Report: Idzik to be fired Monday

lukerguy

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere but I can't find it. Do you think he re-signs with Seattle? There's no question he was a wizard with the cap.

"ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Jets owner Woody Johnson plans to "move swiftly" on Monday, firing both coach Rex Ryan and GM John Idzik."

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
Could be. Obvious Seahawks content. Idzik won't be hired elsewhere as GM, so it doesn't make sense for him to be a candidate for re-hire.

morgulon1

Reaction score
red grenadine":2jqefkhm said:
Dude really didn't get a fair shake in NY

Seems that way at times. Im sure he'll be compensated well for his efforts.

Seafan

Reaction score
He's an accountant not a GM. He has no personnel expertise. The Hawks have moved on well without him. He played the Hawks success off very well. Good for him. He's going to get a nice paid vacation and he'll likely land on his feet as an assistant GM some where.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seafan":29ites9g said:
He's an accountant not a GM. He has no personnel expertise. The Hawks have moved on well without him. He played the Hawks success off very well. Good for him. He's going to get a nice paid vacation and he'll likely land on his feet as an assistant GM some where.
Actually he has a lot of personnel experience. He still had a hand in player evals while here.

rideaducati

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1vk5mjdl said:
Seafan":1vk5mjdl said:
Actually he has a lot of personnel experience. He still had a hand in player evals while here.

I thought he was the cap guru in Seattle.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
rideaducati":cqtn54v1 said:
-The Glove-":cqtn54v1 said:
Seafan":cqtn54v1 said:

I thought he was the cap guru in Seattle.
He was...doesn't mean that's all he knows

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As well as Idzik did in Seattle being a cap guru, he deserved to be fired. Some horrible horrible drafts and personnel decisions.

Maybe we get him back now? I can't see another team hiring him as a GM.

Jville

Reaction score
Idzik was hired to resurrect the Jets from CAP HELL. Rex was retained to maintain marquee value during that process. Missions accomplished ..... they were both fired as fall guys so Woody can once again dawn his white hat and freely play with his toys.