Really missing Golden Tate right now

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I love how he bounced back from getting annihilated on that punt return to score a long TD catch. Still an animal run blocking too. My hatred for Percy Harvin has never been stronger

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
He's not gone because of Harvin. He is a wife boinker.

gulliver

Reaction score
Tate is such a beast.

First off, loved his response to Barry Church when Church promised to blow him up as "payback" for the Sean Lee hit a few years back. "Never heard of him ... trying to get his name out there, I guess." Nobody is more of a [hilarious] ass than Tate and I love it.

Second, his awareness is just premier. On a first half 3rd down, he has the awareness to steamroll for the first. Another time in the first, Stafford threw a jump ball, but somehow you never worried about it getting picked... looked like it could have been intercepted but the only guy who gets hands on it is Tate from behind, and even when he doesn't catch it he knocks it to the ground. On another third down, he has the presence of mind to hang the ball out front to pick up the third as he's heading out of bounds. Just such a key guy; he is missed every week.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Considering he had 61 yards and no TDs in 3 postseason games for us last year...I dont see how his production or lack thereof will be missed.

kearly

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1ekgutxt said:
Considering he had 61 yards and no TDs in 3 postseason games for us last year...I dont see how his production or lack thereof will be missed.

:34853_doh:

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I liked Tate as a player when he was here. And yes, he is missed.

But I really couldn't stand his antics. You put up with it when it's your guy. But it always bothered me how chippy he would get, and how obnoxious his celebrations were. He's that guy you want to smack in the face. I really wouldn't mind seeing him get his block knocked off by Kam, if we were to play them next week.

drdiags

Reaction score
Don't miss him. I think he went to the perfect team to utilize him. He signified a toughness with the Seahawks that I liked but when the team invested heavily into Harvin, you knew Tate was gone. Really was surprised the team extended Baldwin since I wasn't sure how to judge how the team weighed the WR position.

Goes to show that WRs may not look very good in the kind of offense the Seahawks play vs the more wide-open sling it around the park offenses most NFL teams rather play in this era. Seems some have a hard time letting go. Nothing will turn back the hands of time and most likely he would be thought of as pedestrian if still here.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
He is missed much more than I predicted. Of course I thought Harvin would have made us forget all about Tate by now, but that's another story.

Would anyone else rather have Tate still on the team knowing KJ or Avail would be gone next offseason? All three avg $6-7mil per year.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
drdiags":28obc4x2 said:
Don't miss him. I think he went to the perfect team to utilize him. He signified a toughness with the Seahawks that I liked but when the team invested heavily into Harvin, you knew Tate was gone. Really was surprised the team extended Baldwin since I wasn't sure how to judge how the team weighed the WR position.

Goes to show that WRs may not look very good in the kind of offense the Seahawks play vs the more wide-open sling it around the park offenses most NFL teams rather play in this era. Seems some have a hard time letting go. Nothing will turn back the hands of time and most likely he would be thought of as pedestrian if still here.
Very true. In fact, if we had hypothetically let ADB go to Detroit and kept Tate, Doug would have the same numbers.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Golden Tate today > Percy Harvin today. He's also the definition of "Seahawky."

Pete and John gambled wrong there.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Pete and John were just doing what Russ wanted.

gulliver

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":21coj030 said:
Because the season is longer than just the postseason, for one.

For two, nobody's putting up monster, Denver-sized numbers in Seattle. That's not what we're about. We're about guys moving the chains and giving RW & Marshawn chances to keep grinding, and keeping the other team's offense off the field. Tate does that well, as he's shown tonight.

For three, despite not being a huge guy, he was a great jump ball guy. Honestly, RW throws a few less INTs this year if Tate's on the field.

For four, I haven't heard anyone reminisce about having Tate as a legitimate PR/KR threat. God knows it helps a hell of a lot to have great field position. This year what is Bryan Walters good for, 2 yards per return? And we would rather have that?

nanomoz

Reaction score
If it's any consolation, Tate is probably missing being a Seattle Seahawk right now.