So,, now that Philbin's staying...

pehawk

Reaction score
Pretty obvious Harbaugh's going to Oakland, right? Lucky SOB is walking into his 2nd really good job.

That Raiders squad has some NICE young players. All where you want them too (DB, QB, OLB/PR, MLB).

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm surprised he would go there over Chicago because I didn't think he wanted to coach against his brother on a fairly regular basis.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
That Chicago job is a nightmare. That Raiders job is the most attractive in the NFL; young good QB and cap room.

BASF

Reaction score
JSeahawks":p4m3aomw said:
I personally believe that he's already accepted the Michigan job.

This is my thought as well. Eight million a year is very good money and he will no longer have to worry about personality conflicts with upper management, since I am pretty sure their athletic director has no pull just coming into the job.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If it is control Jim wants, Chicago may get rid of Emery and Trestman. Of course, if it is control Jim wants, he would love Michigan. If locale matters, then he goes to the Raiders.
I wonder if Atlanta fires smith, his team has shown some grit.

The guy who should be one and done, but won't be, is Lovie Smith. And somebody, either payton or Loomis, should pack up and go for the New Orleans debacle. Gruden too, why they thought his gruff style would work with the annointed knee I do not know.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2zaf4gri said:
Pretty obvious Harbaugh's going to Oakland, right? Lucky SOB is walking into his 2nd really good job.

That Raiders squad has some NICE young players. All where you want them too (DB, QB, OLB/PR, MLB).

They have very few nice young players but there's a lot of potential there given resources and draft picks.

Only $88m against the cap next year and a further $10m+ if they cut LaMarr Woodley and Matt Schaub as can be expected.

In a cap that could exceed $140m they should have over $60m worth of room. With a promising young QB entering their second year that's pretty colossal. I could see them being the best team in that division in a couple of years. Denver will probably be without Manning and their cap could start getting difficult to operate. Especially when they'll probably be extending D.Thomas and J.Thomas next year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Some head coach is going to really pad his resume "coaching" Carr. Kid has awesome instincts. And they are likely to be in LA soon. Which will bring free agents they have to pay top dollar for right now.

Did you know Mark Davis flies to LA every two weeks for hair cuts? I shit you not. Swear to god, I thought he did that to himself to save money or something.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":mu2rhsp0 said:
Some head coach is going to really pad his resume "coaching" Carr. Kid has awesome instincts. And they are likely to be in LA soon. Which will bring free agents they have to pay top dollar for right now.

Did you know Mark Davis flies to LA every two weeks for hair cuts? I shit you not. Swear to god, I thought he did that to himself to save money or something.

"What will it be Mr Davis, the "Pete Rose" again? Or, would you like a little flair, the "autistic kindergartener"?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":37d9rvmf said:
Scottemojo":37d9rvmf said:

"What will it be Mr Davis, the "Pete Rose" again? Or, would you like a little flair, the "autistic kindergartener"?
I just figure he keeps that cut to recapture some magical moment from his childhood. I wonder if he was a frequenter of Neverland Ranch?

Largent80

Reaction score
That Oakland stadium is probably the worst in all of football, and of course the team may end up moving, while the team may or may not be up and coming there is a lot of things that are undesirable about Oakland.