Jets and Kelly?

jake206

Reaction score
Just speculating, but how about if Jets and Harvin were united with C. Kelly's offense. Desean Jackson saga part deaux. :lol: It might be interesting to see Belicheat squirm a little. Shootout between Patriots and Jets. Yes please.

GM vacuum ...check. High draft picks...avail to trade for Chip ...check. AFC...i.e. outta Eagles division ...check.

SF and TB might not be bad alternatives for coaching vacancies, but Chip Kelly wants power. He doesn't like to share except with people he trusts like Gamble.

drdiags

Reaction score
Why TB? Is Lovie being fired after 1 year? Because I doubt he is going to leave the Eagles to be an OC in Tampa.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Kelly can get any coach fired. He's the hot GF...owners drool over. Doesn't matter how many years Lovie's been given. If I am not mistaken, having the worst record in football, is a cause for concern. NFL is cutthroat. Coaches are no exception.

drdiags

Reaction score
Yeah, but you said vacancies and Lovie is stil the HC at this point thus my question of whether you knew something I didn't. I see now it is just speculation so that clears it up for me.

drdiags

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/551157017633886208[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/551157844108918784[/tweet]

Looks like Kelly gets some power and Roseman saves face with a promotion

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Bet you this isn't the end of it. ;) Kelly wants to work with people he trusts. My guess, this is the Eagles idea, and not one endorsed by Kelly.

drdiags

Reaction score
jake206":fcvsiswu said:
Bet you this isn't the end of it. ;) Kelly wants to work with people he trusts. My guess, this is the Eagles idea, and not one endorsed by Kelly.

Most likely

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DonBanks/status/551159344247894016[/tweet]

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/882269685159007

Eagles' announcement: Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Lurie today announced a new structural change for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Howie Roseman will be elevated to the role of Executive Vice President of Football Operations and will continue directing contract negotiations, salary cap management, and NFL strategic matters, while overseeing the team’s medical staff, equipment staff and more.

Head coach Chip Kelly will now oversee the player personnel department. He will also lead efforts to hire a new personnel executive – a process that will begin immediately.

“We are a good football team and we believe these steps will help make us a great team," said Lurie. "That step - from good to great - is the most difficult one for any organization to make. To do that, sometimes you have to step back and really look hard at where you are today and what you want to become."

Roseman has been with the Eagles for 16 years in a variety of roles - as general manager since 2010.
“Philadelphia is my home and the Eagles are my family. My number one goal is to help bring a championship to this city and that will never change," said Roseman. "I believe this will solidify the trust we have all placed in Coach Kelly."
Kelly, who was hired as the Eagles head coach in 2013, has had two ten-win seasons.

“I am very confident about where we are headed as a team and as an organization. I look forward to continue working with Jeffrey and Howie as well as the personnel department," said Kelly.

“This is not a one-man operation,” added Kelly. “It will truly take a team effort to acquire and develop the best football players and then put the best team on the field each week. It will take all of us working together."

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
No excuses now I guess. Personally it won't help either Philadelphia or Kelly one bit. His philosophy doesn't work in the NFL because you actually have to have some form of defense that ISN'T on the field for 45 out of 60 minutes. He really should check out Arena Football he would be God there.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":lz95elvp said:
No excuses now I guess. Personally it won't help either Philadelphia or Kelly one bit. His philosophy doesn't work in the NFL because you actually have to have some form of defense that ISN'T on the field for 45 out of 60 minutes. He really should check out Arena Football he would be God there.

Truth, his offense clearly can work, but it strains the defense greatly. People complain about Bevell in the San Diego game, but just imagine running the offense that quick every single game and see what it does to our Defense.