Carolina vs the Cards

Northhawk

Reaction score
I think this will be a close match up with the Cards D harassing Newton early and often. If Newton doesn't get off to a fast start it usually puts him off his game and they don't put up many points. However, the Cards won't be putting up many points either. I think it's be 13-6 Carolina.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I think theres no way AZ wins. With LIndley as the QB, theyre done

mikeak

Reaction score
Arizona's defense 17 pts (two pick 6 and one fumble recovery that the offense fails to advance and they kick 3)

Arizona's offense - minus 14

End score 17-14 Arizona

FireHawk79

Reaction score
I see Car winning this game but the az d holds them to 16, too bad az can only muster 10. But hey u never know what can happen in the playoffs!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I don't like Arizona's chances here at all, but I'll be pulling for them for once just because it's so gratifying to put that gathering of trash in their place over and over again.

lucky49

Reaction score
rooting for the cards all the way just like i did in 2008. However I think they exit here. Lindley sucks and the cards D hasn't really been that good lately like it was early in the season.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think the Cards can pull it off. Of course this will require Arians to implement his game plan of getting 2 defensive scores, a,special teams score, the pair of FGs the offense will certainly earn and a few bad calls to get the Cards in FG range for a couple more.

It has worked for the better part of the season, I don't see why it has to stop now. Hell, it could even be like their match with Dallas. Newton could just decide that the auto accident injuries are too painful this week and be a late scratch.

HawkofTexas

Reaction score
Would rather face Arizona again,but see no chance of them pulling this one out with Lindley at QB. Think the final score be Carolina 16 - Arizona 10.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Panthers 23
Cardinals 6

The Panthers have been successful of late with a strong running games and defense. The Cardinals rush defense has gone downhill severely against Seattle and San Francisco, both teams with good rush offenses. I like Newton to keep his D off the field and his D to get him the ball frequently.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2ftakv65 said:
I disagree he put up numbers against San Francisco if he does the same vs. Carolina they can win. Basically all they need is one offensive touchdown by the long bomb, a defensive touchdown and a FG or two and they win. Very doable.

This game 20-17ish and pick your team. That's right up Arizona's alley. I don't buy Carolina's newfound running game given who it occurred against compared to what Arizona had to play against even to get in the playoffs.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sorry but I really hope Carolina finishes the Cardinals. Beating a team 3x in a year is hard... I don't care who it is.

Go Panthers.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I agree with Mizzou,he got that non throwing td monkey off his back..If he doesn't turn it over and has the same game he had against SC I can see the Cards winning..If Carolina copies our games against the Cards and uses that All Pro TE..Runs the ball good..I can see Carolina winning..Tough game to clearly call for me..It depends on a few things either way..

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":26076jjk said:
Beating a team 3x in a year is hard... I don't care who it is.

Nope. Not once the first two wins are already in the books. This is just one of those oft-repeated talking points that doesn't seem to have any significant truth behind it.

Since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970, 11 teams have completed a three-game sweep. Only six teams who were beaten twice in the regular season have avoided being swept.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... eam-before

That story is from 2008, and there have been three sweep opportunities since, with two of three being converted, so overall a team has swept 13 out of 20 times, or 65%.

Source: http://thesportspost.com/blogs/view/nfl ... s-debunked

I don't have the pointspreads handy from these matchups, but 65% is a very solid winning clip when you consider that the team on the other end was always a playoff team themselves, and it is doubtful that the average win expectation was significantly more (if more at all) than 65%.

Barring evidence to the contrary that I am currently unaware of, the "hard to beat a team three times in a season" effect is simply not a real one.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Bruce Arians and Todd Bowles keep this game very close but the Cardinals lose the game in the 4th quarter...

Panthers 20, Cardinals 16

Jville

Reaction score
Sounds like this Carolina team has a different defense than what we have seen in the past.

Seven rookies could start for Panthers vs. Cardinals >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000453284/article/seven-rookies-could-start-for-panthers-vs-cardinals[/urltargetblank]

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
really all up to Cam. he needs to be mentally tough. Not sure about that. He's pretty fragile upstairs.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Unless the cards defense outscores carolina, theyre f'd.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Hey, why is this game not on regular-people teevee? Why is it buried on a third-tier cable "entertainment" network?

This is the playoffs, NFL. Y'all gotta put your product out where it can be seen. This ain't baseball, which somehow justifies putting playoff games on TBS of all places. Figure it out, suits.

I'm addicted to the Hawks, but I swear, I hate the corporate envelope that surrounds them more and more every day.

P.S. Yeah, like everybody else, I kinda figure the Panthers to win this one. Better QB playing at home and all that, should be just enough to get past a Cardinals squad who's star seems to be unfortunately setting right now.

rideaducati

Reaction score
-The Glove-":fn0oy3mr said:

He had over 300 yards passing against the whiners last week and two touchdowns. I think the cards have a slight chance.