LOL @ Cowherd calling everyone morons

ivotuk

Reaction score
Especially"delusional Michigan fans." Because only a moron would think Harbaugh would go to a college team, let alone Michigan where hE can't recruit...

Colin also believes anyone who would even consider JJ Watt as an MVP is a moron. I hope (and believe he should) Watt wins MVP.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I actually agree with him that watt is not mvp material, though I wouldn't call others morons for disagreeing. Watt isn't as valuable to his team as rodgers, peyton, luck, or romo are to theirs, and it's not close. It's not his fault, just the reality that the positional value of QB is higher than DE.

el capitan

Reaction score
Trrrroy":16o0g2ka said:
I actually agree with him that watt is not mvp material, though I wouldn't call others morons for disagreeing. Watt isn't as valuable to his team as rodgers, peyton, luck, or romo are to theirs, and it's not close. It's not his fault, just the reality that the positional value of QB is higher than DE.

Although technically the award is for most valuable it should go to the most dominant player, the player who had the best overall season regardless of his position or its effect on his teams record. This year that player is JJ Watt, and it isn't even close. The guy had 20.5 sacks, 1 interception (returned 80 yards for a touchdown), 4 forced fumbles, 5 fumble recoveries (one returned for a touchdown) and a safety. And that's just on Defense, he also had three receptions on Offense all of them touchdowns. That's 5 TD's and a safety from a Defensive End, not to mention he finished only two sacks off the single season record.

pehawk

Reaction score
I didn't think there was anyway Jim would go to Michigan either. Why? He is a good pro coach.

I don't think we understand the depth of the dislike amongst his NFL peers. I'm sure that had something to do with it.

FireHawk79

Reaction score
There is for some reason a huge stigma with the mvp award that it primarily must go to a qb for some reason.... why I have no idea. But in my opinion Watt is far and away my vote for mvp. I think the only way they can fix this issue is scrapping mvp and just having OPOY and DPOY awards for the entire nfl. Regardless tgat wont happen so at least it allows a nice debate most years to who deserves the mvp!

OrFan

Reaction score
Colon Cowturd shouldn't have a job. If we were all as bad at the jobs we do in life as he is, our country would be a barren wasteland with nothing worthwhile to show. Why do people like him stay employed? He seriously has no knowledge of the things he talks about.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Harball has $8 million reason(s) to go coach Michigan..More than anyone in football..8 per season/6 years..As for MVP who cares..The Lombardi impresses me more..

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":11m01r9m said:
I didn't think there was anyway Jim would go to Michigan either. Why? He is a good pro coach.

I don't think we understand the depth of the dislike amongst his NFL peers. I'm sure that had something to do with it.

He's the Larry Brown of football or basically a Bill Parcells type. He knows football and mostly tolerated while winning but most dislike him on a personal level because he just that abrasive combined with the fact or feeling that he just won't ever be around in any particular location for more then 4-5 years because of that abrasiveness or lack of personal people skills.

I'm sure there are any number of NFL teams that would sign him up immediately it's more about him being a maverick type and knowing he can wait for the perfect situation (similar to Belicheck or Caroll) so why not take the money for a year or two?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pehawk":1li2wul0 said:

My respect for Jim Harbaugh has actually gone up based on his acceptance of the Michigan job. He has realized that he doesn't have the chops (at least, not yet) to maintain or build a successful NFL program. He did a fantastic job rearranging existing pieces (most of the starting roster changes he made in his first year in San Francisco were players that were already backups on the 49ers team) when he took over the 49ers and had some great success, but I think he's seeing the errors of some of his ways now. It wouldn't surprise me if, in his heart of hearts, he's reevaluating how he does some things and he'll try out a bit of a different philosophy at Michigan, hoping to have a Carroll USC-like run, and then a triumphant return to the NFL years down the road.

Just a hunch.

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":159gqxd2 said:
pehawk":159gqxd2 said:

My respect for Jim Harbaugh has actually gone up based on his acceptance of the Michigan job. He has realized that he doesn't have the chops (at least, not yet) to maintain or build a successful NFL program. He did a fantastic job rearranging existing pieces (most of the starting roster changes he made in his first year in San Francisco were players that were already backups on the 49ers team) when he took over the 49ers and had some great success, but I think he's seeing the errors of some of his ways now. It wouldn't surprise me if, in his heart of hearts, he's reevaluating how he does some things and he'll try out a bit of a different philosophy at Michigan, hoping to have a Carroll USC-like run, and then a triumphant return to the NFL years down the road.

Just a hunch.

Totally. He also had a groundswell of support from alums and fellow coaches steering him towards the Michigan gig.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'll admit I didn't think he'd go to Michigan, just have never seen a young winning NFL coach go back to college. Usually they go back to college when they're older and they know that no one will give them another chance until they prove themselves again in college (Pete).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ccfk7uzo said:
I'll admit I didn't think he'd go to Michigan, just have never seen a young winning NFL coach go back to college. Usually they go back to college when they're older and they know that no one will give them another chance until they prove themselves again in college (Pete).
Jim Harbaugh is older now (51) than Pete Carroll was (49) at the time Carroll was hired by USC. Carroll didn't have the NFL success, I know, but Harbaugh isn't as young as he looks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":22rkje8c said:
Sgt. Largent":22rkje8c said:
Jim Harbaugh is older now (51) than Pete Carroll was (49) at the time Carroll was hired by USC. Carroll didn't have the NFL success, I know, but Harbaugh isn't as young as he looks.

Fair enough, but what NFL coach has gone back to college after being as successful as Harbaugh in the NFL?

Usually it's guys that have crashed and burned like Saban or Spurrier.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3nc6hg0o said:
Sgt. Largent":3nc6hg0o said:
I see it now, his ultimate plan is to coach Michigan for the next 8 years and then replace Pete when he retires. :stirthepot:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":35dv9252 said:
I see it now, his ultimate plan is to coach Michigan for the next 8 years and then replace Pete when he retires. :stirthepot:
How hilarious would it be if a reformed post-Michigan Harbaugh came to give us another couple Super Bowl wins after Pete gets us 3-4?

That'd be funny as hell.

mikeak

Reaction score
OrFan":1zu3l8np said:
Colon Cowturd shouldn't have a job. If we were all as bad at the jobs we do in life as he is, our country would be a barren wasteland with nothing worthwhile to show. Why do people like him stay employed? He seriously has no knowledge of the things he talks about.

And we couldn't disagree more

He says what he thinks, is straightforward and admits when he is wrong. He picks a side which makes everyone interpret him as he dislikes the other side. Example when he said Rose shouldn't be the MVP in the NBA. Didn't mean he didn't like Rose but that is how everyone hears things these days.

I also didn't hear him use the word moron. OP - did he actually say that or is that an interpretation? I definately heard him saying he thought there was no way Harbaugh was going and he thought he would stay in the bay area and go to Oakland instead. Didn't hear the moron word used....

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":b3h502xp said:
MizzouHawkGal":b3h502xp said:
How hilarious would it be if a reformed post-Michigan Harbaugh came to give us another couple Super Bowl wins after Pete gets us 3-4?

That'd be funny as hell.
Thing is I'm almost half serious about the possibility.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
el capitan":2plowfit said:
Trrrroy":2plowfit said:

Although technically the award is for most valuable it should go to the most dominant player, the player who had the best overall season regardless of his position or its effect on his teams record. This year that player is JJ Watt, and it isn't even close. The guy had 20.5 sacks, 1 interception (returned 80 yards for a touchdown), 4 forced fumbles, 5 fumble recoveries (one returned for a touchdown) and a safety. And that's just on Defense, he also had three receptions on Offense all of them touchdowns. That's 5 TD's and a safety from a Defensive End, not to mention he finished only two sacks off the single season record.
If that is what the award is for, they should take the word "valuable" out. The MVP is real easy to quantify--it should go to the guy who gets his team the most wins. That's what "valuable" means. The flaw, of course, with this is it puts emphasis on the back-up.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2dwbryjm said:
pehawk":2dwbryjm said:

Just a hunch.
Harbaugh is not on PC's level--he's not at the highest level. PC has won championships in college and pros, Harbaugh ain't won jack. He's good, but he'll be like Sark was for the Dawgs--just a stepping stone. Don't bet on H to ever win a NC for Mich.