Hasselbeck sighting!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":kiz3petb said:
I hope he doesn't get injured because the Colts are horrible today.

And yet Matt sliced and diced the Cowpokes for what should have been an easy 14 points but still gave the Colts the only points of their game. I guess Matt is the new messiah of NFL football then right? I mean Andrew Luck is constantly touted as the next coming of Jesus in football terms. Able to take a two win team to the playoffs on his own will power even though that team has zero talent around him.

It amazes me how his coach got coach of the year for the job he did with that two win team and his GM got GM of the year for putting the talent around him (Luck) to be able to rebound a 2 win team back into the playoffs yet somehow he is the Messiah all on his own for taking that crap, no talent team (that won his GM and coach awards) back to the playoffs even though they are gifted 6 games a year in that division.

Sorry folks but Luck is a good QB and that is it. Matt proved tonight there is enough talent on that team to win. If even half of what the NFL wants you to believe (so they can Market their chosen one) were true then a nearly 40 year old Matt Hasselbeck wouldn't have been able to take that same talent and move them up and down the field the way he did.

M2MG

Reaction score
I was glad to see a wily vet work some of his magic today. I think the Colts are lucky to have him on their roster. The guy has some big-game experience that Luck can learn from.

rlkats

Reaction score
I was surprised to see him. I thought he was retired. The guy still has it. Luck is a lucky guy to be learning from him.

irocdave

Reaction score
Matt wouldn't last 6 plays behind the Hawks O line. However, I would really like to see the Hawks ad him to the broadcast crew. Maybe cohost a show on KJR with Holmie...He would be great in the booth also. His brother, not so much.

Maulbert

Reaction score
irocdave":sfbemjyn said:
Matt wouldn't last 6 plays behind the Hawks O line. However, I would really like to see the Hawks ad him to the broadcast crew. Maybe cohost a show on KJR with Holmie...He would be great in the booth also. His brother, not so much.

He said he wanted to be a GM someday. Maybe Schneider could take him on when he retires. He was in GB when Hass was drafted.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Maulbert":2casbu1n said:
irocdave":2casbu1n said:

He said he wanted to be a GM someday. Maybe Schneider could take him on when he retires. He was in GB when Hass was drafted.

Do GMs have understudy personnel? Would those be scouts? If maybe he could understudy with JS, maybe that would be helpful in the coming years.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":38gcuab9 said:
Maulbert":38gcuab9 said:
irocdave":38gcuab9 said:

Do GMs have understudy personnel? Would those be scouts? If maybe he could understudy with JS, maybe that would be helpful in the coming years.

John Schneider, Scot McCloughan, and Reggie McKenzie all started as scouts with Green Bay in the '90s under Ron Wolf (which is a large reason they were considered for other jobs). Schneider served in the job title Personal Analyst to the GM, then promoted to Director of Football Operations in Green Bay under Ted Thompson before he was hired in Seattle.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Maulbert":24y03iio said:
Seahawkfan80":24y03iio said:
Maulbert":24y03iio said:
irocdave":24y03iio said:

John Schneider, Scot McCloughan, and Reggie McKenzie all started as scouts with Green Bay in the '90s under Ron Wolf (which is a large reason they were considered for other jobs). Schneider served in the job title Personal Analyst to the GM, then promoted to Director of Football Operations in Green Bay under Ted Thompson before he was hired in Seattle.

Thanks for this tidbit of knowledge. I appreciate it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ivotuk":2hkpf3om said:
Tipton kept the td pass from Matt, "I caught a TD from Hasselbeck!:

Wonder if he had Hass sign it???
Saw that he went in while at the pregame funk in McFaddens. Wanted to watch the games that may be important to us before the game Sunday night.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2tze53gq said:
Maulbert":2tze53gq said:

Thanks for this tidbit of knowledge. I appreciate it.

I forgot that John Dorsey of KC also got his start under Wolf in GB in the '90's as well.

SeaChase

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":tmvao4iu said:
Whitehurst vs Hasselbeck lol! You cant make this shit up

Ha didn't even think of it....that's awesome.