Is this the end for Peyton Manning?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
He's due $19m in 2015.

Clearly he's not the same player this year. The numbers are way down. As the year went on he became less and less effective. He must know... surely... that it's highly unlikely he's going to come back and win a Super Bowl without serious help from the rest of what is a pretty overrated roster.

The Broncos drafted Brock Osweiler weeks after signing Manning, presumably with the idea he could one day take over. He cost a second round pick.

It looks like John Fox is out, possibly with the plan to promote Adam Gase and avoid losing him (although god knows why, this was a poor offensive gameplan tonight).

Is this the end for Peyton?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I think he comes back next year to get the all time yardage record. That, and the Donkos will be desperate to believe this was a fluke. (It isn't.)

Chawks1

Reaction score
Isn't his contract for $19 m in 2015 guaranteed already because he was on the current roster at the end of this season? I think I read it was.

I think he should retire. He doesn't have much left. The fans are booing him at home. Kind of sad way to end his career.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
He's crazy to come back next year. Pretty much embarassed himself last year in the SB, and then again today.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If Peyton Manning were an actual horse, you'd be eating him at Taco Bell in a week.

A

Anonymous

Hasselbeck":1s6fp3l6 said:
If Peyton Manning were an actual horse, you'd be eating him at Taco Bell in a week.

Now that's just wrong....funny as hell....but wrong.

knownone

Reaction score
He'll be back... and he's still effective. This was not a Peyton Manning loss, the broncos as a team were bad.

Happy

Reaction score
knownone":9sstewlu said:
He'll be back... and he's still effective. This was not a Peyton Manning loss, the broncos as a team were bad.

mostly agree.

pey pey wasn't responsible for luck having all day to throw.

Ironically perhaps, I think he could still be effective as a game manager/point guard qb on a run oriented team. he needs to be on a pitch count. they allowed him to throw the ball way too much this year and he was throwing ducks for the last month as a result.

He'll be back for another shot.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":pjlye9qf said:
I think he comes back next year to get the all time yardage record. That, and the Donkos will be desperate to believe this was a fluke. (It isn't.)

This. He won't be back with the goal of winning the super bowl, but he will return to ensure his name gets to the top of the yardage list unless Denver dumps him. Remember this is the guy that continues to throw the ball deep at the end of blowouts so he can have more TD passes.

Northhawk

Reaction score
He was asked after the game if he's coming back.

He said he's processing this game. When asked a second time if he's coming back he said he couldn't answer that.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's time ,I said this 2-3 weeks ago..He always said he would go if he couldn't play to his standards..He clearly cannot anymore..Age catches up to even the best of them...

kearly

Reaction score
They will roll one more year with Manning. He very well might sign with another team after that. I hear it's pretty warm in Houston in January.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
I think he'll play one more year. Seems like they always try to squeeze one more year in then they maybe should. If they can improve the running game and not have to rely on Manning throwing 400 yards a game, Denver may still have a decent year and , saving his arm a bit, make one more post season with Payton. I'd hate to see him really flame out, though.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Denver won 12 games this year, and was almost the AFC's top seed. That's an incredibly successful regular season. Who could play QB for Denver next year, either via free agency or draft, that would give them the chance to win as many games as Peyton? I think he's back for sure next year and I think think that Denver has another fairly successful season with him in a weak conference. Is this the end of his Super Bowl aspiration? Absolutely.

VB Hawk

Reaction score
I'm sure I read somewhere that if he is still on the Denver roster on March 1st, the next season of his contract is fully guaranteed.

Cannot see that happening.