Stealers fans take on the Motor City Kitties hose job...

irocdave

Reaction score
Most NFL fans (yes, I've made the internet rounds..) and in general 75% of NFL fans saw the same hose job as I. I find it ironic though that the Stealers fans find this totally out of line yet have no question in their mind they had ZERO help with SB40. It's amazing how fans can see things through team colored glasses. They act like this has NEVER happened before. Yet...I remember the shit storm that came down on the internet after the officiating debacle that was SB40.
http://pit.scout.com/forums/1897-heinz- ... allas?s=68

Yea..The Hawks should have just "overcome". Yea NO. That shouldn't have had to overcome premeditating officiating. Ever wonder why the Stealers haven't been back to Seattle since? The NFL is in for rude awakening this coming season when that team HAS to come back here and get it's ass handed to them again. Just like the last time they were here. You watch, the Stealers Hawks game will be so over shadowed by some other NFL driven agenda most casual NFL viewers wont even know it took place. Cant wait to see the signs and verbal abuse heaped on that team, fans and referees.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I have to agree--that was a total hose job, and changed the game. It made it feel like the fix was in. At least Mike Pereira weighed in with an honest opinion on it.

Stealers players and fans alike are welcome to buy tickets and attend Seahawks games. That's the only way they'll be seeing the Seahawks in person this season.

I also think SBXL was about 40% refs and 60% Seattle FO incompetence.
When SS Marquand Manuel went down in the 2nd quarter, we put in "man-off-the-street" Etric Pruitt.
Not really dissing Pruitt; it really comes down to FO and Holmgren not arranging for and developing a better backup plan for a position where they had zero depth. Pruitt had no meaningful time to prepare, just thrown in and "hope".
http://mynorthwest.com/422/629388/Marqu ... 5-Seahawks

More precisely, PC/JS have shown us how things should be done. Actually the situation now of losing Jordan Hill is very parallel. PC/JS have developed a pool of "next man up" DT's that could step in, and yes, there is a dropoff, but these are not "man off the street" guys, and they know, or will know, the Seattle system, much better than Etric Pruitt did in SBXL. Whether it's Landon Cohen or Jimmy Staten, if they need to take meaningful snaps in a big game, they'll be far more prepared than Mr. Pruitt was for SBXL.

Hell, we won some games with rookie Brock Coyle at MLB this year. Remember that. This FO is the real deal, along with "Always Com-Pete" developing a pool of players who can step in.

PC/JS would never allow a situation like happened in SBXL when a key starter went down and there was no viable backup plan whatsoever.