NFC West week 17

ringless

Reaction score
As things stand

Seattle 11-4
Arizona 11-4
SF 7-8
STL 6-9

St. Louis will travel to the link to finish out their season in what looks like is going to be a blowout. Seattle is peaking at just the right time and look primed to make another Super Bowl run at just the right time. Their defense may be even playing better than it was last year which doesn't bode well for the rest of the league. The Rams have really fallen off after it appeared they had been coming together and again are showing signs of a Fisher coached team with their undisciplined play and penalties. Last week it appeared they were intentionally trying to injure players and if I were the Seahawks once I had this game wrapped up I would be replacing everyone I could for protection. Not saying that thats what the Rams are doing at this point but last week was a little questionable.

The Cardinals will travel to visit the 49ers in Santa Clara where is looks like they will have yet another loss. Stanton may be done for the season and has been in the hospital for 3 days now, and the Cardinals have already been handed their death sentence and have been given two weeks left to live. It's stage 4, however this week they play another team with a terminal illness that is stage 4 and most likely will not be in remission next season themselves. This is a game that I think the 49ers win, and they win it big to close out their season at 8-8......... Lindley will try to break his own record again for most passes without a touchdown..... 225 currently, can he make it to 250? He is only 6 away from passing the next closest player by 100 pass attempts. Tune in to find out!

Of course there are other possibilities that are highly unlikely! The Rams upsetting the Seahawks at the link, while Lindley gets his first touchdown in his 3 year career to lead the Cardinals to victory to send of Harbaugh on his farewell tour

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Reporter:
How do you feel about your passing record

Lindley
All I can really say about that is I have a record in the NFL.... Not a lot of people can say that, not even Peyton comes close to this one....

Reporter:
Do you think you are going to be able to be successful in the redzone and lead your team to some touchdowns?

Lindley:
First of all, thats hard to answer. Been in the league three years I've never seen the redzone, heard about it though so maybe it exists, maybe it doesn't, and I don't know what the hell a touchdown is.. Never participated... Look the field stops at the 1, thats what the line is for. We always want the shortest field possible

el capitan

Reaction score
I actually feel bad for you dude, as fun as it was watching the Cards get curb stomped by the Hawks, to have what was once such a promising season end with a wild card loss to the 7 win Falcons/Panthers....boy that must suck.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
el capitan":2fpra338 said:
I actually feel bad for you dude, as fun as it was watching the Cards get curb stomped by the Hawks, to have what was once such a promising season end with a wild card loss to the 7 win Falcons/Panthers....boy that must suck.
I agree. Regardless of whatever Palmer's situation ends up being they seriously need to draft an actual replacement for him unless they like being just like Houston?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ringless":i94uu4y9 said:
Reporter:

Lindley
All I can really say about that is I have a record in the NFL.... Not a lot of people can say that, not even Peyton comes close to this one....

Reporter:
Do you think you are going to be able to be successful in the redzone and lead your team to some touchdowns?

Lindley:
First of all, thats hard to answer. Been in the league three years I've never seen the redzone, heard about it though, I heard that Santa exists, the Easter Bunny exists...so maybe it exists, maybe it doesn't, and I don't know what the hell a touchdown is.. Never participated... Look the field stops at the 1, thats what the line is for. We always want the shortest field possible

Fixed it Fer ya.
In all truthfulness....I agree with mizhawk, you need a QB as bad as the Rams. Your team showed great promise early and still has a bleeder hurting them. If you suture it...well...a MASH unit is on standby. I kinda hope yall beat up on the niners and any given sunday.....Good Luck.

drdiags

Reaction score
Usually the team that has something to play for at the end of the year wins the final game of the regular season.

I expect the Rams to play well and for the game to be close for awhile. In the end I expect the Seahawks to win. If the Rams pull the upset, things will quickly turn from euphoria to suicide watches across the fan base.

49ers have better offensive play than the Cardinals but was shocked to see them allow the Chargers to overcome that large deficit and win in OT. Maybe Logan Thomas gets more than one play this time and he actually can capture magic? Doubt it, so smart money would say the 9ers close out the season with a win. I just don't know what to expect from this game.

lucky49

Reaction score
don't be too sure about the niners winning. craig dahl is starting at safety for us. And he is the tim tebow of DBs. Seriously i don't care who the cardinals qb and te are, they will easily expose him. He is that bad

el capitan

Reaction score
lucky49":tj5sos5x said:
don't be too sure about the niners winning. craig dahl is starting at safety for us. And he is the tim tebow of DBs. Seriously i don't care who the cardinals qb and te are, they will easily expose him. He is that bad

225 pass attempts, no touchdowns. That's an NFL record. You don't need DB's when you're up against Ryan Lindley.

taco40

Reaction score
Maybe the Cardinals could trade for Sam Bradford. :th2thumbs:

:les:

Maulbert

Reaction score
el capitan":qq4zxlk5 said:
lucky49":qq4zxlk5 said:

225 pass attempts, no touchdowns. That's an NFL record. You don't need DB's when you're up against Ryan Lindley.

I don't know what's more stunning. The fact that he's gone that long without a TD pass, or that Arizona let him throw the ball 44 times.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lucky49":huegokmh said:
So you are saying that Dahl throws like a girl too?

No offense to Mizzou, Red Alice or any female with the previous sentence as I'm sure they have better throw mechanics than Tebow.

jkitsune

Reaction score
ringless":32m56v6a said:
Reporter:

Lindley

Reporter:

Lindley:
First of all, thats hard to answer. Been in the league three years I've never seen the redzone, heard about it though so maybe it exists, maybe it doesn't, and I don't know what the hell a touchdown is.. Never participated... Look the field stops at the 1, thats what the line is for. We always want the shortest field possible

If this were real, it would be hilarious, and I'd respect the hell out of it. Takes a lot of character to be able to laugh at yourself like that.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Week 17 - final week for Rams fans in what has been a wildly inconsistent year.

Rams @ Hawks. Would love to see them finish the season on a positive note by playing good, smart and strong football, without stupid penalties and mistakes and without fighting. Win or lose, that is what I'm hoping for. Hawks are playing very good right now, so I expect them to win. But, will root for the Rams to win as long as it's possible. :D

Cards @ Niners. Maybe the announcement that Harbaugh is gone for Michigan will affect the game and give the Cards a chance to win even w Lindley. Maybe he will throw a TD. If he doesn't, I don't see them winning - but go Cards!

I hate having to wait until 1:25 to watch the game. Guess I will root for the Chargers in the early game.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Congrats Hawks! Good game overall....the better team won today. I am happy to see that the Rams played strong with no fighting and minimal penalties. The mistakes are things to fix, and that was a horrid 4th quarter - but the game had a lot of positive for the Rams, and certainly more than the one last year.

No dirty play or fighting, much to the chagrin of many here.

Good luck in the play-offs!

homerun1970

Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats. Rams are a special D up front man can you bring pressure. It was a closer game than I hoped to start and I think your teams star is on the rise. Fisher being stuck on Bradford may be the big factor holding you back, I would hate to see him succeed though. Glad to see you post always read it when I see your name your a level headed fan.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thanks RedAlice. Appreciated.
Ringless....thanks for doing this. You are a cool individual on this net. Keep coming around like RedAlice. both are top notch. Thanks. Peace and happiness and Happy New Year.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2l2exzbe said:
Thanks RedAlice. Appreciated.
Ringless....thanks for doing this. You are a cool individual on this net. Keep coming around like RedAlice. both are top notch. Thanks. Peace and happiness and Happy New Year.
:13: Looking forward to seeing both of you around these parts.