Brag about your 2014 Season predictions

rastahawk

Reaction score
Okay so since I am a West Coast guy, at the start of the season I predicted the Niners and the Chargers wouldn't get into the playoffs. The pre-season/off-field drama I thought was too much for the Niners to weather for the entire season. By mid season I felt like an idiot then they turned into the team I thought they would be. Here we are post-Harbaugh. Crazy.

Since I live in Charger country I am a Charger hater. Through my unbiased colored glasses I thought they backed into the playoffs last season and their division belongs to the Broncos. Right up to the last game of the season I felt semi-stupid but alas they lost to the Chiefs and Phil Rivers and his San Diego Super Chargers miss the playoffs. I am a bit surprised only one team from that division got through.

My whiffs were that I picked the Bears for the NFC North. Swing and a miss.

I picked the Eagles for the NFC South. Close but no cigar.

For my Hawks I predicted we go no worse than 12-4. Happy it panned out that way!!!

Repeat...

Lithium

Reaction score
I had a Denver/Seattle Superbowl again, just like I predicted before last year.

homerun1970

Reaction score
:D Close on the Eagles winning the NFC south???? Actually you are correct they surely would have if they were in the division.

OP
OP
rastahawk

rastahawk

Reaction score
homerun1970":22824pzv said:
:D Close on the Eagles winning the NFC south???? Actually you are correct they surely would have if they were in the division.

Hehe... yeah I meant NFC East. I can't even remember what I predicted for the NFC South. I don't think anyone saw what eventually came out of the South this year. I'm still kind of in disbelief of how horrible the Saints and Falcons were.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Yeah just had to bust chops a little. That division was horrible but amazingly Carolina looks like they may be ready to play a little bit of ball. If they off the Cards Roger is going to have a hard time saying they don't belong. Shades of a 7-9 team that won.

kearly

Reaction score
I thought the Browns, Bucs, and Vikings would be surprise teams this year.

I thought Golden Tate would have big numbers in Detroit. I thought Seattle's punt returning would be non-existent.

I thought Seattle would earn the #1 seed again, though I was off by 4 losses.

I thought Johnny Manziel and Jadevon Clowney would win RoY easily. I did retract the Manziel one after seeing his first preseason game, it was that bad.

I thought Jim Harbaugh would be gone after the year.

I thought our offense would soar to new heights with Percy Harvin being healthy.

I thought Robert Turbin was pretty bad. Now I think he's pretty solid.

OrFan

Reaction score
This is all I predicted, I was off with our losses by 3 games. The rest of it I still stand by.

Re: Official 2014 Prediction Thread

I'll make it simple.

Our only loss being @49ers.

15-1 regular season.

We beat the Packers in the NFC CG and beat the Patriots in the SB.

pehawk

Reaction score
I thought the best offseason hires were; Lovie, Gary Kubiak, Munchek and Tedford. Bad whiff on the 1st and last.

I had Browns, Texans, Vikes, and Bills as my upstarts.

Thought Teddy was best QB in draft, by a good margin. Loved Bortles and Manziel long term.

Did the Trufant from the 2013 draft prove he was best of that class yet? That's one I wanted 2014 to solidify.

Ummm, went after a few local twitperts that the Rams are not scary and the Niners had the greatest chance of an elite team who's wheels fall off and go to shit.

Told ya guys the Cowboys are a problem for Seattle and the Bills would beat the Pack.

OP
OP
rastahawk

rastahawk

Reaction score
kearly":4srri6kf said:
I thought our offense would soar to new heights with Percy Harvin being healthy.

Boy weren't we all looking forward to that! Esp after the few nuggets I saw in the Super Bowl. Surviving that whole ordeal is a real testament to the strength and character of this team.

OP
OP
rastahawk

rastahawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1q3i9bft said:
I had Browns, Texans, Vikes, and Bills as my upstarts.

I liked the Texans a lot (secretly because I kinda sorta hate the Colts). But with Fitzy at the helm they were cursed from the start. How many starting gigs has that guy had anyway? I was excited when Mallet started but that ended fast.

Bridgewater was a stud for the Vikes. But we were all left to wonder what would have been if AP hadn't been suspended.

I was intrigued by the Browns but it became clear that Johnny kinda sucks. Can't believe I wasted a morning watching him start for the first time.....

ringless

Reaction score
I had our division correct

Seattle
AZ
SF
STL

But that's as far as I went

Ruminator

Reaction score
I had predicted that "...2014 will be the season of parity with more 9-7, 8-8, and 7-9 records than any prior season." Didn't happen. Of 32 teams, only nine finished 9-7, 8-8, or 7-9 (and one finished 7-8-1). Interesting, however, that the best record is "only" 12-4, shared by five teams.

From 2008 'til 2013 at least one team finished with 13-3 or 14-2. None finished 15-1. (Guess who had the best record in 2008? Google it.)

And 2007, the year the Pats went 16-0, Seahawks won the NFC-W division at 10-6.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
My predictions good and bad.

AFC
NE will edge out Den for the #1 seed due to the head to head regular season matchup being in Foxborough.

Due to the HFA gained by defeating Denver in the regular season, NE will win the AFC Championship Game.

Rest of the AFC... didn't care enough to make predictions.

NFCW
Seahawks and Cardinals will battle it out for NFCW champs while SF will give the Wethers a run for last place.

Cardinals will take the NFCW by a game

Cardinals will represent the NFC in the Superb Owl.

NFCN - Green Bay with the 2 seed and to the NFCCG unless they end up bracketed with the Seahawks

NFCE - Philly running away with a conference that would otherwise be a joke. The Dallas defense will not be able to keep them in games.

NFCS - Panthers, Saints, Falcons fight it out for the most mediocre division champ ever while TB continues to be TB.

My biggest mistake was calling the division for the Cards. I still think that if they had stayed healthy, they would have picked up an additional 2 wins and I would have been correct. They simply couldn't overcome the loss of so many key players. I also underrated the Hawks. I thought they would have a slump after the Superb Owl. For a while it looked like I was right, but I underestimated the ability of the coaching staff and players to bounce back. :141847_bnono:

At this point, I have a hard time seeing anyone defeating teh Hawks. There will be some good games yet, but I look forward to taking down Rodgers in the NFCCG and Brady in the Superb Owl.

- bsd RPA

rideaducati

Reaction score
The cards were 9-1 and I still called the Seahawks winning the division. I also called the niners crashing and finishing within one game of 8-8...