Anyone else think Pittsburgh will upset Denver?

Maulbert

Reaction score
I know the Stealers have the Ravens in front of them, but I just have no confidence in Baltimore. I honestly think that right now, Pittsburgh is the only AFC team that has a puncher's chance against New England. Denver and Peyton have just looked done over the last month. It wouldn't shock me if Pittsburgh went into Denver in 2 weeks and beat the Broncos by 2 touchdowns.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Absolutely, unless Bell's injury is serious.

The Steelers have the exact kind of ball control offense that would give Denver fits. Not sure about their D though, VERY soft defensive backfield, Manning might pick them apart.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":wiaiasqy said:
Absolutely, unless Bell's injury is serious.

The Steelers have the exact kind of ball control offense that would give Denver fits. Not sure about their D though, VERY soft defensive backfield, Manning might pick them apart.

Not the way I'd use the word pick in relation to Manning, lately. 3 TD, 6 Int over the last month.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I wouldn't be too hasty on that prediction. In general, a team's overall point differential tells volumes about how good a team they are. Great teams have very large point differentials; weak teams have differentials close to even, and poor teams have negative differentials. Baltimore is an anomaly in that division. Most other divisions fall out as they should have. Even when we were in second, our differential was staggeringly better than Arizona's--it just took the full season to normalize the standings where they logically should have fallen out. There is always an upset or two in the playoffs. Don't be surprised if Baltimore is one this year.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2sm3o1vx said:
I wouldn't be too hasty on that prediction. In general, a team's overall point differential tells volumes about how good a team they are. Great teams have very large point differentials; weak teams have differentials close to even, and poor teams have negative differentials. Baltimore is an anomaly in that division. Most other divisions fall out as they should have. Even when we were in second, our differential was staggeringly better than Arizona's--it just took the full season to normalize the standings where they logically should have fallen out. There is always an upset or two in the playoffs. Don't be surprised if Baltimore is one this year.

Baltimore was blown out by Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh this year, and looked really average on offense against middling to bad defenses late in the season.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Denver hasn't beaten anybody good this year. I could easily see this scenario happening.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't see them even winning against Baltimore so obviously not. :)

I think Baltimore is a far more balanced team then Pittsburgh and has ability to get the pash rush and downfield passing that can handle Pittsburgh and gut their secondary. If the Laveon Bell injury is in any way bad it changes everything.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Broncos imo are the 3rd of 4th weakest winners in that conference (Colts are overrated). The D will have to win the games or the offence will have to get help from the refs. Manning will only throw slants and Anderson will run the ball and likely make a mistake. Any pass attempts passed 15 or 20 yards downfield will look like a wounded duck and likely be up for grabs going the other way. I would rather not see another Manning vs Brady game...yawn!

rideaducati

Reaction score
The stealers are the most schizophrenic team in the league this year. They lost games to the worst teams in the league and beat middling teams. You never know what they're gonna do.

homerun1970

Reaction score
I didn't know they would get me bounced from Mizz's contest by choking to the Bucs. I do however think they are going to be a match for Denver and wouldn't be surprised if they bounce them. Peyton is never a lock in the playoffs and hasn't even been playing up to his regular season form.

OrFan

Reaction score
I see the Steelers as being similar to our own team in that they were up and down big time to start the season. Like us they have gotten stronger as the season went on. Both of our teams lost to teams they should not have.

I see it playing out exactly as the op stated. Baltimore, in my opinion, shouldn't be any problem at all for them. I believe Denver will fall to whatever team they play.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I seriously hope they do beat the Ravens, Donkeys and then the Pats cuz I so badly want to see the Hawks totally kick their ass in the SB it ain't even funny. Go Stealers!

If Bell is healthy enough they can beat Baltimore and Denver but I have serious doubts about NE.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1mgwqgvb said:

I think Baltimore is a far more balanced team then Pittsburgh and has ability to get the pash rush and downfield passing that can handle Pittsburgh and gut their secondary. If the Laveon Bell injury is in any way bad it changes everything.

Baltimore's secondary is complete ass due to injuries (with Matt Elam playing ridiculously bad) and they're playing on the road. Neither one of these teams is predictably decent and it's a division game so my best guess is that it will be a hot mess and whoever screws up less wins.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1acx1ikc said:
MizzouHawkGal":1acx1ikc said:

Baltimore's secondary is complete ass due to injuries (with Matt Elam playing ridiculously bad) and they're playing on the road. Neither one of these teams is predictably decent and it's a division game so my best guess is that it will be a hot mess and whoever screws up less wins.
Yeah I didn't factor that in truthfully both teams are so up and down you can see the game going any way possible. I've see Pittsburgh more then Baltimore and the one thing I do know about them is if you can pass the ball you have a very good chance of beating them especially if your defense can tackle on those short routes Pittsburgh loves to do.

And Baltimore being Baltimore means that on any given day Flacco can be a world beater against anybody.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think the AFCCG is NE v. Pittsburgh .. Bell's injury doesn't mean the Ravens will figure out how to cover Antonio Brown and not have Flacco stink