Ndamukong Suh suspended (UPDATE: SUSPENSION OVERTURNED)

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pending appeal.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/549650987078909953[/tweet]

UPDATE: per Sgt. Largent's post below:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/550053406485016576[/tweet]

Cyrus12

Reaction score
figures...makes it a little easier for the boys to advance...and not to mention Rodgers is one of the golden boys of the league. Guess Suh's history did not allow for proving actual intent on that stomp...Either way Suh has likely played his last game in Detroit and cost his team any shot at advancing!

lsheldon

Reaction score
Will he play again in Detroit? Or will Bill Bellichick, Sean Payton, or Jeff Fischer decide they need more of his type of moxy on their teams and need to go after him?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
lsheldon":1tzw5953 said:
Will he play again in Detroit? Or will Bill Bellichick, Sean Payton, or Jeff Fischer decide they need more of his type of moxy on their teams and need to go after him?
His price tag will be high I wish there was was some way we could be in the sweepstakes.

lsheldon

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":zzpr1uwe said:
lsheldon":zzpr1uwe said:
His price tag will be high I wish there was was some way we could be in the sweepstakes.

You think Carroll could take the dirty player out of him? Cause if he couldn't I wouldn't want him on our team, and I don't think our players would want that type of player on our team either.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
So Suh gets suspended because Rodgers is a pussy. Rodgers should get suspended for drama, getting carted off the field to only come back and "will" his team to a win. Who does that in real life? No one. It isn't any different than Michael Jordan battling the worst flu that anyone has every had in the history of the virus and willing his team to a win. It's a good story but it's all bullshit and will continue to be bullshit.

In the NFL you can target a guys head coming over the middle and draw a 15 yard penalty and a hefty fine, but if you step on a quarterbacks foot you miss a playoff game? WTF!!

I don't care how dirty of a player Suh is. Getting suspended for a playoff game for this is stupid.

Largent80

Reaction score
storm74":1r7qnw11 said:
So Suh gets suspended because Rodgers is a pussy. Rodgers should get suspended for drama, getting carted off the field to only come back and "will" his team to a win. Who does that in real life? No one. It isn't any different than Michael Jordan battling the worst flu that anyone has every had in the history of the virus and willing his team to a win. It's a good story but it's all bullshit and will continue to be bullshit.

In the NFL you can target a guys head coming over the middle and draw a 15 yard penalty and a hefty fine, but if you step on a quarterbacks foot you miss a playoff game? WTF!!

I don't care how dirty of a player Suh is. Getting suspended for a playoff game for this is stupid.

Nice post Dobby, and I agree 1,000,000,000%

253hawk

Reaction score
Albert Haynesworth got 5 games for stepping on someone, only he was more obvious about it. 1 game is a gift, considering the NFL didn't take Suh's dirty history into account when weighing the punishment.

Quit white-knighting trash. You sound like a bunch of Rams fans defending scumbag play.

ivotuk

Reaction score
253hawk":n4014004 said:
Albert Haynesworth got 5 games for stepping on someone, only he was more obvious about it. 1 game is a gift, considering the NFL didn't take Suh's dirty history into account when weighing the punishment.

Quit white-knighting trash. You sound like a bunch of Rams fans defending scumbag play.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and there is no scale to prove that one opinion is more valuable than another.

In fact, opposing opinions are what discussion boards are all about.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Kudos to the NFL for making the correct decision. Suh knew what he was doing. He may claim no intent but if you watch the video, the play ends with one foot on Rodgers. After moving that foot off, he uses his forward foot to step back on him again. This guy is a great player but he's got issues upstairs (a few screws seem to be loose).

Cyrus12

Reaction score
storm74":21xgipjn said:

haha...well said about Rogers. We will hear nothing but how he is pushing through severe injury to lead his team to glory...another feel good story...

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
ivotuk":j73hdg9t said:
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion,True and there is no scale to prove that one opinion is more valuable than another. False

In fact, opposing opinions are what discussion boards are all about.True

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Even my new/old level headed cowboy fan boss say the league is helping *allas by this suspension, a point he brought up BTW. If it was Russell, Carr or another "non golden boy QB" and Detroit not playing "a golden team" he doesn't get suspended, maybe a fine at worst.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
10636492_847265358653487_6836265456848164751_o.jpg

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3cfccugt said:
lsheldon":3cfccugt said:
If that's the case, let's get Harvin back and Josh Gordon.

irocdave

Reaction score
Dude should have got the boot for a game, seriously, did he think nobody would notice and cameras wouldn't pick it up? Talk about arrogance. That said he is a stud D lineman and would love to see him on Seattle minus the dumb stuff. He is challenging the suspension / fine so maybe he plays against the cowgirls?

As for Rodgers being carted off the field, how many times does the rapist in the Stealers uni get scraped off the field, crying, wincing, wriggling in career ending pain and then return to the field a play later? That guy is a drama queen. Rodgers, not so much. They carted his ass in to he locker room and shot his calf up with pain killers (tortole?) big time. I don't see Rodgers in the light insinuated in the prior posts. Dude is a gamer, cant blame him for the NFL applying Jordan Rules to him.

irocdave

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3ghceeua said:
storm74":3ghceeua said:

haha...well said about Rogers. We will hear nothing but how he is pushing through severe injury to lead his team to glory...another feel good story...

I get where this is coming from but man, try and put yourself in the same shoes. Feeling great physical pain is a no joke eye opener even when your in top physical condition. Fortunately / unfortunately I have been in this situation a couple of times. When you haven't felt that kind of pain before you turtle. That's the human nature, even in the NFL. If it happens in the NFL, you get hauled to the "locker room" immediately and are told it's not serious, just need a couple of shots to get you through it. The shots are pain killers, you know it, the doc knows it and you both know why what's happening is happening. If it was anyone else besides a professional athlete, what's happening wouldn't be happening. Yes, money plays in to it, but when it's happening to you is that what's going through your mind?

Latest posts