St. Louis Rams Owner Ready To Move To LA

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice should be giddy. Also, hurray for less travel time for the Seahawks starting in 2016 or 2017.

Marvin49

Reaction score
...and if the Rams can get the ball rolling on a stadium, I'd expect the Raiders to try to jump in on that deal and move with them.

Mark Davis is poor by NFL Owner standards and needs someone else to get the ball rolling...Rams ownership fits the bill.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2jl6g9ng said:
RedAlice should be giddy. Also, hurray for less travel time for the Seahawks starting in 2016 or 2017.

I wouldn't expect this before 2018. Takes 2-3 years to build a stadium and Kroenke is going to use this as leverage in St. Louis, too.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The earliest they can move is 2016. Speculation is they would move then and play two years in the Colosseum while the new stadium is being built.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
St. Louis market vs LA hmm...

If I were worth $6B where would I rather live STL or LA...

Man...such a hard decision

/sarcasm

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Other than the Kurt Warner Super Bowl years, St. Louis has been a very average football town, so it's hard to root for them to stay there.

As a Hawks fan, Los Angeles is a far more attractive place for the Rams to be. Less travel for the team, easier and WAY more fun for Hawk fans to travel down to see a game, etc...............and it's still LA, so it's not like it's going to turn into some AMAZING home field advantage.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":vial7mvx said:
RolandDeschain":vial7mvx said:

I wouldn't expect this before 2018. Takes 2-3 years to build a stadium and Kroenke is going to use this as leverage in St. Louis, too.
*shrug*

Whenever it happens. Either way, Los Angeles is a far better place for the Rams than anywhere within 500 miles of St. Louis, Misery.

sc85sis

Reaction score
SeatownJay":13mj3yv6 said:
The earliest they can move is 2016. Speculation is they would move then and play two years in the Colosseum while the new stadium is being built.

They have to work a deal with USC in order to play in the Coliseum. USC has control for the next 90+ years as part of the agreement signed with the Coliseum Commission in 2013. Might be a win/win though as USC is looking for ways to fund a whole lot of renovations included as part of that agreement.

korboko

Reaction score
My question is will they keep the Ram's only Super Bowl championship in St. Louis? I guess it will be part of the franchises history but taking away the city's only Super Bowl win seems harsh.

kearly

Reaction score
Hard to feel to bad about this, the Rams going back to LA is kinda like the Thunder turning into the Sonics and going back to Seattle. They never should have left LA for a small market city like St. Louis.

Still, the way the Rams owner has gone about this seems kinda shady.

Jville

Reaction score
I don't believe a move to LA would be that indigestible for Saint Louis.

Saint Louis is a baseball town ...... just like San Francisco.