Predict the games this weekend thread

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
How about a thread to predict the 4 games this Wild Card Weekend? I'll start in chronological order:

Panthers 20
Cards 17

When in doubt, take the home team and the team with the better QB.

Ravens 17
Stealers 13

Horrible weather predicted all day and night in Pissburgh means the already shit field will turn to a quagmire. Bell out for the Stealers so I'm taking the team that should run the ball the best.

Colts 30
Bengals 24

Ho hum, another playoff loss for the Ginger. Luck will throw his usual 2 picks but that means he'll outplay Dalton. If Cincy was smart they'd run the ball, run the ball and then run it some more, especially since A.J. Green is out. But Marvin Lewis never seems to be that smart.

Cowpatties 26
Lions 23

Interesting matchup what with the Dullass run game being their strength and the Detroit run D being theirs. But, until Detroit shows me they can win in the clutch (didn't happen last week), especially on the road, I'm not buying them.

What say you?

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Panthers 20, Cards 10

Ravens 24, Steelers 20

Bengals 27, Colts 23

Cowboys 31, Lions 13

taco40

Reaction score
Cardinals 15
at Panthers 20

Ravens 24
at Steelers 17

Bengals 20
at Colts 33

Lions 24
at Cowboys 17

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Cardinals 10
Panthers 23

Panthers have got some momentum and have a fantastic chance at advancing in through to the next round. Can you really back Lindley on the road in the playoffs?

Ravens 17
Steelers 20

I know they're minus Bell but I think they'll find a way to win. Ravens have lost a couple of key players lately and it's hard to know what version will turn up.

Bengals 30
Colts 17

Tough to take Andy Dalton in the play-offs without his best receiver but Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard are the best RB tandem in the league and I think they'll lean on them against a pretty poor run D.

Lions 20
Cowboys 24

I've never thought Stafford's as clutch as a lot of people do (his performance against us a couple of years back was impressive). I'm sure I saw a stat of his record against teams with a winning record on the road and it read 0-16. With that in mind it's pretty feasible to them losing here.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hmm...
Panthers 17
Cardinals 13

To me this is a pick em game that could go either way. Lindley actually put up numbers if he does so again look for Arizona in a upset.

Steelers 28
Ravens 31

This game is the classic upset for the weekend the La'veon Bell injury totally changes what Pittsburgh can and will be able to do and regardless of what anybody is or isn't saying Baltimore should be considered the most dangerous team in the playoffs at this point.

Colts 28
Bengals 30

Indianapolis can neither run or defend the run Cincinniati can do both so despite Dalton they will win.

Cowboys 21
Lions 13

If Stafford could actually play well against a good team the result would be the reverse no question, well why would he suddenly do something he never has before? He probably isn't hence the loss even though Detroit is probably the better team overall.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Panthers 17
Cards 16

I expect the Panthers to win this game, but if there is a team in the playoff field that AZ can beat, it is the Panthers. They are not world beaters and Newton while mobile, may struggle to get the ball off. The Cards are just a nightmare on offense.

Colts 28
Cincy 13

Meh...

Pitt 24
Balt 17

Steelers beat the Ravens on the mudpit.

Dallas 31
Detroit 20

I would like Detroit to win this game, but too erratic to pick them in a playoff game.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Panthers 17
Cards 13

Colts 27
Cincy 14

Pitt 24
Balt 17

Dallas 34
Detroit 20

Chapow

Reaction score
Panthers - 16
Cards - 10

Both teams have good defenses and pretty bad offenses. I expect a pretty ugly "defensive struggle" type of game here, but at the end of the day, I'll take Cam Newton at home over Ryan Lindley on the road.

Stealers - 24
Ravens - 14

Yes, Bell is out. However, Rapeylocks is still a vastly superior QB to Flacco and is throwing to one of the best, most underrated WR's in the NFL in Brown. Just like in the 1st game, I'm taking the home team with the better QB.

Colts - 31
Bengals - 17

I think the Colts score enough to make Cincy pretty much abandon the run in 2nd half and I just can't see Dalton leading his team to a come from behind win on the road in a playoff game.

Cowboys - 35
Lions - 21

Cowboys have been on fire lately averaging over 40 points per game in their last 4 games. The last time the Lions scored more than 20 points in a game was 4 weeks ago against Tampa Bay. Honestly, I could see this game being a blowout.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Panthers 14
Cardinals 17

Stealers 21
Ravens 17

Colts 20
Bengals 24

Cowboys 21
Lions 10

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Carolina 20, Arizona 16

Pittsburgh 35, Baltimore 30

Indianapolis 27, Cincinnati 24

Dallas 33, Detroit 24

Chapow

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1w16hsyf said:
...and regardless of what anybody is or isn't saying Baltimore should be considered the most dangerous team in the playoffs at this point.

OK, I just have to ask because this comment is absolutely baffling to me. What in the world makes you think Baltimore is the most dangerous team in the playoffs?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Chapow":360uhg9y said:
MizzouHawkGal":360uhg9y said:
...and regardless of what anybody is or isn't saying Baltimore should be considered the most dangerous team in the playoffs at this point.

OK, I just have to ask because this comment is absolutely baffling to me. What in the world makes you think Baltimore is the most dangerous team in the playoffs?
They are experienced and can run the ball and pass the ball. Don't let this season fool you Baltimore has the pieces to make a run just like 2-3 years ago. Denver isn't going anywhere and New England is literally winning with smoke and mirrors if you consider DVOA, Pittsburgh's defense is about 5 years too old with no running game to help them tonight, they have absolutely no balance to their offense especially now. Indianapolis can't run itself outside a wet paper bag nor stop anybody else's run game, Cincinnati is Detroit with the exact same issue (a quarterback that can't play in the big games).

They're a team that has won a Superbowl recently with a good amount of the same players still on the roster and should that should never be discounted or forgotten at this time of year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":eyix0cbb said:
Don't let this season fool you Baltimore has the pieces to make a run just like 2-3 years ago.
I've got all the pieces on my chess board to challenge grandmasters. Doesn't mean I'm capable of beating them.

Baltimore's not getting to the Super Bowl this year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3dohfdhf said:
MizzouHawkGal":3dohfdhf said:
Don't let this season fool you Baltimore has the pieces to make a run just like 2-3 years ago.
I've got all the pieces on my chess board to challenge grandmasters. Doesn't mean I'm capable of beating them.

Baltimore's not getting to the Super Bowl this year.
Never said they would all I said is that they will beat Pittsburgh. To me the AFC is a scrum so I wouldn't be shocked by whoever makes it to Glendale out of that mess.

SF49r

Reaction score
Everyone said the same thing about them in 2012. They were huge underdogs against the broncos pats and niners but they still got it done and Flacco was unbelievable in that run. Never count out any team in the playoffs though even the Panthers, anything can happen.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SF49r":3rlwqiak said:
Everyone said the same thing about them in 2012. They were huge underdogs against the broncos pats and niners but they still got it done and Flacco was unbelievable in that run. Never count out any team in the playoffs though even the Panthers, anything can happen.
Exactly.