's what I said. :sarcasm_off:

The point is -- any time Russell Wilson is pressured there's a thread complaining about it. Every time we fail on third down Bevell gets both barrels. Sometimes it takes watching another team to realize that every club has the same kind of problems.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
First of all how can you even rank our Oline with any accuracy when the line up is different every game? Second of all give me a break on the " Russell makes our Oline look bad by holding the ball too long" BS because your wrong. When an edge rusher is on top of him in 2 seconds flat he has to move. Now I don't think our line lacks tallent but they do lack cohesion. They can't be consistant as a unit when their line up changes so frequently. They can't even practice together two days in a row.

rideaducati

Reaction score
brimsalabim":e19zg5io said:
First of all how can you even rank our Oline with any accuracy when the line up is different every game? Second of all give me a break on the " Russell makes our Oline look bad by holding the ball too long" BS because your wrong. When an edge rusher is on top of him in 2 seconds flat he has to move. Now I don't think our line lacks tallent but they do lack cohesion. They can't be consistant as a unit when their line up changes so frequently. They can't even practice together two days in a row.

I was just saying that there ARE times when Russell has more than enough time to throw the ball, but doesn't. Watching coaches film shows guys ARE open and Russell doesn't throw the ball or doesn't see them. It's not ALL on the O-line. The O-line needs to be better, but so does Russell.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it appears here's what English is trying to say:

Seattle's o-line functions at about 30%. Fans compare that to 100%, when the league best is only about 50%, making it seem like we're much worse in comparison. Our o-line still sucks in comparison to the rest of the league, but not by as much as what we're comparing it to.

Smellyman

Reaction score
the hawk oline stinks. my eyes tell me that.

Mark Schlerth was on Brock and Salk telling the world how bad the oline is. Saying how Lynch and Wilson mask how bad it truly is.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":1b41vt0l said:

Mark Schlerth was on Brock and Salk telling the world how bad the oline is. Saying how Lynch and Wilson mask how bad it truly is.

When Mark Schlerth speaks, the world listens.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":35maksly said:
Smellyman":35maksly said:

When Mark Schlerth speaks, the world listens.
Didka has made this point as well.

I get what you are saying though Sailor any your right that I misunderstood.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":4r3mq08t said:
Philly's line is ranked 7th for pass protection according to Football Outsiders.

Three sacks conceded in the first half. Sanchez hit nearly every play. Already led to a fumble.

This is the NFL. Seattle is not the only team in the league who suffers with this. Defensive players today are just better athletes than OL players.
I'm not buying your today theory..They just aren't as tough and well coached as in past.

AgentDib

Reaction score
A lot of the same people who dismiss the importance of pass protection also argue that pressure is the key on defense. Ultimately, everything is important and surely weak spots of the team are worth discussing even if our team is very good overall. I think most Hawk fans understand perfectly well why pass protection is one of our few weak areas (injuries and run blocking focus) but I don't see many picking against the Hawks today because of it.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
AgentDib":2qhunptx said:
A lot of the same people who dismiss the importance of pass protection also argue that pressure is the key on defense. Ultimately, everything is important and surely weak spots of the team are worth discussing even if our team is very good overall. I think most Hawk fans understand perfectly well why pass protection is one of our few weak areas (injuries and run blocking focus) but I don't see many picking against the Hawks today because of it.

I ain't picking against the Hawks but if we lose I think it will because of that.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Top notch performance from the offensive line today.

Minus Okung and Unger with Patrick Lewis at center and Sweezy banged up.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":4526rvs7 said:
Top notch performance from the offensive line today.

Minus Okung and Unger with Patrick Lewis at center and Sweezy banged up.
Why are you bothering to point this out? You say O-line doesn't matter.