Dallas fans irate, "We deserve the #1 seed"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LOL

Seattle is one of the luckiest teams I can remember in a long time. They play real contenders and go 3-3. Then they have a 10 game stretch where it seems like they play a team starting their 3rd string Qb each week. Then they luck out on a 3 way tie scenario that somehow gives them home field advantage AND they get to play either 6-9-1 Carolina or Arizona with a 4th string Qb. All the while completely missing a 12-4 team in a conference that has 3 12-4 teams until the conference championship game. And one of the 12-4 teams they got the tiebreaker over (Dallas) completely stomped their *** at their stadium earlier in the season

Yeah the Cowboys beating the Jags, Colts, Giants, Eagles, Skins and Bears down the stretch was really impressive!

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":txhr465l said:
LOL

Seattle is one of the luckiest teams I can remember in a long time. They play real contenders and go 3-3. Then they have a 10 game stretch where it seems like they play a team starting their 3rd string Qb each week. Then they luck out on a 3 way tie scenario that somehow gives them home field advantage AND they get to play either 6-9-1 Carolina or Arizona with a 4th string Qb. All the while completely missing a 12-4 team in a conference that has 3 12-4 teams until the conference championship game. And one of the 12-4 teams they got the tiebreaker over (Dallas) completely stomped their *** at their stadium earlier in the season

Yeah the Cowboys beating the Jags, Colts, Giants, Eagles, Skins and Bears down the stretch was really impressive!
They said we went 3-3 vs "real contenders". Here's a fun fact

Record vs playoff teams: Seattle 5-1, Dallas 2-1.

Dallas fans are literally living their entire season off that Week 6 win over us, that was their Super Bowl. Only 2 teams that they beat on the road had more than 6 wins. I mean yes the 8-0 road record is impressive, but nowhere near as impressive as what the 1989/1990 49ers did.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Maybe don't lose to the Redskins AT HOME, then.

And if we're going to the circuitous route, Seattle crushed the Cardinals TWICE while the Cards beat the Cowboys AT HOME.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Seriously?

Cowboys fans? There isn't a 10 second window of my life that I would forfeit to read anything a Cowboys fan had to say.

Most fans are all the same.

"Seattle is lucky"
"They don't have an offense"
"We beat them at some point in a different time"
"If you can stop Lynch, you will win"
"Look who they beat"

But Cowboys fans are beyond.. I won't even list the obvious, but we are talking about Prime Time Choke monsters, these guys have been embarrassed by the Hawks multiple times in the past along with being embarrassed by everyone else in the process. At least win a flipping playoff game you big game blundering idiots.

There is nothing, no reason, no information valuable enough for me to actually read it from a Cowboys fan. I played this game in 2006 and they make me love Niner fans.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
I wonder if Dallas (not the fans) is in danger of looking past Detroit a little too much?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1soumw9l said:
I wonder if Dallas (not the fans) is in danger of looking past Detroit a little too much?

I don't see how that's possible, Dallas has won like one playoff game since their 90's heyday.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1k9868kt said:

Absolutely... Dude, they are Cowboys fans. In their eyes the Super Bowl is already over and Jerrah has paid for the rings to be made.

They forgot that Dallas doesn't have a defense.

Oh.. not the fans... Well it still applies. It is Jerrah's fault too.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Cowboy fans are even worse than 49er fans...at least the 49ers have won a few playoff games since their Glory days..cowboys have done jack crap and are a laughing stock yet are treated by the media like royalty every year even though they suck every year

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2hh16vze said:
Maybe don't lose to the Redskins AT HOME, then.

And if we're going to the circuitous route, Seattle crushed the Cardinals TWICE while the Cards beat the Cowboys AT HOME.

Seattle beat Niners twice too and Niners beat Dallas in Dallas.

Dallas fans really don't have much room to complain there.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Ehhh, silly to complain IMO, but if the situation was exactly reversed we'd be fooling ourselves by pretending some Hawks fan wouldn't take the opportunity to whine about how seeding works too.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":2hsgt8rx said:

What indication do we have that anyone on the team is looking past anyone?

If any team is looking past anyone I'd guess it would be the Hawks given that their first playoff matchup is going to come against a team that's seriously outclassed by the rest of the NFC playoff teams, and probably even a fair number of teams which missed the playoffs (the below .500 Panthers, or 3rd string QB Cardinals who they recently obliterated).

I don't think any team is looking past anyone (that's something that fans do, IMO), but the Super Bowl champ Hawks looking past the Cardinals or Panthers makes a lot more sense than the Cowboys looking past the Lions, IMO.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2y1s7jfk said:
Ehhh, silly to complain IMO, but if the situation was exactly reversed we'd be fooling ourselves by pretending some Hawks fan wouldn't take the opportunity to whine about how seeding works too.

Somehow, I doubt we'd be stupid enough to say this:

why are the Seahawks seeded ahead of us since we have the same record and we beat them head to head?

Because the league, holding an incredible anti-Cowboy bias foresaw this scenario and set up the tiebreakers to favor the Seahawks

:sarcasm_on: Yeah, they foresaw it.

30 years ago. :sarcasm_off:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Eh if the tables were flipped I'm sure we'd have fans that would be crying about it too.

Actually most of the replies in the beginning bring up the official NFL tie breakers, so it seems it's just a small minority that won't let it go.

I will say I have to give credit to this gem

"I just can't remember a Super Bowl champ having such an easy road as they have/had"

Seahawks notable victories:
GB, Denver, Carolina (they're going to the playoffs), Eagles, Arizonax2, SFx2, maybe Rams (given they beat the broncos, us, and Niners earlier in the season)

Dallas notable victories:
Seattle, Eagles, NOLA, Colts (although disinterested)

Maulbert

Reaction score
Dallas had the worst SOS in the NFL this season, 114-142, a .445 win percentage. Of the teams with winning records Dallas beat, only Seattle had a positive SOS at 134-121-1, a .525 win percentage, which was also highest among playoff teams.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":36mnggtv said:
No, and you know why that's not the truth?, because most "Hawks fans" have been on the shitty end of the stick for so long, and listening to Da Boys, and their fans, getting all the love from the Media since the Seahawks conception.
No one, and I mean NO ONE, can out snivel Jerra'h and the Cowboys fans, well.......maybe the 49rs fans.......or Stealers fans :mrgreen:

Maulbert

Reaction score
scutterhawk":25grqywb said:
Popeyejones":25grqywb said:
No, and you know why that's not the truth?, because most "Hawks fans" have been on the shitty end of the stick for so long, and listening to Da Boys, and their fans, getting all the love from the Media since the Seahawks conception.
No one, and I mean NO ONE, can out snivel Jerra'h and the Cowboys fans, well.......maybe the 49rs fans.......or Stealers fans :mrgreen:

Don't forget about Packer fans and the Golden Fleece (fail mary.....god I hate that name.)