Report: 49ers expect Harbaugh to accept Michigan offer

Jville

Reaction score
Pete had nothing to do with it.

Squeezing Harbaugh out of Santa Clara was an inside job.

Marvin49

Reaction score
And he was gonna stay at Stanford or take he Miami job before he signed in SF.

My guess is this is a long way from being resolved and will be a roller coaster before it finishes.

I say that BTW with that being my much preferred resolution to any NFL job where the Niners would have to face him.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Jville":4b8qmrsr said:
Pete had nothing to do with it.

Squeezing Harbaugh out of Santa Clara was an inside job.

Don't come in here with facts .. let me have my hyperbole/homer moment.

:D

If this is true though.. what a coup for Michigan.. and what a disaster for San Fran. Won't even get a draft pick out of it. Jed York is going to be a fun owner.

Random sidenote: York/Baalke's 2nd choice for coach last time was Mike Mularkey.. so I'm sure the 49ers are in great hands here.

drdiags

Reaction score
If the choice is Michigan or the Raiders, I am probably taking the Wolverines job. Wife may have wanted to stay in the Bay but until Mark Davis figures out his stadium and FO options, I am staying away from him. They could end up in LA so that wouldn't provide the wife much more than another year in the Bay area.

This is all assuming the report is close to reality. I think these guys write stuff just to be the first ones out there. We will have Black Monday soon enough.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Whoa, what? D-Baugh to Michigan???????

For 3 months Melvin was jumping up and down red faced and screaming this WAS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

When this happens will Melvin admit he was wrong without preambles and qualifying statements?

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":16na98ze said:
Back to school for Jimmy boy.

Ringless.

6 years 48 million, ya I'm sure he's just devastated about going to Michigan "ringless".

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ajuzpnd6 said:

For 3 months Melvin was jumping up and down red faced and screaming this WAS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

When this happens will Melvin admit he was wrong without preambles and qualifying statements?

Well in Marv's defense (snicker, snicker) it hasn't been made "official" yet.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
drdiags":3qv135fn said:
If the choice is Michigan or the Raiders, I am probably taking the Wolverines job. Wife may have wanted to stay in the Bay but until Mark Davis figures out his stadium and FO options, I am staying away from him. They could end up in LA so that wouldn't provide the wife much more than another year in the Bay area.

This is all assuming the report is close to reality. I think these guys write stuff just to be the first ones out there. We will have Black Monday soon enough.
Very good point Doc, that I think most of us glossed over (the stadium issue).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3jxk3dvf said:
Sports Hernia":3jxk3dvf said:

Keyword in my statement "When". :)

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1abjfdln said:
lvnginhwktwn":1abjfdln said:
Sports Hernia":1abjfdln said:

Keyword in my statement "When". :)

We're talking Marv here aka "The spin Dr." Don't hold your breath waiting on that apology.

Marvin49

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1y4cl2n3 said:
Sports Hernia":1y4cl2n3 said:

Still don't think it'll happen.

If it does, I'll be happy to be wrong. I'd much rather he end up a Wolverine than a Raider.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":2zz5b50e said:
lvnginhwktwn":2zz5b50e said:
Sports Hernia":2zz5b50e said:

If it does, I'll be happy to be wrong. I'd much rather he end up a Wolverine than a Raider.

Really Marv? I would think you would want Harbaugh to go to the Raiders because then Baalke would get another draft pick he can whiff on. Although I doubt any team (even the raiders) is dumb enough to trade for a coach that is going to be fired.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1m9gjg36 said:
lvnginhwktwn":1m9gjg36 said:
Sports Hernia":1m9gjg36 said:

To quote Nipsey Russell......... "Rigggggggggghhhhhhhttt"!

Maulbert

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1yra31e9 said:
Back to school for Jimmy boy.

Ringless.

Well, not completely ringless.

2012nfc.jpg

Though I doubt it will make him feel much better. :lol:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If Harbaugh could've gotten past Carroll, Santa Clara wouldn't have let him leave. The Seahawks beatdowns were the ugliest that the 49ers saw during the Harbaugh era and basically the only blackeye on a stellar run. Whether or not York wanted Jim gone long ago, Carroll's annual holiday butt-whooping of Harbaugh gave York just enough ammo to sell this to his fanbase.

So yeah, I have no problem saying that Pete Carroll chased Harbaugh out of the NFL. This move doesn't happen without Carroll's recent ownage of the 49ers.