Who will coach San Fran next year?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
It's been reported that an official announcement on the end of Harbaugh's time in San Fran will come 24-48 hours after the final game of the season. So instead of all the obsessing of where Harbaugh will end up, I think we should be more interested in who replaces him. Early speculation is that the Niners will promote from within and give the job to Tomsula, but Ian Rappaport tweeted yesterday that they might also be interested in Jim Mora (http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... l-targets/). As a Seahawk fan, I can only dream of Mora taking over the reins down there.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
There's talk about the HC position of the 49ers in the implosion thread, but will repost here.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/546323385878196225[/tweet]

homerun1970

Reaction score
Oh yeah to either of those coaches. Mora will be throwing people under the bus quicker than York can could be interesting. Mcdanials will be trying to throw fades over Sherm like Kap needs help with that idea. There is going to be a downgrade in the coaches box either way weakens a rival I am for it.

rlkats

Reaction score
Yup its a sad day if the fire Harbaugh.

Great coach bad bad personality.

Brahn

Reaction score
Oh god please let them get Josh McDaniels. While he did have some talent eval ability

RB Knowshon Moreno (2009, Round 1, Pick 12): 241 rushing attempts, 1,038 yards, 10 touchdowns, 60 catches, 548 yards, three touchdowns
DE Robert Ayers (2009, Round 1, Pick 18): 29 tackles, 5.5 sacks, forced fumble
FS David Bruton (2009, Round 4, Pick 114): 23 tackles
P Britton Colquitt (2009 free agent): 65 punts, 2,893 yards, 44.5 average, 38.8 net average
WR Demaryius Thomas (2010, Round 1, Pick 22): 92 catches, 1,430 yards, 14 touchdowns
OG Zane Beadles (2010, Round 2, Pick 45): 16 starts at left guard
WR Eric Decker (2010, Round 3, Pick 87): 87 catches, 1,288 yards, 11 touchdowns
DT Kevin Vickerson (2010, free agent): 22 tackles, sack
OT Chris Clark (2010, free agent): 14 starts at left tackle
DT Mitch Unrein (2010, free agent): 20 tackles

But also

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels told ESPN's Ed Werder that in a post-trade phone call with Marshall, he told the receiver that he enjoyed their time together, predicted success for him with the Dolphins and expressed regret that their own partnership could not be successful in the long term.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/n ... id=5085644

Cutler had asked to be traded when he found out first-year Denver coach Josh McDaniels tried to acquire Matt Cassel in a trade with the Patriots.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4037373

Ya.. Matt Cassel....

He did draft this guy. #25 in the first round
Tim tebow cover 1 409x250

And was also the one who traded us a 1st rounder in 2010 for our 2nd rounder 2009 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphonso_Smith) And of course we all know who we got with that pick.

Nfl u thomas01jr 1296x729

TriCHawk

Reaction score
As long as they don't hire Quinn away from us, I don't even care who their next coach is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hopefully it'll be Lane Kiffin so they'll stink for another 10 years.

pehawk

Reaction score
McDaniels would be a great hire, actually. He seems willing to tinker and at least entertain thoughts of Saturday offenses, on Sundays. He had a vision when he drafted Tebow, it didn't work out, but it was a vision none the lest. It makes sense he'd have a vision for Kap then.

As much as I bash Baalke for being a fraud, I cant fault the thought process here.

PS: Is that lil weasel Marvin49 REALLY hiding? Is he not man enough to hang after the debacles?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jason Cole is claiming Quinn is on their short list.

They are going to turn into the Jets.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I would not like McDaniels as coach of the 49ers.

...I'd love it if we flew a suitcase of cash to him with an offer to be our OC, though.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pehawk":2l1poc5v said:
.......PS: Is that lil weasel Marvin49 REALLY hiding? Is he not man enough to hang after the debacles?
rlkats is the only Whiner fan left on these boards today. Seems the prospect of a losing season, or at best a .500 finish is too much for the rest of them to take. Between the Hawks and Chargers it seems their spirit has been crushed.
Well there's also the fact that our team is looking like it has a really serious chance at back to back championships. That's gotta sting. :179417:

OrFan

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3b7hlimq said:
pehawk":3b7hlimq said:
.......PS: Is that lil weasel Marvin49 REALLY hiding? Is he not man enough to hang after the debacles?
rlkats is the only Whiner fan left on these boards today. Seems the prospect of a losing season, or at best a .500 finish is too much for the rest of them to take. Between the Hawks and Chargers it seems their spirit has been crushed.
Well there's also the fact that our team is looking like it has a really serious chance at back to back championships. That's gotta sting. :179417:

They disappeared as quickly here as they did from their seats in their great new stadium. It really is funny just how fair weathered of a fan base they are.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":24mouvdu said:
McDaniels would be a great hire, actually. He seems willing to tinker and at least entertain thoughts of Saturday offenses, on Sundays. He had a vision when he drafted Tebow, it didn't work out, but it was a vision none the lest. It makes sense he'd have a vision for Kap then.

As much as I bash Baalke for being a fraud, I cant fault the thought process here.

PS: Is that lil weasel Marvin49 REALLY hiding? Is he not man enough to hang after the debacles?

:D

Nah I'm here.

Was out of town so wasn't posting. Did ya miss me?

McDaniels? Interesting.

NINEster

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2pwx8bfy said:
pehawk":2pwx8bfy said:

Niner fans are still around. Nobody is "hiding".

You guys have a strong team but didn't look so elite in the NFC playoffs last year. You won both games, yes, but not by the margins one would have expected given the regular season blowouts against both teams.

First the Seahawks have to break the ten year curse of SB winners not winning a playoff game the following season. Then they have to run the gauntlet of whomever is out there still standing. Then they have to beat the AFC rep in the Bowl.

It appears by sentiment on this board that anything less than winning SB 49 is going to be a disappoint in Hawkville. That's certainly a lot of pressure.

Niner fans have adjusted to this season's disappointing end. To think any Niner fan was devastated by what happened against San Diego is delusional. These last two losses were more enjoyable games than a fair share of our wins, if that makes any sense.

The whole situation sucks, the rivalry being rubbed in our faces sucks too. But we've been down this road before with other teams. Ultimately a down season was probably needed for this current roster to reload long term.

Seattle and NFL fans are hoping the next coach will be a disaster because if he's not, the Niners can be very scary next season.

Brahn

Reaction score
NINEster":1eu8u2av said:
hawksfansinceday1":1eu8u2av said:
pehawk":1eu8u2av said:

Niner fans are still around. Nobody is "hiding".

You guys have a strong team but didn't look so elite in the NFC playoffs last year. You won both games, yes, but not by the margins one would have expected given the regular season blowouts against both teams.

First the Seahawks have to break the ten year curse of SB winners not winning a playoff game the following season. Then they have to run the gauntlet of whomever is out there still standing. Then they have to beat the AFC rep in the Bowl.

It appears by sentiment on this board that anything less than winning SB 49 is going to be a disappoint in Hawkville. That's certainly a lot of pressure.

Niner fans have adjusted to this season's disappointing end. To think any Niner fan was devastated by what happened against San Diego is delusional. These last two losses were more enjoyable games than a fair share of our wins, if that makes any sense.

The whole situation sucks, the rivalry being rubbed in our faces sucks too. But we've been down this road before with other teams. Ultimately a down season was probably needed for this current roster to reload long term.

Seattle and NFL fans are hoping the next coach will be a disaster because if he's not, the Niners can be very scary next season.

We have the exact same expectations you had at the start of the season for your Niner's. Hawks fans will agree if we do not make the SB or win it will be a let down for sure with this team. Just I am sure your fan base would agree not making the SB or winning, hell not making the playoffs would of been considered "crazy hater talk" at the start of the season.

The Hawks have ruined the Niners and their fans hopes and dreams 4 times in 1 year

NFCCG Loss to the Hawks
Thanksgiving loss to the Hawks
Week 15 Loss to the Hawks
-Eliminated from the playoffs by the Hawks-

This was supposed to be a matchup? Mismatch!"
-Richard Sherman

With all that said I have no idea why your team would get rid of Harbaugh. I mean does the FO of the Niner's not understand they have 5 championships? Surely you would never get rid of a coach with that track record.