Cowboys + Refs = Trouble

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
I've heard it said that we might get the SB XL treatment if we go up against "America's Team" in the NFC Championship Game or up against America's Darling - Andrew Luck in the SB.

How would u rank our potential opponents in terms of how much Goodell/ref love they might get?

I'd say Cowboys, Colts, Broncos, Packers.

Although "they" wanted Peyton to win last year there was no chance to gift wrap game for darling Peyton.

Thoughts?

:179422:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Ugh...now we are complaining about what might happen?

grizbob

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":302kexq2 said:
Ugh...now we are complaining about what might happen?

You say that like it hasn't happened before :lol: :?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I firmly believe we were going to get the XL* treatment last year in the SB and the 3rd down run by Russ that they screwed us on the spot and then after Pete challenged still screwed us on was to me proof. Anything close was going to go against us until we started dominating and the outcome became obvious.

Dullass will get the benefit of any close calls when and if we play them. Green Bay will too because the only thing better than a Dullass vs. NE or Denver SB might be a Rodgers vs. Brady or Manning SB. As for Indy and Luck, we could get the shaft on that one too, but they ain't gettin' that far so moot point. And a Hawks v. Pats SB, hard to say. That's not a well liked team around the country because of Spygate and Belichick, etc. so maybe a fairly officiated game there.

Bottom line: my cousin told me after the debacle that was XL*...."to win a Super Bowl, the Seahawks will have to either beat the opponent and the refs or so totally dominate from the beginning of the game that the refs are taken out of the equation". The 2nd scenario proved to be how it played out obviously.

And yes, I am a conspiracy theorist and yes, I don't believe the NFL likes having us be successful (see grizbob's post above).

OpHawk

Reaction score
There is no doubt that the NFL has its more "desirable outcomes". Whether they are in fact acting on those is up for debate. I am of the belief if a particular outcome is viewed as more profitable to the league, then in some way or form, it will be aided.

Torc

Reaction score
Although there is very little connection between the 2005 team and today's team, I believe the phrase/motto "Leave No Doubt" is directly applicable. Pittsburgh left doubt in XL, the Hawks left none against Denver.

I'm looking forward to more beatdowns.

grizbob

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":487lmxoz said:
I firmly believe we were going to get the XL* treatment last year in the SB and the 3rd down run by Russ that they screwed us on the spot and then after Pete challenged still screwed us on was to me proof. Anything close was going to go against us until we started dominating and the outcome became obvious.

Dullass will get the benefit of any close calls when and if we play them. Green Bay will too because the only thing better than a Dullass vs. NE or Denver SB might be a Rodgers vs. Brady or Manning SB. As for Indy and Luck, we could get the shaft on that one too, but they ain't gettin' that far so moot point. And a Hawks v. Pats SB, hard to say. That's not a well liked team around the country because of Spygate and Belichick, etc. so maybe a fairly officiated game there.

Bottom line: my cousin told me after the debacle that was XL*...."to win a Super Bowl, the Seahawks will have to either beat the opponent and the refs or so totally dominate from the beginning of the game that the refs are taken out of the equation". The 2nd scenario proved to be how it played out obviously.

And yes, I am a conspiracy theorist and yes, I don't believe the NFL likes having us be successful (see grizbob's post above).

But there is a glimmer of hope, when Pete pointed out the disparity of flag throwing between us and them, the pendulum started to swing the other way. :th2thumbs:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pmedic920":1p50jy4a said:
Just like last years SB.
Keep the score so lob sided that the Zebras can't be a factor.
Problem solved.
GoHawks

This.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Torc":16y1gu90 said:
Although there is very little connection between the 2005 team and today's team, I believe the phrase/motto "Leave No Doubt" is directly applicable. Pittsburgh left doubt in XL, the Hawks left none against Denver.

I'm looking forward to more beatdowns.
Absolutely this!

In XL*, everything was Steelers/Bettis all day every day, and I think on some level the refs just bought the hype. Prior to XLVIII, it was almost as bad, with Peyton Manning leading the best offense in NFL history.

This time, though, we had Pete Carroll coaching. (I firmly believe if PC had coached the Seahawks in XL*, we would have won that game. Why? Because all the backups would have been prepared to play. "Etric Pruitt" became a cuss word around here because he simply wasn't prepared to play. Holmgren loved his veterans, and they got all the reps. IMO, Etric's failure in the Super Bowl was more on Holmgren than it was on Etric. Pete Carroll would have had him ready to play.)

And of course, Pete and John Schneider put together one of the best defenses and fiercest secondarys in League history, so humiliating an overconfident Broncos team was almost inevitable. :D

irocdave

Reaction score
I don't think we will ever see a replay of the hose job the Hawks were on the wrong end of in a SB again. Besides, the Stealers were the beneficiary of the hose job for a couple of reasons, the Rooney rule, getting hosed on some call years before and Bettass retiring in his home city. Jeremy Stevens didn't help with mouthing off and not backing it up....

So, right now, who is the model franchise in the NFL? Who's owner is parading around in the media or twitter saying things they later have to side step or apologize for? Who's owner hires the right people for the job then lets them do their job at a high level? If it is realized the wrong people were hired they are let go with class and compensated for their time.Which franchise is motivated by positive influence and little to zero tolerance for issues off the field? Which NFL franchise has total buy in by the fans and return the fan base is knowledgeable and doesn't bring shame to the NFL? How many cars were tipped over after the Hawks won the SB? How many riots burned down buildings, how many cops were shot?

The Seattle Seahawks are the model franchise right now. If your the NFL you want every franchise to be like the Hawks organization. QB that can be put in front of any camera at anytime and says and does the right things, players that are media hungry but intelligent, the "bad guy" great player that doesn't get in to trouble just cannot speak in public. Most players are young and made their own way with lots of reasons why they shouldn't be in the NFL but they are.

I don't see officiating being a reason the Hawks get bounced from the playoffs this year, the Hawks are what the NFL wishes the other franchises were. Even Dallass.

irocdave

Reaction score
We have all visited the " Legacy Franchises" fan websites, there is nothing that resembles old school class by their posters. If I'm the NFL and lurking, the only legacy franchise that still shows a bit of class in their forums are the Packers, Browns, Bengals and Giants.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
irocdave":25d5ql49 said:
I don't think we will ever see a replay of the hose job the Hawks were on the wrong end of in a SB again. Besides, the Stealers were the beneficiary of the hose job for a couple of reasons, the Rooney rule, getting hosed on some call years before and Bettass retiring in his home city. Jeremy Stevens didn't help with mouthing off and not backing it up....

So, right now, who is the model franchise in the NFL? Who's owner is parading around in the media or twitter saying things they later have to side step or apologize for? Who's owner hires the right people for the job then lets them do their job at a high level? If it is realized the wrong people were hired they are let go with class and compensated for their time.Which franchise is motivated by positive influence and little to zero tolerance for issues off the field? Which NFL franchise has total buy in by the fans and return the fan base is knowledgeable and doesn't bring shame to the NFL? How many cars were tipped over after the Hawks won the SB? How many riots burned down buildings, how many cops were shot?

The Seattle Seahawks are the model franchise right now. If your the NFL you want every franchise to be like the Hawks organization. QB that can be put in front of any camera at anytime and says and does the right things, players that are media hungry but intelligent, the "bad guy" great player that doesn't get in to trouble just cannot speak in public. Most players are young and made their own way with lots of reasons why they shouldn't be in the NFL but they are.

I don't see officiating being a reason the Hawks get bounced from the playoffs this year, the Hawks are what the NFL wishes the other franchises were. Even Dallass.
Great points, but in not sure Rog and or the NFL powers that be, see it that way.

They should be embracing Seattle and the "Seattle model" of doing things, but I'm not sure they are intelligent enough and or too stuck in the "old business model", see next years playoff expansion to help Pissburgh and the Cowturds make the playoffs every year as exhibit A.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
irocdave":149exn6p said:
We have all visited the " Legacy Franchises" fan websites, there is nothing that resembles old school class by their posters. If I'm the NFL and lurking, the only legacy franchise that still shows a bit of class in their forums are the Packers, Browns, Bengals and Giants.
You are correct but the only thing that the NFL cares about is revenue, nothing more nothing less. If the NFL had class they would have fired Rog over the Rice incident. Having the stealers and cowsquirts in the playoffs every year equals a ton of revenue thru playoff swag sales due to their large bandwagon fanbases.

I hope you are right and I'm 100% wrong however.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Back on topic.....

Anyone else notice when Dezzy starts jesturing for a PI flag (whenever he fails to catch a ball) he always gets one? The zebras should just hand him his own penalty flag and let him throw it as he pleases.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Like whats been said ,we just have score more and play solid D and not let the Zebras get involved..I doubt they will pull bs like the Steelers/us ..Today theres is a lot more clear replays and angles..The NFL can only pull their rope so far..I will stop watching the NFL if I ever see a hose job on the Hawks again..It's not worth the rage I felt from before at my present age.. No No No