Would Iupati be too expensive in free agency?

kjreid

Reaction score
I have always loved the way he plays and he will be unrestricted after the season.

Rat

Reaction score
I was under the impression that he has been a disappointment this year. Maybe I heard wrong.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Rat":14pfj6pv said:
I was under the impression that he has been a disappointment this year. Maybe I heard wrong.
He has had a bad year in pass pro. He will still get great money.

endzorn

Reaction score
We won't afford him after Wilson bleeds the turnip. Greedy puke.

Tical21

Reaction score
Is it possible that the reason we're signing all of these guys all of a sudden is because we realize Russell isn't that important, so we've decided not to extend him?

In that case, we can probably afford Iupati. Without that scenario, I think Avril and KJ just got his money.

Cartire

Reaction score
Tical21":2twks8zi said:
Is it possible that the reason we're signing all of these guys all of a sudden is because we realize Russell isn't that important, so we've decided not to extend him?

In that case, we can probably afford Iupati. Without that scenario, I think Avril and KJ just got his money.

GN1ug72

Ozzy

Reaction score
Tical21":11x4kw0f said:

I hope you're kidding.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Tical21":1xzq2s08 said:

No, not possible. If you think Russell is not important, look back to the starting Seahawk QB prior to Russell. By doing so, you'll see what the future holds without Russell for the Seahawks.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
endzorn":342ri07n said:
We won't afford him after Wilson bleeds the turnip. Greedy puke.
Why are you so bent on Wilson getting paid? Sorry this isn't kindergarten where everyone shares rulers and pencils.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Tical21":3new89aw said:

And who do we replace Wilson with?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Well, I'm not buying the 'not so important' line of thinking, but, with Russell's long term goals, it's plausible that he might want some firm commitments to make the OL better; commitment's that Pete isn't willing to make. I don't see a player that wants to be a QB for 'decades' surviving behind that steaming mess...not even Russ. It will catch up to him sooner or later.

Seems like the model is put trashy, bargain basement pass blockers out there and stick a mobile QB behind them.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":gdlwff12 said:
Well, I'm not buying the 'not so important' line of thinking, but, with Russell's long term goals, it's plausible that he might want some firm commitments to make the OL better; commitment's that Pete isn't willing to make. I don't see a player that wants to be a QB for 'decades' surviving behind that steaming mess...not even Russ. It will catch up to him sooner or later.

Seems like the model is put trashy, bargain basement pass blockers out there and stick a mobile QB behind them.

Lol, yea real bad, super trashy model. It has only won us a Super Bowl. That's it though.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Tical21":wk64hw87 said:

[youtube]5hfYJsQAhl0[/youtube]

lucky49

Reaction score
you don't want him. Gets injured every game and has been declining fast since 2012 or so

irocdave

Reaction score
Wilsons deal will get done this coming offseason and the niners guard will not be signed by the Hawks. The Hawks will draft more O line players and invest in protecting the QB investment though. The real question is, will Okung sign with the niners?

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1s8udayd said:

Expect to see a offense heavy draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a CB/LB/DL with the rest on the offense side of the ball. No way I can picture Iupati here nor would I want to see him here.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
austinslater25":ppbfjhwo said:
Tical21":ppbfjhwo said:

I hope you're kidding.
He is not and posted a thread a few weeks back making the case for just that. It was reasonable and well thought out. However, IMO this post is hittin' and runnin'/trolling. C'mon Tical, you're better than this.

As for Iupati, I wanted him badly when he was coming out. But I will defer to the opinion of the Frisco fans who watch him every week and say he's good as a run blocker but not good in pass pro. Our team already had o-linemen in that category so why spend $ on another?