Report: Bears to part ways with Brandon Marshall

FireHawk79

Reaction score
I like watching marshall play.... for other teams. I just dont think he would be the kind of player for the hawks locker room. Now granted he has seemed to mature and isnt the marshall of his early years. But I just as an observer feel that he would not enjoy not getting the ball every play. I feel like he would have avlittle percy inside of him and the hawks do what they do with the right guys they feel can handle the selflessness needed. Just my opinion of course... now I would like to be wrong but dunno for sure

sutz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":15wf1cps said:
Just say NO to expensive WRs until/unless we become a more pass-oriented offense.
Don't agree with you much, but you're right on here. ;)

CHawk

Reaction score
Bears claiming locker room cancer. Didn't we learn anything from the Percy experiment? Let's just see how our rookie receivers pan out before taking on other teams garbage.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
CHawk":2fq6p1c3 said:
Bears claiming locker room cancer. Didn't we learn anything from the Percy experiment? Let's just see how our rookie receivers pan out before taking on other teams garbage.
Well documented anger issues. So well documented, the did an NFL Network It's a football life episode. "The journey of Chicago Bears Pro Bowl wide receiver Brandon Marshall is one of the NFL’s great turnaround stories. During his first seasons in the NFL with the Denver Broncos and Miami Dolphins, the mercurial Marshall achieved immense on-field success, yet struggled with uncontrollable emotional outbursts and off-field issues. Yet through his diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder, Marshall has been able to couple his success on the football field with a determination and passion to make an impact in his community"

CHawk

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":22rehbat said:
CHawk":22rehbat said:
Well documented anger issues. So well documented, the did an NFL Network It's a football life episode. "The journey of Chicago Bears Pro Bowl wide receiver Brandon Marshall is one of the NFL’s great turnaround stories. During his first seasons in the NFL with the Denver Broncos and Miami Dolphins, the mercurial Marshall achieved immense on-field success, yet struggled with uncontrollable emotional outbursts and off-field issues. Yet through his diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder, Marshall has been able to couple his success on the football field with a determination and passion to make an impact in his community"

OK I understand that he has a personality disorder, why do we want to deal with it. To me it sounds like Percy.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Theres going to be a lot of talent available at WR this off season. Hawks will have plenty of options.

endzorn

Reaction score
I'm not saying Schneider should break the bank, but Marshall on this team would be absolutely deadly. Read the quotes from Marshall, everything that people claim makes him a locker room problem. He doesn't set out to tear the team apart, he talks about accountability and a desire to win. He has an extensive history with the law and I know a lot of people want nothing to do with that, but he finally addressed the issue and I'd love him here. If he wants to take less to play for a team with this talent then waste no time.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I would rather draft and develop. Players that only know PCs way of doing things are not likely to be a locker room issue. Marshall would have to come at a good price for me to like a move like that.

Sac

Reaction score
I'm personally waiting for Chris Matthews to develop into the monster 6' 5" receiver he could be....

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
endzorn":6bj5v9px said:
I'm not saying Schneider should break the bank, but Marshall on this team would be absolutely deadly. Read the quotes from Marshall, everything that people claim makes him a locker room problem. He doesn't set out to tear the team apart, he talks about accountability and a desire to win. He has an extensive history with the law and I know a lot of people want nothing to do with that, but he finally addressed the issue and I'd love him here. If he wants to take less to play for a team with this talent then waste no time.

To be fair, that probably is considered cancerous in the Bears' locker room.

OrFan

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2n67xmcw said:
endzorn":2n67xmcw said:

To be fair, that probably is considered cancerous in the Bears' locker room.

So true because it is completely contrary to the attitude of his awesome turnover machine, oops, I mean quarterback. The machine of a quarterback who would rather ride a bicycle on the sideline than play in a big game.

He does seem to have a better attitude, probably better than most of his teammates, as you said. I still wouldn't want him though, the diva thing is still within him, it was made there, and he would get frustrated by rarely getting the ball and having to block more than actually be targeted.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
CHawk":32okjzjr said:

I don't buy it. Marshall is one of those hyper-competitive guys. He wants to win. The locker room issues this year stemmed from him calling out Cutler and co for not caring.

And if you've watched Cutler play.. he sure seems like he doesn't give a 747 flying bleeeeep about winning or losing. He's just there to collect a paycheck.

This FO thought high enough of Brandon Marshall to consider trading a high first round pick for him.. granted he has some more tread on the tires now but he is still a deadly weapon in the passing game. And he blocks like a monster too.

On a buy low deal? We'd be foolish to not look at him.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Yes please. The locker room issues are overblown. And to those that say wait for a genuine receiver for when we have a passing game, I think that's cart-horse, horse-cart. Can't have a genuine passing game without a genuine #1 receiver. Also let's sign Fitzgerald while we're at it. We'd be good for a Four-Pete.

byau

Reaction score
Head case
Other team's leftovers
Locker room cancer
Percy Harvin
or... Marshawn Lynch?

If you think about it, the success that a players' coach like Pete Carroll had with Marshawn Lynch is what also had them thinking of going with Percy Harvin. So they are 1-1 in those decisions

When it works out, it works out well. When it doesn't, you cut it early and go to the next decision.

With that mindset would you have been willing to go through not just one but two types of Percy Harvin trades to get one Marshawn?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I believe they'd save about $4m by cutting/trading him before the start of next season. I guess they'll try and do the latter but their willingness to get rid of him and his age should prevent that price from being too high.

I think we'd be in play in either scenario, though we'd probably have more chance of getting a deal done through a trade.

SeaChase

Reaction score
He's gone because Cutler is probably gone. Those two are meant to be together.