Josh Gordon suspended by Cleveland

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":28q5fbcb said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/27/browns-suspend-josh-gordon-for-violating-team-rules/

there's one problem child I'd be willing to take a risk on. Cleveland isn't managed very well, i wonder what being around Pete, the LoB, and Russell could do for Gordon.
I'd take a chance if it's there especially since I don't see Dallas letting Dez just walk. Another I'd love to see us take a shot at getting somehow would be Brandon Marshall (never happen though).

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Who knows. It worked for percy harvin. :sarcasm_off:

MB12

Reaction score
Mike Silver tweeted: "I'm told Johnny Manziel and Josh Gordon were both absent from the Browns' walkthrough today."

Factory of Sadness

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MB12":2ia0w4os said:
Mike Silver tweeted: "I'm told Johnny Manziel and Josh Gordon were both absent from the Browns' walkthrough today."

Factory of Sadness
Manziel will be a bust he just isn't big enough, fast enough or dedicated enough to do what it takes to be a successful NFL quarterback. He just doesn't have anything that would be considered in the plus category like Wilson's dedication, Kaepernick's legs, Brady's release, Manning's mind or River's competitiveness.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Manziel is on IR isn't he? He doesn't have to be there then right?

Also
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 8m8 minutes ago
Source says Browns management thought it was prudent to take this opportunity to prevent Josh Gordon from gaining accrued season toward FA

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawksSoc":2s8st0gk said:
Manziel is on IR isn't he? He doesn't have to be there then right?

Also
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 8m8 minutes ago
Source says Browns management thought it was prudent to take this opportunity to prevent Josh Gordon from gaining accrued season toward FA
You can't make this stuff up!! Just wow, so I guess the deal will be to franchise him and then let him walk because they pretty much poisoned the well with this move.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/548911215972716545[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/548916701640019968[/tweet]

How do you like him now.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/548918107990130689[/tweet]

And the good new is ........ [tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/548923885169553408[/tweet]

SeatownJay

Reaction score
OkieHawk":mhexvlnv said:
I feel bad for the Browns as they simply can't catch a break.
I don't feel bad for the Browns at all, the vast majority of their issues are self-inflicted.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I assume they signed Phil Bates off the practice squad because the Hawks were planning to sign him to their 53 man roster this week or not week before the playoffs with Kearse injured. That's the Brown's MO dealing with the Seahawks. Not sure the reason why all the bad blood between these organizations.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":uibs27f3 said:
I assume they signed Phil Bates off the practice squad because the Hawks were planning to sign him to their 53 man roster this week or not week before the playoffs with Kearse injured. That's the Brown's MO dealing with the Seahawks. Not sure the reason why all the bad blood between these organizations.
If there is bad blood between the two (I don't see it) it would have come from the Holmgren connection. In my opinion I think it's the opposite and that we're on good terms with them much like Minnesota. Good for Bates at least there he's on the 53 man roster with a chance to compete for playing time in real games.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
OkieHawk":35fxwx18 said:
I feel bad for the Browns as they simply can't catch a break.

I generally feel bad for Browns fan (although not the Browns), but if they really did this to futz with his time to FA it's damn near impossible to feel bad for the Browns, and hard to even feel bad for their long-suffering fans giving that they're rooting for an org that is doing this.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Trrrroy":3753nytz said:
Who knows. It worked for percy harvin. :sarcasm_off:

First thing I thought of too when seeing that response to this news. Glad someone else said it first. :lol:

Jville

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":1rerq9dw said:

It is my understanding that after being in Seattle for a couple of years, Bates chose to sign with Cleveland in hopes of making their 53 man roster. That has now happen. Bates is a good guy.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Jville":35j3m4zt said:
CalgaryHawk":35j3m4zt said:

It is my understanding that after being in Seattle for a couple of years, Bates chose to sign with Cleveland in hopes of making their 53 man roster. That has now happen. Bates is a good guy.

Yeah, I don't see it as bad blood at all either. They had a hole that they needed to fill. Good teams get their PS poached from because they're good teams, and more often than not are more likely than bad teams to have some talent hiding out on them (or at least this is the belief).

Jville

Reaction score
If I recall correctly and by way of clarity, the last time Phil Bates was waved for purposes of resigning to the practice squad, Cleveland offered a spot on their practice squad as an option. Phil chose Cleveland's practice squad over Seattle in hopes of breaking the cycle and getting on the field. Today's move was a promotion for Bates from the Browns practice squad to the Browns 53 man roster.

cdallan

Reaction score
Jville":1xr20igo said:
If I recall correctly and by way of clarity, the last time Phil Bates was waved for purposes of resigning to the practice squad, Cleveland offered a spot on their practice squad as an option. Phil chose Cleveland's practice squad over Seattle in hopes of breaking the cycle and getting on the field. Today's move was a promotion for Bates from the Browns practice squad to the Browns 53 man roster.

Any time you get the chance to catch passes from Conan Sharp, you have to take it.