If Hawks and Pats lock horns in the SB....

DrDix

Reaction score
They don't seem to understand that against this defense you have to fight for every single yard, inch, centimeter.

They also don't account for the game changer that DangeRuss.

People still don't understand he is the best player on the field every time he is on it. He is a play waiting to happen.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Some pretty informed fans there for the most part but to say Arizona's defense isn't elite isn't that smart.

Barakas

Reaction score
It's very funny to me that two months ago the Seahawks had "The toughest 6 game stretch of anyone in the entire league ahead of them". Now that we've gone through the gauntlet and are one win away from #1 seed it's all, "Well look at the horrible QBs that Seattle has played against, anyone could win those games".

I love it....feed off it LOB....FEED!!!!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If we look great on the way to a Super Bowl appearance and the Pats get in as well, I can't wait to see their discussion at that point. You KNOW they're gonna be nervous as hell, even if they don't want to admit it. :D

mikeak

Reaction score
I would love playing the Pats and us getting five PIs against Browner.
The irony would be unbeatable

mikeak

Reaction score
Barakas":zpw0nuwl said:
It's very funny to me that two months ago the Seahawks had "The toughest 6 game stretch of anyone in the entire league ahead of them". Now that we've gone through the gauntlet and are one win away from #1 seed it's all, "Well look at the horrible QBs that Seattle has played against, anyone could win those games".

I love it....feed off it LOB....FEED!!!!

Not going to say that anyone can beat them as AZ win against good teams but let's be honest - SF was not what we expected and AZ beat St Louis in a horrible game (from the offense perspective) the week before.

What they forget in that thread is that this team has come together since the Dallas loss. The offense has to me looked much improved over the past four weeks. And of course many of them has forgotten that we already beat them once 2 years ago...

themunn

Reaction score
If the Dolphins can beat the Patriots and the Chiefs put up 41 points on them too (this is my favourite part of that thread, that somehow by losing to KC we are not as strong as we look, but for New England it doesn't even register), then we will smash them.

See how ridiculous that looks? That is ancient history in the world of the NFL, just like our games against San Diego, Dallas, St Louis and KC.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The narrative on the Hawks going into the playoffs is they haven't played a good QB since they lost to the Cowboys. It's so stupidly predictable it's laughable at this point.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I read the whole thread. It's always interesting to read the few guys who understand the Hawks' current situation and are a voice of reason vs. the many other fools who want to talk about losses to the Chiefs and Chargers. It's also fun to read the delusional dopes who discount what the offense does because they all came from "big plays." Right, those 79 yards Marshawn got against the Cards didn't mean anything.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
No one realizes how physical the Seahawks are until they actually face them...or their favorite team does. They strive not just to win the game but beat the opponent down. The one thing many of the teams don't account for is the team speed. The Seahawks are bigger, faster, and louder.

With that said, I think a Pats vs. Seahawks superbowl would be a great game.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Kraft may live to regret not giving Pete a fair shot but he has had plenty of success with the hoodie. It would be a good game and like most of the Seahawks games they would get worn down and out in the second half. I think Beast punishes physically with each run but Wilson steals peoples legs and stamina by the end of the game. I see a lot of we will match up Gronk on Sherman thoughts not happening. Gronk is used to punishing secondaries well meet the secondary who punishes each catch.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2skqoycb said:

changing of the guard...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1zsv30yi said:
No one realizes how physical the Seahawks are until they actually face them...or their favorite team does. They strive not just to win the game but beat the opponent down. The one thing many of the teams don't account for is the team speed. The Seahawks are bigger, faster, and louder.

I think it would be a great story, lousy game.

I think the AFC team with the people to give us a semblence of a game would by Pittsburgh. Ben can shed a good pass rush, he has 2 WR that are in the mold of guys who have given our D fits, and Leveon is the type of RB who has given us trouble.

But their D is so beatable. I think it would be the best SB the AFC can furnish.

pehawk

Reaction score
Agree on Pitt, I see them going on a run. Tomlin is an underrated dude, who should carry Samuel Jackson's wallet from Pulp Fiction. Haley is also showing he's legit. He's in a zone, last time he was in a zone, was 2007.

NINEster

Reaction score
They've already been shell shocked by losing to the Giants 3 straight times (2 SBs and a regular season game). Already they lost 3 out of their last 4 to the NFC West, only beating the Rams. All losses were very close though.

I'd say most knowledgeable Patriots fans are fully aware of their vulnerability to lose.

At the same time, you have to give it up to Belichick and Brady in the big games. They always find a way to make the games tough, even when it looks like they don't belong. I thought the Giants were the better team in their last SB yet the Patriots were very close to putting that game away and winning it if Brady could have connected to Welker.

Unlike a Peyton Manning led team like the Broncos the Patriots have the ability to rise up to the occasion.

It would make for a very good SB if the two teams met. Still a ways off, and nobody knows how either of the AFC or NFC playoffs will play out just yet.

endzorn

Reaction score
Kind of funny that some people are saying the Patriots fans are uninformed about the Seahawks and then completely dismiss the AFCs one seed as though they wouldn't even be a speed bump.