NBC and the NFl STINK!!

pehawk

Reaction score
I would MUCH rather see the win or go home NFCS game next Sunday night. Or even the Pack and Lions. They really chose the Bengals at Steelers. Really? Because the Bengals wont shit the bed THIS time?

What a HORRIBLE week 17 pick. Wow, shitty, shitty, shitty.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Should have picked Pack/Lions. I bet they would have, but it's probably a protected game on FOX or something like that.

I think after that Seahawks/Rams stinkfest from four years ago, NBC is wary of another "see which seven-win team makes the playoffs" game for their final Sunday Night Football.

But yeah, there is no way the Steelers are losing to the Bengals. None.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Atlanta v Panthers would be fun as hell to watch.

The Bengals. The Bengals.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I was a little surprised, but then I looked at the Packers' schedule. They have already had 5 time primetime games so they are ineligible.

hawk35fan

Reaction score
Really thought they would go with Packers / Lions or Falcons / Panthers match up. Just know this is going to be a stupid Steelers love fest.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
There is a way for a team to get 6 prime time games. Here is a snip-it of a article from 2012 that that explains it. (btw i believe the Niners in 2012 were flexed into a 6th prime time game)

With NFL Network's "Thursday Night Football" schedule being extended in 2012, every NFL team is guaranteed at least one prime-time appearance. The maximum a team can be scheduled is five times, although that number can go up one game depending on flex scheduling late in the season. How many times a team is scheduled for prime time is a nice, clean look at the NFL.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...yton-manning-denver-broncos-in-primetime-club

Also there were no protected games for week 17.
http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/heres-nfl-games-fox-cbs-protected-flexing.html

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
VERY poor choice. Either of the NFC games would've been better.
Looks to me like the NFL is setting things up to make Pissburgh the "darkhorse darlings" for the playoffs. Hope so. I salivate at the thought of the Hawks playing them in the owl. :3:

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1a5hr041 said:
Looks to me like the NFL is setting things up to make Pissburgh the "darkhorse darlings" for the playoffs. Hope so. I salivate at the thought of the Hawks playing them in the owl. :3:

Just a really odd choice. ITs not like we don't know how the Negals will play.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pehawk":20g3u89u said:
hawksfansinceday1":20g3u89u said:

Just a really odd choice. ITs not like we don't know how the Negals will play.
The Ginger!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bengals fans are with you, cause the Galloping Ginger is like 0-87 in prime time.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":1snywami said:
I would MUCH rather see the win or go home NFCS game next Sunday night. Or even the Pack and Lions. They really chose the Bengals at Steelers. Really? Because the Bengals wont shit the bed THIS time?

I'd would have rather seen in order..

1. Atlanta v Carolina
2. Detroit v Green Bay
3. Arizona v San Francisco
4. Seattle v St. Louis

Then maybe Cincinniati v Pittsburgh because there is no way Cincinniati doesn't wet the bed as usual.

BASF

Reaction score
pehawk":3hllekmk said:

Ratings are king. Only the Yankees have a wider reaching bandwagon fan base than the Steelers. Besides, the Steelers are very beatable and the Bengals just beat the Broncos.